Taylormade Penta TP - Forum Review Thread

Crazy that they are selling them so low when they got such limited supplies.

No kidding.We received only 12 and I know 6-8 are pre sold thanks to me.

I know this is like beating a dead horse, but when were they supposed to be officially selling....and why such low quantities i wonder?

We got a notice that the products couldn't be on the shelf untill the 15th of Dec.

i bought a dozen for $45 last wed. at a Dick's. They had quite a few dozen remaining too...

I get the feeling from reading some of the reviews on this website that these may not be suitable for the amature or high handicappers.....especially those that play a hook or slice, any truth to that JB? I may just buy a dozen just to experience them.....

Last edited:
Are they going to be offering 3 ball sleeves?

I know where I will be tomorrow before work, Edwin Watts.

In this thread you will find testers thoughts from about 8 different people that got to sample these Penta Balls from THP and Taylormade Pre-Release. Each person wrote up a mini-review of sorts.

In this thread you will find testers thoughts from about 8 different people that got to sample these Penta Balls from THP and Taylormade Pre-Release. Each person wrote up a mini-review of sorts.

I know I had read in one of the reviews that if you have a bad fade or slice this ball isn't the best for you, because it isn't very forgiving.....but the 12 handicapper in YOUR review seemed to like it so........:confused2:

I just went through all 13 pages of this thread and there are quite a few thoughts from high handicappers.

IMHO, these are for most everyone. I'm a mid/high handicap, so I sometimes fade and sometimes hook. I've said it several times, and really believe, that my miss hit's just did not exaggerate like a lot of the other balls I play. It has a knack of holding the line and I don't have a clue how it does it. The times where I hit it straight it went as long as the Prov1's I like to play. Longer than the Taylormade Red's I played some this year. Add in the spin and non-ballooning and it's a keeper.

I just went through all 13 pages of this thread and there are quite a few thoughts from high handicappers.

Not trying to pick a fight, didn't have a chance to go through every page to read, all i asked was "I get the feeling from reading some of the reviews on this website that these may not be suitable for the amature or high handicappers.....especially those that play a hook or slice, any truth to that JB? "

Not trying to pick a fight, didn't have a chance to go through every page to read, all i asked was "I get the feeling from reading some of the reviews on this website that these may not be suitable for the amature or high handicappers.....especially those that play a hook or slice, any truth to that JB? "

ALl I am saying is that independent reviewers that received balls from us posted their review in this thread. I do not feel comfortable paraphrasing their words, but if you would like the info,it is in this thread.

From what I have read here and elsewhere, any golfer can benefit from this ball. Even if a golfer can not gain maximum performance off the tee, they still equal the performance of the ball they use now. If nothing else
the benefits of more spin from <100 yds is something everyone noticed no matter the handicap. thedue stated in the post I have quoted below...

IMHO, these are for most everyone. I'm a mid/high handicap, so I sometimes fade and sometimes hook. I've said it several times, and really believe, that my miss hit's just did not exaggerate like a lot of the other balls I play. It has a knack of holding the line and I don't have a clue how it does it. The times where I hit it straight it went as long as the Prov1's I like to play. Longer than the Taylormade Red's I played some this year. Add in the spin and non-ballooning and it's a keeper.

Played with 1 ball for 18 holes today and at the end of the round, the durability is great. No major scuffs or damage and considering how many wedge shots I hit, and how soft these are, that is quite shocking.

It's not very often I play 18 holes with one ball!

We are starting to see these in stores in FL now as well. Thank goodness, because my supply is about gone.

My local Golf Galaxy has them. Going to try them out next time I play or practice.

I'm still guarding my one and only with my life. I look forward to buying more for Spring.

The Golf Galaxy and Golfsmith stores havbe them here in Austin. Golf Galaxy only got in 12 dozen and put a limit of a dozen per customer.

Back