THP Fantasy Football - Week 6 Thread

THP Fantasy Football - Week 6 Thread

I wouldn't mind a decent RB in league 1. No one is off limits if the trade is good.

Last edited:
Just in the middle of the pack really need to start making something happen in the next couple of weeks to have a chance.

Based on this news, I'm looking for a WR in League 4. Willing to give up one of my tight ends for a WR. My tight ends are Charles Clay (top 10 in fantasy TE points this year) and Gronk, who is set to return this week.

Sure AFTER he beats me this week. Bad news Amol. Trade sent.

Injury news hitting hard. Owen Daniels out for 6 weeks with broken leg. Just great.

Wonder if I could trade Julio and Eli. It's not fantasy it's a nightmare now.

News on Julio is not a welcome thing to get. I've been lucky to be where I'm at so far standings wise, this isn't going to help.

I've been ravaged by injuries, I also have had more points against me than any other team in my division.

If anyone wants/needs a WR in League 4, send me any and all offers!!! Between Brandon Marshall, James Jones, Vincent Jackson, Justin Blackmon and Greg Jennings I really only want to keep 3. So two could go and at least 1!!!

Bring me your offers, needs would be, in order: 1) RB, 2)QB, 3)TE

My QB carousel continues...Thanks to Hoyers injury, Geno Smith has been added to my bench for a bye week replacement for QB1 P. Rivers

The hits for Atlanta keep coming

"@AdamSchefter: Rain it pours: Falcons concerned WR Roddy White could miss at least one game, possibly more, due to left hamstring he pulled Monday night."

The hits for Atlanta keep coming

"@AdamSchefter: Rain it pours: Falcons concerned WR Roddy White could miss at least one game, possibly more, due to left hamstring he pulled Monday night."
That sucks for the Falcons.

My QB carousel continues...Thanks to Hoyers injury, Geno Smith has been added to my bench for a bye week replacement for QB1 P. Rivers

Haven't followed but what happened to 1st round CAM?

Haven't followed but what happened to 1st round CAM?
A few trades to upgrade a few positions for me, including RB, WR, QB.

Trade #1 consisted of trade of Sidnye Rice and DeAngelo Williams for Green-Ellis and Phillip Rivers.

With an upgrade at QB, a second trade was conjured up;

Trade #2; I sent Cam, Edelman and Alshon Jeffery and got Hoyer, Tavon Austin, and Andre Johnson.

That sucks for the Falcons.

I would rather he sits. He has been playing hurt all season and isnt the player he normally is. Would have preferred he sat out 2 weeks ago when Julio was healthy.

Trade #1 consisted of trade of Sidnye Rice and DeAngelo Williams for Green-Ellis and Phillip Rivers.

Trade #2; I sent Cam, Edelman and Alshon Jeffery and got Hoyer, Tavon Austin, and Andre Johnson.

I do like the 1st trade but now with the Alshon Jeffery blow up not the 2nd. (even before Hoyer hurt) Rivers has to be comeback fantasy player of the year!

I do like the 1st trade but now with the Alshon Jeffery blow up not the 2nd. (even before Hoyer hurt) Rivers has to be comeback fantasy player of the year!
A few things;

Edelmans pts are declining, and when looking at it, with Gronk coming back he is going to get fewer and fewer chances.

If you were to have an option of the two, between Alshon Jefferey and Andre Johnson.... who do you pick? I chose Johnson, as I dont see Alshon continuing the past 2 weeks much longer.

Geno to the rescue!!

A few things;

Edelmans pts are declining, and when looking at it, with Gronk coming back he is going to get fewer and fewer chances.

If you were to have an option of the two, between Alshon Jefferey and Andre Johnson.... who do you pick? I chose Johnson, as I dont see Alshon continuing the past 2 weeks much longer.

That's not bad thinking. I think Gronk opens up Edelman like he did Welker but there is the injury risk. Alshon for Johnson makes since every day of the week when put that way. Alshon seems to be getting the targets due to doubling up on Marshall though. So lastly, does that make CAM and Hoyer even?

The Julio injury is gonna hurt my team badly....really hoping for a miracle in this second opinion, but not holding my breath.

That's not bad thinking. I think Gronk opens up Edelman like he did Welker but there is the injury risk. Alshon for Johnson makes since every day of the week when put that way. Alshon seems to be getting the targets due to doubling up on Marshall though. So lastly, does that make CAM and Hoyer even?
I would value a healthy Hoyer and his offensive weapons higher than Cam and Carolinas offensive weapons. The stats backed that line of thinking up.

I've got a couple solid trade offers out in league 4 for a top TE. Unfortunately Amol accepted the wrong deal. :disapointed:

No worries though after my one point loss the Dominators will go on another roll. Cam can't stink it up all year can he???

Only 4 teams worse than mine in League 2. Yeah, Baby!! I've got 'em right where I want them. They'll never see me coming up from behind until it's too late.

Unless it's already too late for me.

Trades are interesting.
Here is an example. Would you trade A. Jeffery for AJ Green or Calvin Johnson? He has outscored both.
I do however think the flipside of that is the case too. People still holding on to potential of early picks and we are in week 6.
When does S. Ridley, D. Martin, or any other early RB pan out? Do they at all?

People value their early picks quite high until about week 8 it seems.

Yeah, I picked up Corderelle Patterson early on because I thought he might come on strong later in the season & I could trade him for a bigger need. How many weeks can I keep a guy on the bench who I can't use? Three.

I've got a new strategy: No more looking for Mr. Right. Now I'm looking for Mr. "Right Now".

Back