One Heck of a Week!

Congrats on your proposal!

Thanks for sharing. Great to hear that the both of you will be life partners! Congrats and have a long and prosporous marriage.

I haven't been very active on the forum in the last week or few due to being extremely busy with life (haven't even swung a club in almost two weeks!).

On Sunday after much planning and probably 8 hours of cooking, I proposed to my girlfriend of four years and she said yes! Couldn't be happier right now! I had started to think about it back in June and then got the ring commissioned in August. It was finally ready at the beginning of this month and I was originally going to wait to propose on our anniversary on the 23rd. But I couldn't wait that long so on Sunday while she was at work (she is a chef), I woke up early and got a nice 4-course meal together (yes, cooking for a chef is risky). She loved the dinner and I'm pretty sure she almost cried during dinner cause she knew what was coming. After I proposed to her and she broke down, she says she doesn't even remember what I said or if she answered haha (she said yes about 100 times).

On top of all this we have been starting to look for a house and we just got pre-approved for a mortgage and got the green light to start putting in offers!

ANNND she was going to wait til our anniversary to give me my gift but she knows there are very few rounds of golf left in the season so she just gave it to me last night, a clicgear 3.5! I knew I chose right with this girl :clapp:

Awesome Wongstongs!!!! On a side note, having a chef for a fiance must be AWESOME :hungry:

Awesome Wongstongs!!!! On a side note, having a chef for a fiance must be AWESOME :hungry:

Oh, it is! I get to be the guinea pig for any new techniques/dishes she wants to try out, lots of great food all the time :banana:

Oh, it is! I get to be the guinea pig for any new techniques/dishes she wants to try out, lots of great food all the time :banana:

Mmmmm...so hungry...

BTW just noticed you're in Vancouver - I'm down in Bellingham, we should tee it up sometime!

Congratulations! That's a huge week.

Mmmmm...so hungry...

BTW just noticed you're in Vancouver - I'm down in Bellingham, we should tee it up sometime!

Sounds like a good idea, what courses do you usually play down there? Haven't really gone to Washington for golf too much, just shopping and boarding at Mt. Baker.

Congrats !!
May all your dinners be as happy as that one !

Congrats!

Sounds like a good idea, what courses do you usually play down there? Haven't really gone to Washington for golf too much, just shopping and boarding at Mt. Baker.

Sudden Valley G&CC and Lake Padden most often, but I've also played Shuksan and Homestead some. The last two will probably be darn near unplayable though once the rain really ramps up, they don't drain particularly well haha. Where do you play your golf up there? I'll be in town next weekend, but unfortunately not for golf :(

Speaker of Baker, I'll be there most weekends this winter with my skis as well!

Congrats

Sudden Valley G&CC and Lake Padden most often, but I've also played Shuksan and Homestead some. The last two will probably be darn near unplayable though once the rain really ramps up, they don't drain particularly well haha. Where do you play your golf up there? I'll be in town next weekend, but unfortunately not for golf :(

Speaker of Baker, I'll be there most weekends this winter with my skis as well!

I haven't played those ones, only Point Roberts and the Heron one in Blaine. There are so many courses up here around Vancouver but I usually play Riverway, Burnaby Mountain, Fraserview, Langara and Green Acres.

Congratulations!!!

Congrats

Congrats. That IS a great week!

Congrats! Cheers to many happy tears together!

How awesome is that!? Congrats man, you are one cool dude and she's just as lucky as you are! Well, maybe. That clic gear might give her the slight edge.

Congrats to you both!!!

Congrats man! That's awesome and a huge milestone in life. I think the craziest year of my life was the year that I got married and bought a house...just so much to do and take care of. Where are you looking to buy a place?

I haven't played those ones, only Point Roberts and the Heron one in Blaine. There are so many courses up here around Vancouver but I usually play Riverway, Burnaby Mountain, Fraserview, Langara and Green Acres.

Count me in boys! There really are a ton of courses here aren't there. Of the ones you've listed I've only played Burnaby Mountain.

That is all sorts of awesome right there. Congrats!!!

Congrats, that is a great day.

Back