Me like

by7ydy3y.jpg

Waterproof?

Probably not, I'll look to see if they have an waterproof case like that

If you don't ride in the rain no biggie honestly.

I have a life proof case on my phone and they make a holder for your handle bars

If you don't ride in the rain no biggie honestly.

I have a life proof case on my phone and they make a holder for your handle bars

Yeah we have very little rain here in this area. It's a really cool holder, because it's a nice aluminum frame, with both a physical holder, and a magnetic holder if needed. It really looks good

Guess I should be more active in this thread...

For Canadan...

Columbus-Blue-Jackets-Cycling-Team-Jerseys.jpg

7475480310p

Guess I should be more active in this thread...

Congrats on the career change War! What brands of bikes do you carry? Are road bikes more popular in FLA than mountain bikes?

Congrats on the career change War! What brands of bikes do you carry? Are road bikes more popular in FLA than mountain bikes?
Hey Grins- Just seeing this one dude.

Our two main brands are Specialized and Cannondale. We carry some BMC road bikes, and cruiser bikes from Electra.

We primarily sell Road Bikes, as there are very, very few Mountains in Florida (read; None). However, we do carry some mountain bikes, the new ones with the 29" wheels from Specialized are selling quite well for us as a lot of people are doing more and more trail riding down this way it seems.

Hey Grins- Just seeing this one dude.

Our two main brands are Specialized and Cannondale. We carry some BMC road bikes, and cruiser bikes from Electra.

We primarily sell Road Bikes, as there are very, very few Mountains in Florida (read; None). However, we do carry some mountain bikes, the new ones with the 29" wheels from Specialized are selling quite well for us as a lot of people are doing more and more trail riding down this way it seems.

I'm came really close to buying a BMC Pro Machine back when I was shopping a few years ago. It was pretty much a toss-up between that and the Cervelo that I ended up with. That BMC is a great, great frame, though.

I'm came really close to buying a BMC Pro Machine back when I was shopping a few years ago. It was pretty much a toss-up between that and the Cervelo that I ended up with. That BMC is a great, great frame, though.
I road a Race Machine about a year ago for a while, absolutely loved that one.

Which Cervelo did you end up with? I have wanted an S Series for a while now.

What do you guys think about a trek 1000 sl for a starter road bike? I found an 08 for 350

I road a Race Machine about a year ago for a while, absolutely loved that one.

Which Cervelo did you end up with? I have wanted an S Series for a while now.

I've got the R3. Bought one new end of 08. Frame cracked last year and a I got a brand new one from warranty with whatever they call their version of BB30. Their warranty is awesome. Sram red and ksyrium sl wheels. Weighs a little. Over 15 pounds which isnt bad for a 56 that's strong enough to train on.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

What do you guys think about a trek 1000 sl for a starter road bike? I found an 08 for 350

An 05 Trek 1000 was my first road bike. Not a bad way to start. The only issue is that if you get addicted you'll be looking to upgrade sooner than you think. But if that's the price range that gets you out there go for it. You'll probably be able to sell it for the same amount in a year anyway.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I dont know A TON about Trek bikes, however the SL is a great starter bike. My only concern with buying used is the integrity of the frame (cracks, etc) and what shape the components and wheels are in. If it's in poor shape, it wont give you the ride you want and it will cost more to replace the parts than just to spend $200 more on a newer entry level road bike.

32 miles this morning, a great morning for a ride.

I am trying to get back in my routine of riding at least 100 miles per week, and the ride this morning put me at 102 miles for the week (since Sunday).

32 miles this morning, a great morning for a ride.

I am trying to get back in my routine of riding at least 100 miles per week, and the ride this morning put me at 102 miles for the week (since Sunday).

I really want to get into this. Need cardio but pavement is too tough on my knees. Wife actually has some interest also....

I really want to get into this. Need cardio but pavement is too tough on my knees. Wife actually has some interest also....

Low impact on the body, for sure. A great workout.

I would love to start cycling. Might pick your brain about it this spring Ryan.

I can tell you first hand that it's a great sport to get into with your wife. My wife resisted for years when I tried to get her to ride, but she finally got into it, built up a group of friends that she rides with and has been hooked. I haven't been riding much the last couple of years, so now she's more into it than me, but I'm planning on getting it going again here. Biggest Loser starts in a week! Anyway, just wanted to encourage you to check it out. I think you'll be glad you did and there are tons of ex-runners who get into cycling, because of the low impact and get just as obsessed.

Last spring I bought a Trek FX 7.5 and got pretty into it last summer. Wasn't tracking miles or anything, but was trying to ride a few times a week and even rode to work a few days. Then last August, I tore a muscle in my leg playing softball, and haven't ridden since. No real reason other than my work location wasn't ideal for riding to...and I just simply got out of the habit of riding.

Seeing this thread (and I'll go back and read through it) and War's recent career move, may have just relit that fire a bit.

Been collecting and trading parts for years to build my dream road bike and finally did it, just built an all carbon Orbea Diva, with Sram force. Carbon seatpost, and handlebars, race wheels, it weighs in about 16.3 lbs, went with crank brothers eggbeaters, for simplicity. I've commuted when I lived in a different city, and riding any cheap bike I could afford, and then about 4 years ago, started hunting for sale, discounted frame, parts and strange but I don't know what to do now that the bike is complete. Guess I'll just ride.

Last edited:
Been collecting and trading parts for years to build my dream road bike and finally did it, just built an all carbon Orbea Diva, with Sram force. Carbon seatpost, and handlebars, race wheels, it weighs in about 16.3 lbs, went with crank brothers eggbeaters, for simplicity. I've commuted when I lived in a different city, and riding any cheap bike I could afford, and then about 4 years ago, started hunting for sale, discounted frame, parts and strange but I don't know what to do now that the bike is complete. Guess I'll just ride.

Congrats! The Diva is a nice frame for sure. My wife's first road bike was an Orbea and she enjoyed it. Sounds like a pretty bullet-proff build. SRAM Force is a great group. What kind of wheels did you go with?

Back