Free Handicap Tracking Website?

Merged with another thread.

I use diablo golf. They just settled with the USGA so now their number can be used for official handicap events.

Forgot that inorder to make it official you have to pay 14.99 annually now so no longer free.

Do any of these online trackers have better-than-average, user friendly apps available? I'd love to be able to enter my score via my iPhone right after I finish a round.

R.O.

Do any of these online trackers have better-than-average, user friendly apps available? I'd love to be able to enter my score via my iPhone right after I finish a round.

R.O.

OOB golf does. I use it during the round to track all my stats.

I've used oobgolf on my android phone. Really easy to use.

On oobgolf.com, they changed the page where you click on “Your Game” and then “handicap”? It used to show your score and differential for your past 20 rounds. Now it only shows a running handicap.

On oobgolf.com, they changed the page where you click on “Your Game” and then “handicap”? It used to show your score and differential for your past 20 rounds. Now it only shows a running handicap.

I don't think I'm gonna like that...

Agreed. It was more useful before when you could see the differentials and see which ones were going to drop out of the calculation and what you needed to score below to improve.

Hopefully they will reply to my email about this. Not liking the change.

Hopefully they will reply to my email about this. Not liking the change.

Sent: Saturday, September 14, 2013 5:15 PM
To: oobgolf team
Subject: changes to website

Why did you change the page where you click on “Your Game” and then “handicap”? It used to show your score and differential. Now it only shows a running handicap. I have talked with several people who do not like this change. Can you please change it back?

They replied back to me tonight. Looks like they are in the middle of updating the website. Hopefully the part we like comes back!

Sent: Tuesday, September 24, 2013 4:49 PM
To: 'Mike M'
Subject: RE: changes to website

Thank you for your support of oobgolf. We are in the process of updating our handicap system. Please be patience with us while we make the necessary updates. We'll make further announcements in the forums.

Thanks for letting me know about OOB. I just signed up and plugged all the old scores in. Really cool to have a handicap finally!

Thanks for letting me know about OOB. I just signed up and plugged all the old scores in. Really cool to have a handicap finally!

Its a cool site just double check the course and slope ratings every now and then as ive found mistakes before. But beyond that its been perfect.

Free... not free.... I believe GHIN comes with most every men's/women's club membership dues, which is required to play club tournaments and events and events at other courses, does it not? WHen I first started, back in March, I used a program on my android called Swing by Swing. It was free and included a GPS that showed any course I played, kept my score and did my handicap. I now use GHIN Mobile and I'm Caddie, since Ghin was provided by my club.

Free... not free.... I believe GHIN comes with most every men's/women's club membership dues, which is required to play club tournaments and events and events at other courses, does it not? WHen I first started, back in March, I used a program on my android called Swing by Swing. It was free and included a GPS that showed any course I played, kept my score and did my handicap. I now use GHIN Mobile and I'm Caddie, since Ghin was provided by my club.

But this is a thread for completely free handicap tracking, which GHIN is not. It might come with whatever, but places like oob are free, period, by themselves.

I'm looking for a new place since OOB seems to be cutting the little extras and asking for a fee to get back what used to be free, anyone know what a good option is. If I can't find something like OOB used to be I'm probably going GHIN if I have to pay anyway to get the little extras. I miss the original handicap page/scoring link on OOB.

I'm looking for a new place since OOB seems to be cutting the little extras and asking for a fee to get back what used to be free, anyone know what a good option is. If I can't find something like OOB used to be I'm probably going GHIN if I have to pay anyway to get the little extras. I miss the original handicap page/scoring link on OOB.

Look up about 5 posts from yours. Go to the OOB forum and see what they say there. I think it will be back just fine.

It looks like the handicap page is active again on OOB. Still not showing the ESC or Handicap Differential but it's at least showing the scores and which ones are being used in the calculation.

It looks like the handicap page is active again on OOB. Still not showing the ESC or Handicap Differential but it's at least showing the scores and which ones are being used in the calculation.

Now it looks like it's all back. Doesn't show handicap on the Your Game page, but if you click on "trending handicap" all the info is there,

On the oob website:

We are in the process of updating our handicap system to comply with the USGA Handicap System™. In the near future, we will be able to provide a USGA Handicap Index™ for a nominal cost, which can be used in competition.

Hope this doesn't mean that the free handicap will be gone.

Back