The 2013-14 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
True, I think Miles would go to Texas though he flirted with Arkansas last year, and Texas has a lot more money. Plus I think Miles could actually dominate the Big 12 at a school like Texas.
Miles isnt leaving LSU.

Also, he didnt Flirt with Arkansas. George Bass flirted with Arkansas and got Les Miles a $549k raise.

The ole ball coach has still got it

stevekick_medium.gif

Miles isnt leaving LSU.

Also, he didnt Flirt with Arkansas. George Bass flirted with Arkansas and got Les Miles a $549k raise.

True that is another piece of the pie how many coaches are going to get huge raises just because Texas is open?

True that is another piece of the pie how many coaches are going to get huge raises just because Texas is open?
Ding ding ding.

Ding ding ding.

You know what I can't wait for, Beags? The 8th of November... I think it's gonna be a really good game!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

Disagree. So, Clemsons on field play isnt the reason they jumped to #3?

I'm thinking largely about teams ranked 8-25 at this point. Rankings certainly become more accurate the further into the season we go. Michigan, the Irish, Miami, Florida come to mind. Personally, I don't think rankings should start at all until the 5th week of the season. Before that the votes are based a good bit on reputation and last year's record.

They won't pull anybody out of the sec's top 4 or 5. Even for the money, who wants to rebuild a broken program that comes with mountains of expectation and 0 patience?

Geziz, name another top program that doesn't have great expectations.

Patience? We've sucked since 2010. The 4 biggest beat downs we've had from OU have come under Mack, not even competitive. I'm expecting the same this year.

Mack has 2 conference championships in 16 years. I think that with the top recruiting classes Texas has had during his tenure we should have a few more.

Top coaches will be beating down the door to come to Texas when Mack is done this year.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Texas head football coach is a top 3 gig for too many reasons to even get into.

Texas athletics has been in a funk for the last 5-7 years; baseball program, basketball program and football program. The new AD is going to be busy as all 3 programs need a overhaul.

Mack is done. You can see it in his face in his post game interviews.

Texas pays well and will pay even more if the coach is big enough. My personal opinion, these kids need a football coach this time, not a father figure. Not a coaches wife that bakes cookies for the team after all losses. I don't know where the next coach will come from but I think Stanford's Shaw is a good starting point.

Geziz, name another top program that doesn't have great expectations.

Patience? We've sucked since 2010. The 4 biggest beat downs we've had from OU have come under Mack, not even competitive. I'm expecting the same this year.

Mack has 2 conference championships in 16 years. I think that with the top recruiting classes Texas has had during his tenure we should have a few more.

Top coaches will be beating down the door to come to Texas when Mack is done this year.

Texas will get a great coach, but if you think Texas will steal Saban, Meyer, or Miles, you are crazy.

Texas will get a great coach, but if you think Texas will steal Saban, Meyer, or Miles, you are crazy.

I think the fans would want them. But the people that run Texas don't.

I think the fans would want them. But the people that run Texas don't.

It's moot. Those programs can meet any offer Texas makes.

It's moot. Those programs can meet any offer Texas makes.

Point is it would never come to it. Not gonna happen. They have their own opinions about them and that won't change. Money wouldn't be the issue.

Point is it would never come to it. Not gonna happen. They have their own opinions about them and that won't change. Money wouldn't be the issue.
I bet Alabama can match + exceed anything that Texas would want to offer Saban.

I think if Saban goes anywhere, it'll be to try his hand on the Pro level again. Either as a head coach or highly paid DC. You have to think that his stint in Miami left a bad taste.

I think if Saban goes anywhere, it'll be to try his hand on the Pro level again. Either as a head coach or highly paid DC. You have to think that his stint in Miami left a bad taste.
Saban has won 3 NC's at Alabama....you think he will go be a DC in the NFL? That's a demotion.

Saban has won 3 NC's at Alabama....you think he will go be a DC in the NFL? That's a demotion.

I think we'll want to win & he's running out of championships to go after. Maybe not a DC but I could see him prowling the sidelines on Sunday somewhere.
Don't the Jets need a head coach?

The only reason he's leave Bama is if he got bored and wanted a new project and prove to everyone just how great he was in college football. With that ego it wouldn't be about the money.

The only reason he's leave Bama is if he got bored and wanted a new project and prove to everyone just how great he was in college football. With that ego it wouldn't be about the money.
I agree. I could see his Ego wanting to have 3 NC's at 3 schools. That is the only thing that I think will drive him to go somewhere else.

I agree. I could see his Ego wanting to have 3 NC's at 3 schools. That is the only thing that I think will drive him to go somewhere else.

Players would go wherever he went. Amazing what he has done. If only SMU could convince him what move to Dallas would do for his legacy. Ha! Build it and they will come.

Saban's wife loves Austin and the lifestyle there compared to Tuscaloosa. Stranger things have happened. My personal choice is Gruden who has expressed some interest from what I have read.

The new ad is going to have his work cut out for him.

Players would go wherever he went. Amazing what he has done. If only SMU could convince him what move to Dallas would do for his legacy. Ha! Build it and they will come.

LOL.

Saban's wife loves Austin and the lifestyle there compared to Tuscaloosa. Stranger things have happened. My personal choice is Gruden who has expressed some interest from what I have read.

Call me crazy but I don't think Gruden will be the longhorns next coach. I honestly think he will be the Cowboys coach in the next 1-3 yrs. I could be wrong though. Correct that, I probably am wrong but that is my prediction. Lol.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Texas will try to go after Saban.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

SMUG has been known to throw money at people to get them.

How do you know that Saban's wife loves Austin? Is that information that we don't get up here?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back