Des Moines Outing in October

The forecast for Saturday varies by source. Most are saying zero chance on Saturday. The highest I have seen is 30%. Dodging lightning strikes just adds to the thrill of the weekend right?

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 4

Dodging lightning is like a favorite pastime isn't it?

Dodging lightning is like a favorite pastime isn't it?

I'm a fan. Though it is a b*tch if you get caught.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 4

OK, so I'm not an avid participant in the modern tech revolution - I don't own a cell phone or a smart phone or a tablet or a laptop. My sister has kindly lent me her old laptop, which is Wi-Fi enabled, and she lent me her AT&T Go Phone that she uses on her family vacations to the USA, so in theory I should be able to keep in touch as I travel to Des Moines.

Never the less, I figured I would share my travel plans just in case.

I will be leaving Regina Thursday AM, and will travel to Fargo via Winnipeg & I29. Stay in Fargo for the night, then travel to Ankney via I94/Minneapolis and then via I35.

Bullfrog & Flying Wedge - I gather you guys are planning to meet up for dinner, I hope to meet up with you. I have your contact info and will call if need be. I will forward my contact info once I get the Go Phone sim card replaced & get a new # assigned. If you can, post in this thread where you plan to eat and I should be able to find ya!

dhartman - I will PM you on Thursday with my contact info as well, If I am not at the Days Inn by 10 PM, call me or check this thread!

AND....................................

Someone PM me tomorrow evening with a reminder to bring my passport!

Not a problem. When I get settled, I'll post my room # & tell front desk they can give info (room & such) for guys asking for me.
I posted awhile back I got some equip. If people want to trade or I can sell. Let me know if interested cause don't want to pack & then take back home if no interest.
33" putters. Couple of shafts. Cart bag. Adams irons reg shaft. Will give more detail if wanted.

tappin from my big as note2

Safe travels Sean. We're looking forward to meeting you.

Remember no need to get range tokens Sat. morning. Save the $4 or whatever it is. I'll get to the course around 7:30.

Thanks for the reminder sir. Had already forgot.

Remember no need to get range tokens Sat. morning. Save the $4 or whatever it is. I'll get to the course around 7:30.

You the mean Sleuth. I will probably forget, but either way, you are the man

OK, so I'm not an avid participant in the modern tech revolution - I don't own a cell phone or a smart phone or a tablet or a laptop. My sister has kindly lent me her old laptop, which is Wi-Fi enabled, and she lent me her AT&T Go Phone that she uses on her family vacations to the USA, so in theory I should be able to keep in touch as I travel to Des Moines.

Never the less, I figured I would share my travel plans just in case.

I will be leaving Regina Thursday AM, and will travel to Fargo via Winnipeg & I29. Stay in Fargo for the night, then travel to Ankney via I94/Minneapolis and then via I35.

Bullfrog & Flying Wedge - I gather you guys are planning to meet up for dinner, I hope to meet up with you. I have your contact info and will call if need be. I will forward my contact info once I get the Go Phone sim card replaced & get a new # assigned. If you can, post in this thread where you plan to eat and I should be able to find ya!

dhartman - I will PM you on Thursday with my contact info as well, If I am not at the Days Inn by 10 PM, call me or check this thread!

AND....................................

Someone PM me tomorrow evening with a reminder to bring my passport!

Sounds good. Glad you're making the drive down. It's gonna be a great weekend!

Dude, lol. That is slightly more intense than any of the other items in you list. That also sucks.

~Sir Rock

And for the record....They got the truck and the folks responsible... The story is pretty insane, especially how they were caught. If you want to know it, I can message my friends recap to you.

And for the record....They got the truck and the folks responsible... The story is pretty insane, especially how they were caught. If you want to know it, I can message my friends recap to you.

If you have to PM it to me, then I bet its pretty good. Msg away!

~Sir Rock

Okay, so here is what happened straight from my friends post of the whole situation....Sorry it's so long but it wouldn't let me PM it.

Normally I telework on Mondays and Fridays, however due to the government shut down I went in yesterday because I had to furlough some of my employees, therefore I teleworked today instead. GOOD THING.

So at 6 am I logged in to my computer in my living room which is in the front of the house right next to the driveway. My dogs started barking for no good reason (so I thought). I told them to shut up so they wouldn't wake Justin, however I popped up to turn my porch lights on just because. I checked out the window and I didn't see anything so I went back to the couch and sat back down in front of my computer. Not even 5 minutes later I heard Justin's truck start up. I immediately jumped up because of the noise and ran out the front door onto my front porch. As I was exiting my house I saw Justins truck pull out into the neighbors yard (taking out a tree and a fence). They couldn't back directly out my driveway because I parked right on the bumper of his truck. Due to this they had no choice but to throw it in reverse, back into the garbage cans and wheelbarrow and go through my neighbors yard, hitting everything in their way. I started yelling at them and screaming "What are you doing?? My truck, my truck!" They took off up the road making a left down 134. I called 9-1-1 and started screaming at Justin to get up. Not the best wake up call but he popped right up, lol.

The cops showed up shortly after and we went over the whole situation and they documented everything. While they were there my neighbor was leaving for the school bus (he goes to Grant) was walking out of his house and asked what was going on. I told him and he said hey there is a wallet in my front yard. So the cops went over there and checked it out and determined that it was stolen from somewhere else in the neighborhood. So they documented it and then left.

After they left I called my brother since he lives a few doors down and he came over. Justin left with Anthony to go on a truck hunt. While my brother and I were standing in my driveway I noticed a white bag accross the street. I said "what is that?" I walked over and it turned out to be a white sheet covering a green sheet covering an XBox 360, some controllers and a Transformers game. I turned to my brother and said "they took off with the truck, but they forgot their loot!" We put the Xbox 360 inside and notified the cops. My brother then said "Lets wrap some bricks up and put it back where we found it maybe they are dumb enough to come back for it" so we did.

About an hour later Justin was outside sweeping up nails (his tailgate was open when they took off so his tools and parts were strewn accross the road) and my neighbor was out there talking to him, my brother was out there watching and I was standing in my driveway at this point. Some kid (18 years old) comes walking up. Justin immediately lays into him "Kind of funny you come walking through my neighborhood when my truck gets stolen" and just giving him a hard time. The kid shrugs it off and says "I'm just getting picked up by my cousin, blah blah blah". So Justin goes to sweep up his nails and sure as ****, this kid goes for the package and picks it up. My brother immediately jumps in his face. "Whats in that?" The kid tells him "Its my playstation". He didn't look at it or anything, he just knew what was in it. My brother and Justin yelled at me to call the cops. I call 9-1-1 again. I decribe what he is wearing and tell them we have him here. I told everyone, cops are on their way and the kid takes off running!!!

The pursuit begins. This kid runs through a few backyards but my brother stays hot on his trail. He's jumping over fences and **** and my brother goes after him. He gets about 5 backyards down where he attempted to go over a back fence to get to another road and my brother rips him down off the fence and pins him to the ground. The kid says "I can't breath" because my brother has him held so tight and my brother responds "Good, thats the point". My brother holds him down until the cops get there.

The cops arrest him and his friend. His friend showed up as we were standing there calling the cops on the kid who picked up the package. Justin detained him just in case he had anything to do with it which at this point we only thought it was the one kid.

So both kids end up getting arrested due to the decoy and them being dumb enough to come back for it. Since they got arrested the cops had addresses on file of thier houses or "known" locations of where they could put a truck and one of them panned out. They notified Kenosha police to scope out a few places and sure enough Justins truck was sitting in a driveway in Trevor, WI.

So we just picked it up and it is now safe and sound in our driveway. My brother is the neighborhood hero and I'm a happy camper with a happy boyfriend again...
Citizen's Arrest b*tch!

Last edited:
Oh Kenosha...

One of my closest friends is part owners of the Tilted Kilt up there and in VH and they also own the Bull 'N Bear which I continually tell him is a dump. haha.

Good story though. Your copy and paste skills need some work. Glad it worked out.

First of all, Derek. That's a crazy story and pretty entertaining!
Second, it was confusing to read!
Third, did you actually write that? You must have copy and pasted it from some girl's writing?

Sorry about that....For some reason THP site was not loading for me and I was trying to edit it. Anyway.... It should be correct now :)

It was copy and pasted from the person's recap on Facebook of course. ha.

Thats insane. Thp gatherings can get insane, but not that insane.

~Sir Rock

Are there going to be any games going on this weekend? We're playing the ladies tees right? :)

Are there going to be any games going on this weekend? We're playing the ladies tees right? :)

I figure Taylor and I will have to play a little match with you and Sean.

That sounds like fun. Hopefully we'll all be warmed up by then :)

I'm bringing pain meds and my foam roller to help my back recover from the 6 hour ride so I'm game!

Sweeet. We need a little help preparing for December and the Grandaddy.

Sweeet. We need a little help preparing for December and the Grandaddy.

Oh that's gonna be soooooo much fun. Super jealous!

Yea, it should be ok lol :clapp:

Yeah, just another ho hum weekend of golf I'm sure.... :p

I'm in hate with all y'all since I won't be able to attend another outing in Iowa for the second straight year. With my schedule I probably wouldn't even be able to make it if it was being held in my backyard. I have my fingers crossed for you guys so that you get great weather because the courses are in great shape right now and this is my favorite time to play golf with all the leaves changing color and the crisp morning air. And the fact that once college and pro football start it seems like 75% of golfers have already put away their clubs for the season so rounds are much quicker.

Back