The #Grandaddy - Callaway Golf & THP - Details

Well I thought it was pretty necessary for me to play 18 this morning.

Really really solid ball striking round, had some trouble hitting greens even though my ball striking was fantastic.

40/37 +5 77

11/14 fairways
29 putts
1 birdie, 6 bogeys

Just about 8 weeks to go boys!!

One question(s) and then I will move on my way so that I'm not accused of Harry loving again cause it took me about a week to where I could sleep through the night again:

Are you guys going to change your prep up any as you get closer to the date?
Will you be playing more on the course or spending it on the range?
What do you think the last 2 weeks leading into the match will look like for you?

I will keep trying to play about once a week. Going to try to play 36 next friday. Got myself an indoor putting green now so I will be really honing in on those putts inside 10 feet. For me, it is about not overloading and staying fresh.

I wish this were on the East coast. If it was happening within range, I'd show up just to watch you guys take down the Zoo Crew. It's going to be an epic experience for you all.

Thanks for the support everyone. It really is awesome to have the forum supporting all of us. I can promise I am working my butt off to get this win for THP. I know my teammates are doing the same

One question(s) and then I will move on my way so that I'm not accused of Harry loving again cause it took me about a week to where I could sleep through the night again:

What do you think the last 2 weeks leading into the match will look like for you?

I am not going to change a thing! When the weather turns bad, I'll just move indoors and try and simulate everything best I can. It's going to be fun leading up and bouncing things off people. I look forward to the next few weekends with THPers and hoping they will be able to provide feedback/suggestions.

I don't think I am going to change much. I am getting to the range more now and will be doing a lot of chipping and putting everyday and make sure that part of my game is really solid. I will still try and get out on the course once or twice a week.

The last two weeks I will probably keep things the same. Don't want to overload myself and just keep building confidence leading into the event.

And I am absolutely loving the #9 Tour Design. If the milled face of the new putter feels anything like the TD, it will be going in the bag for the #grandaddy for sure (assuming that we won't have be using our own putters)

Based on what Harry said, what is theirs is ours. I think a #7 is basically set in stone for me, with hopefully the SS 2.0 as I have become very comfortable with that grip

Based on what Harry said, what is theirs is ours. I think a #7 is basically set in stone for me, with hopefully the SS 2.0 as I have become very comfortable with that grip

#9 with the SS 2.0 for me would be just dandy. No 3-putts in back to back rounds for me!

Keep up the work fella's, from what you guys are posting your playing some absolutely amazing golf and you dedication to practicing is top notch.

Keep on Keepin on and the ZooCrew wont know what hit them! Morgan is gonna look Awesome wearing the Champions Belt at the PGA show!

Inside 60 days.

I can remember the day that I took a phone call from the man himself about this crazy idea he had and his question about whether I'd want to lead a team. It'll have almost been a year since that conversation by the time we jump on an airplane in December. In some way, I have thought about or done something surrounding this event every day since that phone call.

Since that time I've had the great fortune to get to know seven guys on this Dream Team. Seven guys that were sitting there hoping beyond hope just like everybody else, but had the good luck to get called up. They've worked their butts off. They've supported my visions for our team without question and are currently in the process of doing the neccessary things to make those dreams and plans reality. While we may not talk about it all in this thread, I've peppered these guys with requests, questions, and opinions and they've gone with me every step of the way. Not only that, but they've actively encouraged me along the way and let me know they are happy with our direction.

This is my team, their team, and your team. I'm proud as hell of each of them. Many know that it's not easy to find the time or motivation to do what needs to be done in advance of an event like this when there are family and work obligations standing in the way. We've got guys taking lessons, practicing often, and making HUGE improvements in their games. They are bonding and getting to know each other better so we can stand on the first tee as one unit. All the things I asked them to do and I am extremely appreciative.

But, we're not done. We've got more work to do and today I'll ask them again - work harder. Try to do something to get ready for this thing every day, even if it's 15 minutes on your indoor putting green. There's still time to work on the swing if that's what you are doing or hit the short game area. Hell, maybe read an article about match play strategy or talk with your team about your game. Whatever it is, in these last 60 days, don't lose that focus that got you this far.

Reach down a little deeper guys. Think about the gravity of what it means to know that you are representing the people of THP. Think about what it's going to feel like when you're standing on that first tee and you know you did every little thing you could to be ready. You're almost there, but no resting yet.

Freaking spot on hawk.

Wouldnt have anyone else leading us into battle buddy

Can we have this song play as we are introduced on the first tee?

[video=youtube;NsIB3-t2j3A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsIB3-t2j3A[/video]

That would be sweet.

What a leader, something tells me Hawk is going to go out there and play the best golf of his life and motivate the crap out of his team to play just as well

Hopefully it it won't be too awkward to show up at Callaway HQ with a SS 3.0 in hand.

What a leader, something tells me Hawk is going to go out there and play the best golf of his life and motivate the crap out of his team to play just as well

That's the plan Bradd! Each of these guys is going to be the very best they possibly can be come December.

Captain Hawk rules. Let's go run through a wall or something similar.

Freaking Captain Hawk right there! Couldn't have dreamed up a better motivational post. Just got done with a phenomenal 18, and feel like I could do another 18. Instead, I'm at the practice green working mainly on uphill putts (but not only). For some reason I have a mental block and left every single one short today. It's alright though, I'll putt to the moon and back* for a THP #DreamTeam victory in the #Grandaddy!

*I have no way to achieve this, but it sounds good.

Mr BigTime!
as far as my prep goes as we near the December dessert duel. Here is a skeletal plan of what I plan on doing.
i will probable take one or two more full swing lessons through Golftec to make sure my full swing is as solid as possible. Continue to practice around the greens extensively. I will also be getting in 2-3 rounds weekly as long as weather holds out. If the weather turns I will use my practice seasons at Golftec to play on the simulator. During my rounds on actual course I will play some match play what the hell my son and our normal group, purposely putting my self in different scenarios such as playing with a lead and playing from behind. I will be reading some more of the Dr Rotella books on the mental side of the game.

Now ow let me ask you.
In your last 60 days leading up to the MC what did you work on? What worked what didn't? What would you change if you did it all over again.

Captain, my Captain! What a post by Hawk! Great stuff!

Back