Goals for the 2014 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Play in the Morgan Cup
2. Get my handicap down to 1 or below
3. Play more tournaments with Mrs. Drumdog
4. Shoot a new personal low for 18 of 68 or less

I saw a lot of improvement this year in every aspect of the game. It really hasn't translated into much better scores, but my worst scores aren't nearly as bad. I did notice I would go through periods where my swing was an absolute mess, which was weird.

At any rate, my goal for next season is to take many more lessons in hopes of developing a more consistent full swing. The lessons I took helped immensely, but I only took a few and then the season was over before I knew it. So I plan on really working on my swing this winter with lessons and drills. Scoring wise, I'm looking to finally come down in the 80's and stay there.

Equipment wise, putting has always been a strong part of my game and I've always been a little skittish with getting fitted or taking lessons on putting because I don't want to mess anything up, but I'm ready to move forward and get fitted. Not sure what company I'll go with yet though.

Mentally, I need to get stronger, especially when travelling and playing at THP events. It pisses me off my game is always on the down side during those events and yeah it's still truly fun and everything, but it'd be a little more fun if I was playing well. That also means working on not getting as frustrated or yelling at my clubs (i.e. no more yelling at the Altitudes, calling them stupid, or yelling at my Mizzies, calling them a joke, or my fairway woods, calling them a failed experiment; I love them all and never mean any of it). So, I suppose a more zen like approach will be the goal there.

1. GIR, nuff said
2. Tee it up with some dudes from here I haven't seen in a while.

I'd like to play well at the Morgan Cup.

Obviously would like to win the Morgan Cup with my team.

Get back to keeping an index and have it not start with a "1".

9 GIR/Round

Hit everything under the sun, learn about it, share about it.

Learn more from the smart people in the industry.

Unless it is indeed, a number under 2.0!

As the 2013 season starts to close, I was curious to hear what you guys want to achieve heading into next year.

You have got me thinking now JT. I don't usually make golf goals but maybe I will give it a go for 2014.

Reading everyones goals is pretty inspiring.

My goals are:

1. Drop the Handicap to 14
2. Play in at least 2 THP events
3. Play with a bunch of THP'ers because this site and the members are golf junkies like me
4. Play wider variety of courses

1. Finally tee it up with some fellow THP members
2. Demo and select a new set of irons
3. Break 80

For 2014, want to become a good putter. I was working on it earlier this year, but got side tracked with some other, away from golf , issues . Next year, it will be my primary goal.
Next goal for next year is to attend a few more THP events. Two a year is definitely not enough.
And the final goal, get down to a single digit handicap. I believe I can achieve that one. Just need to accomplish #1.

i hope to finally recover from the injury that has prevented me from swinging a club all year and to return to at least where I was at the end of my 2012 season.

Just keep improving my game and still have a chance at getting below 20 this season which is goal from this past offseason. I have a chance to do some Winter practice at a course near my house so I will be taking advantage of that opportunity to keep improving.

I would like to get the DMV area THPers together with a couple events and hopefully next year I will be able to spend some time organizing them and often. Need to go back up to Jersey and get a round in with the guys there, man lots to do already.

Getting a membership this year so..

1) get down to scratch ( currently 4.6)
2) play more tournaments

I want to build a new swing. One without swaying and maximize my rotation. It's going to be tough I have had a sway since I was 8. I'm effective with it but I think my swing is maxed out on how low I can score with it.

Got sick (didn't know I had a problem, just knew my golf swing had totally tanked) and lost about 20 pounds or so of muscle. (That would be at least 30 yards and at least 10 mph swing speed. Ugh!) Feeling better now, and as soon as I get clearance, I want to work with a trainer to get my muscles back (I hate feeling wimpy), then get back with my golf teacher and get my swing back. This will be a process, and hopefully by next spring I'll be playing better. Somehow, I'm supposed to reduce stress in my life to avoid another flare up. I'm not quite sure yet if golf actually relieves stress or creates it, so I haven't figured out yet how to approach that piece.:act-up:

My goals for 2014 are to get to a 15hcp, apply for (and hopefully get in to) the MC, and play with as many THPers as possible.

Sub 18 handicap, play as many THP Invitationals as possible, and lead my MC team to victory!

My goals for 2014 are to play more golf then I did in 2013. I have only played 15 times or so this year.

Shoot in the 80's consistently.

Got sick (didn't know I had a problem, just knew my golf swing had totally tanked) ... This will be a process, and hopefully by next spring I'll be playing better.

Rooting for you.

List is long, and some of the goals would have a direct impact on other goals...
- qualify for GCAT national tournament
- win 3 local GCAT events (have won two each of the last two seasons)
- make it to at least one, and hopefully 2 THP events
- reduce avg putts per round to 32
- finish in top 3 of a "bigger" GCAT event
- drop overall index to near (or in) single digits
- drop tournament index to near 12
- break 80, during casual rounds, at least two times (has been 3 years since I last broke 80)
- Break 80, at least once, during a tournament round
- take at least 3 full-swing lessons
- take at least 3 putting lessons
- reduce my club stash
- go through full driver fitting
- re-do a putter fitting
- visit each of the private clubs identified as possibilities in 2013

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

In order:

1) Spend as much time as possible with my family on the golf course
2) Attend the MC or #theking
3) Handicap into single digits

I'm going to finally unleash my potential and get out of my own way.

It's time. Oh yes, it's time.

From a handicap perspective, get back to a single digit. Would like to be an 8 or better (currently at 10.2 I think).

Other than that, it depends on what event(s) I make it into (if any).

My goals are pretty simple. Play more golf and play some tournament golf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back