The #Grandaddy - Callaway Golf & THP - Details

I passed the time by taking an extended lunch today and hit a large bucket. Focused on my 8 iron, 6 iron, 4 iron and a little bit of the driver.

I found a great swing thought that worked for me: "half swing"

Tricking myself mentally to take a half swing resulted in me getting into the optimal position on the backswing. From there it was all about flattening my left wrist and swinging from the inside. Was making some really solid contact with my irons. Miss tended to be a high fade, but it was controllable and I was hitting it straight and solid most of the time. It hit the elevated hill the 200 yd flag sat on about 6 times in a row with me 4 iron (into an 8mph headwind). Very happy with the range session!

Excellent work, Joe. I am desperately trying to keep my swing from getting too long. When it's early in the round/range session, I can really control the backswing while also making a nice turn with my hips. As the round/session gets longer, though, I get tired and lazy and start getting back to the old moves. At this point, it's a matter of repetition so that I can continue to make the move unconsciously and it becomes my "go to" move/position even when I get a little tired.

I really need to focus more on chipping and pitching at this point. Putting is still very solid, but I have found myself leaving chips/pitches too long from the hole, especially on short and mid-range pitch shots. I'd love to be inside of four feet instead of inside of six to eight feet on those shots. Just takes more practice and time to develop feel.

It's going to be incredibly difficult to do, but I really need to spend a day at the range where I do nothing but short game stuff.

Seth - I have the same struggles with fatigue/laziness allowing the back swing getting longer as the range session drags on - especially with the longer irons. The moment I notice it I stop, put whatever club I have down and immediately switch to my wedges and hit some partial shots. Keeps me from developing bad habits by changing things up rather than trying to "plow through" swing flaws.

It's pretty awesome to not only follow along with everyone's progress but to also interact with and support everyone along the way.

I suspect the ZooCrew isn't prepping like this. Their conversations are probably something like, "Man, you're really killing those TPS reports! High Five!"

After seeing ATL play yesterday, I suspect the ZooCrew is in trouble. Seth has some serious game. Harry still has time to waive the white flag, back out and give everyone an Optiforce.

Taps away

Seth - I have the same struggles with fatigue/laziness allowing the back swing getting longer as the range session drags on - especially with the longer irons. The moment I notice it I stop, put whatever club I have down and immediately switch to my wedges and hit some partial shots. Keeps me from developing bad habits by changing things up rather than trying to "plow through" swing flaws.
What's funny is that the 3/4 swing still generates 90 percent of the power but with increased control. The compact efficient swing is the way to go. And you know that you still have some in the tank if you really need to step on it or something. I've been working on this for months... Feels good though

Excellent work, Joe. I am desperately trying to keep my swing from getting too long. When it's early in the round/range session, I can really control the backswing while also making a nice turn with my hips. As the round/session gets longer, though, I get tired and lazy and start getting back to the old moves. At this point, it's a matter of repetition so that I can continue to make the move unconsciously and it becomes my "go to" move/position even when I get a little tired.

I really need to focus more on chipping and pitching at this point. Putting is still very solid, but I have found myself leaving chips/pitches too long from the hole, especially on short and mid-range pitch shots. I'd love to be inside of four feet instead of inside of six to eight feet on those shots. Just takes more practice and time to develop feel.

It's going to be incredibly difficult to do, but I really need to spend a day at the range where I do nothing but short game stuff.
Seth I use an impact bag all the time. It really helps immensely with keeping things in check, and it also seems to have helped with the swing stamina

You boys have been really patient and I figure some news will be coming soon. Has to, we're only 2 months out :D

I spent about 30 minutes just looking at Palm Springs pictures today. First time in CA for me. I've got getaway fever. The pictures and love I saw in the LV thread with desert and mountains has me excited to see what it's like in the valley.

I've been looking as well. Haven't been West of Texas in my lifetime.

FACT: This thread has replaced my thp forum bookmark. I click the thp logo and am sent right to this thread with hopes of more information from Sir Harold.

Finally getting out again for 18 tomorrow. Cannot wait for my refund check from school to get here to get started on the winter setup. Love following along with everyone's progress and findings. Let's get some more info!

Harry cannot expect us to be content with the released info for too awful long! Only having to narrow down from 10 to 8 team members, I'd expect that to be among the next releases.

Finally getting out again for 18 tomorrow. Cannot wait for my refund check from school to get here to get started on the winter setup. Love following along with everyone's progress and findings. Let's get some more info!

Harry cannot expect us to be content with the released info for too awful long! Only having to narrow down from 10 to 8 team members, I'd expect that to be among the next releases.

I would like harry to expand on how we will be "using the same equipment" as the zoocrew. And maybe a general itinerary? What do we even have to pack?

In due time it will all be clear I'm sure. We all will continue to work our butts off to be prepared. We will continue to grow closer as a team. We will continue to be supported by the awesome THP family. So it will happen when it happens. If I'm on there side I would be getting a little worried about those things I've listed.

But kevinnnnnn! I want an oompa loompa nowwwwww!

BUT2XRVCQAA8iYJ.jpg:large

Lets go #DreamTeam!

Oompa Loompa, do-ba-dee-det,
Where in the world is Harry Arnett?
Oompa Loompa, do-ba-dee-dails,
Quit holding back, just spill the details.

Oompa Loompa, do-ba-dee-det,
Where in the world is Harry Arnett?
Oompa Loompa, do-ba-dee-dails,
Quit holding back, just spill the details.

What do you do when you know you will lose?

Sit in the dumps and start singing the blues?

Hiding from us will not make you prevail.

It just prolongs your ep-ic fail.

Get-out-of-your-cub-i-cle...

I never thought I'd see Seth bust a rhyme. This is getting serious.

What do you do when you know you will lose?

Sit in the dumps and start singing the blues?

Hiding from us will not make you prevail.

It just prolongs your ep-ic fail.

Get-out-of-your-cub-i-cle...

This has so much win.

Have to give the assist to Joe. He got it all started.

Hilarious absolutely awesome Seth and Joe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Why do I have this odd feeling that Harry's family has a long history of Beet Farming

#HarrySchrute

Guys I know you want some of the details, but truthfully not a lot changes.
As long as you get your travel itineraries in a timely manner (should be soon), the rest can wait.
The company is launching its product line currently and while I am sure the Grandaddy is top priority, we must remember it is not the only priority.

Well said JB.
Callaway has some incredible things to come & I know we can all benefit from it.

38/41 +7 79 today

Struggled with the driver but was money with the wedges all day. Burned edges all day but no 3 putts. Only one birdie and 8 bogeys.

Back