HyperIce Review Thread

Well, here we go. I tried my hand at videoing this one, so be gentle.

Look what was waiting on me when I got home,
3112f6e2ee95d564161d6cd1b074bffe_zpsb56b4a2a.jpg

The box
d9454782c0ad1c0515aa4afd09d95fe5_zpsda08e886.jpg

Inside
3db8c812c0b52bfff2ea4fef3dd9cdb9_zps5e550706.jpg

Compression wrap
49f24cdfb0da7e552b14affa3531f389_zpse9ebf774.jpg

Ice cell
6fbed38d1a0bec28bc6baf8d01fa9881_zps70178549.jpg

A huge THANKS to THP & Hyperice for this opportunity.

Last edited:
Just filled the Ice Cell & strapped in, I may over filled it a little but here's what they look like in use.

86d727d71ffc17a71b9829441c36dbeb_zps0a5f2bcb.jpg

Glad to see the product is working. How is it compared to a bag of ice?

Glad to see the product is working. How is it compared to a bag of ice?

Personally, I find much easier than trying to find an Ace bandage, holding it in place & wrapping it around. Much better in my opinion.

First session down and many, many more to go!

I am thoroughly impressed with the product and wish so badly I had this during my rehab from ACL reconstruction surgery.

I will have a more thorough review later.

#ImWithChad

Liking what I'm hearing on this so far. Looks well made and easy to use. Looking forward to following along as you guys use these.

Mathew and RT I'm looking forward to your thoughts!

Mine will be put through the paces this week as I am playing 18 tomorrow 18 Thursday and lesson on Friday.

Mathew and RT I'm looking forward to your thoughts!

Mine will be put through the paces this week as I am playing 18 tomorrow 18 Thursday and lesson on Friday.

Certainly a grind coming up looking forward to seeing how things shape up with this.

Certainly a grind coming up looking forward to seeing how things shape up with this.

Making up for my lost summer of golf, it's gonna be interesting to see how I feel come Saturday

For those of you that have had it on your knees is it comfortable and snug enough that you can get up and walk around a bit? I hate having to just sit around the whole time while I'm icing my knees.

For those of you that have had it on your knees is it comfortable and snug enough that you can get up and walk around a bit? I hate having to just sit around the whole time while I'm icing my knees.

I'm not in on this forum review, just the frontpage, but as I said in there, that was one of my favorite parts (and was just telling Freddie this tonight also). It doesn't move while surrounding my knee and allowing me to move, I love that.

Just like Jman said, very secure and you can get up walk around with no issues.

#ImWithChad

With it filled with ice, it's a little bulky to me but I did hang out in the back yard throwing a tennis ball for our yellow lab last night wearing it. I knew it was there but was able to move around comfortably with it and can't say that it moved/slipped any. With the 3 straps, it's never completely undone so if it felt a little loose on the top, a quick adjustment is easy. One thing I did notice and think is pretty cool, is if I was up walking around I would press the air release and let a little air out. Then I would tighten it back up and keep doing whatever it was I was doing.
As I originally said in the video I liken this to the cooler/wrap combo I used after my last surgery,

The problem with this is it plugs into a wall outlet so you're either confined to a chair or however far you can stretch the cord. If you're already a little sore, I don't recommend extension cords. Again, in my opinion, the Hyperice is a much easier to use.

I could really see this being handy when I'm cleaning my clubs after a range session or round.

I'll add something else. The past few weeks, I've gone to bed with my knee throbbing and aching but after using this last night, there was no pain and even this morning it feels better.
My knee is still creaking and popping but that's a structural thing that ice just isn't going to help.

I'll add something else. The past few weeks, I've gone to bed with my knee throbbing and aching but after using this last night, there was no pain and even this morning it feels better.
My knee is still creaking and popping but that's a structural thing that ice just isn't going to help.

Mathew this is awesome to read and glad it is working for you.

Mathew this is awesome to read and glad it is working for you.

It really is. Tomorrow night is going to be a pretty good test though as I'll be in the car all day (200+ miles or so) and while not a big guy that much driving usually kills me. I'll keep updating this thread as I go forward but as of now, this thing is a 10! Freaking 10! (Varsity Blues reference)

This is pretty cool for those who need it, nice job so far. The question of which ice to use has me thinking how cool it would work with "Sonic", or pellet ice. Very little space between the cubes and gets COLD!

I haven't tried it with cubed ice I can tell that with cruched/Sonic ice, it really "molded" itself around my knee. I might try it cubed but I think an issue you might have is getting all of the air out to get a tight fit or the corners of the cubes poking you as you move around. Again, I haven't tried this but I could see it being bothersome.
I hope that answers your question.

Pretty interesting stuff so far, guys. Sounds like it's working for you guys who have some nagging ailments.

Great stuff so far guys, I am thinking about trying one to see how it works on my elbows.

3 mile run this afternoon & it's Hyperice time.
Now just chilling on the patio, enjoying a beer & icing the ol knee down.

I'm home from the range and am currently icing my shoulder down. I used ice out of the cubed trays you put in the freezer as my first test case and can say that where the cubes are I can feel the cold very nicely. The sleeve was super easy to put on by myself and is easy to move around in while still getting stuff done around the house and typing this.

Once I got the sleeve on and initially snugged up I pushed the air relief valve and Gould hear the air escaped and feel the sleeve loosen. I re-snugged it down with out any trouble at all.

Here is a pic of me with it on

azu7y6er.jpg

Edit: removed weird face pic

Jason!!! It's amazing how much a single photo can show!! Sounds like the ease of use is a real advantage.

Got a little better in use picture.

4edc81b9134a24da84a245d5a39c17c2_zps1c4978d3.jpg

Jason!!! It's amazing how much a single photo can show!! Sounds like the ease of use is a real advantage.

The ease of use is such a big deal for the shoulder since you obviously can't use both hands to put it on. The bonus of being able to move around and still get stuff done with it on it is awesome as well.

Got a little better in use picture.

4edc81b9134a24da84a245d5a39c17c2_zps1c4978d3.jpg

Matt how far around does the ice wrap around the knee?

Interesting stuff, I'd have thought they would have used a gel type substance already preloaded in the gray bag so as to avoid the sharpness or awkward positioning some larger ice cubes can have when bunched together. I hate when I get jabbed by the cubes in a bag. I had no idea they went with a system where you load the ice in yourself. If you can get crushed ice it seems like that would favor you even more with a good dispersion of the cold to your shoulder. Glad they included the air release to make your life easier when readjusting for comfort. I personally would love to see a gel system incorporated into this, maybe sell individual gel packs so you can keep one in the freezer while you ice one thing then interchange them when you go to ice another. This is all speculation though as I have not looked into this in depth. Either way I am glad this system is out there as it certainly looks to make life a lot easier to ice and still be functional. Well done so far.

The ease of use is such a big deal for the shoulder since you obviously can't use both hands to put it on. The bonus of being able to move around and still get stuff done with it on it is awesome as well.

Matt how far around does the ice wrap around the knee?

Mine went about half way around my knee but I feel I may have over filled the bag.

At work we have flat ice cubes and pellet ice so I'm taking a bag of each home tonight and icing my knees before bed. I think there will be a nice advantage to the pellet and I won't fill the bag so full.

Yesterday, I used standard ice that fridges make, not crushed. It worked out really well so for those of you with ice CUBES that ate worried, you shouldn't be.

#ImWithChad

Back