Adams A3OS vs. A7OS

madmike

Reaction score
Handicap
Been trying these out in a launch monitor at the PGA Superstore near where I work. Between the two, I'm not seeing much difference. Visually the A7OS hybrids are more compact than A3OS, but for distance and launch results they're about the same, at least within the margin of error of my swing. For the mid-hybrids the A7OS might be a touch higher launching... but hard to say- was comparing the A7OS to A3OS in graphite so could be difference in shafts.

Short irons were plain vanilla GI either way- no real preference there other than the A7OS look way better in the bag... but seem the same at set-up.

Anyone have any comments on the two?

Particularly interested in on-course experience with the mid-hybids (6,7 for A7OS and 6,7,8 for A3OS) from different lies, particularly unlevel lies. Really like them on the flat surface of the simulator, but not so sure how great they'll be on the course. In particular the A3OS mid-hybrids seem to have less sole beveling than the A7OS- did anyone who played the A3OS have playability issues with that on downhill lies?

Or does it just come down to A7OS is better looking, but more expensive now that the A3OS's are getting cleared out?

BTW- tried the A4OS's but really did NOT like the hybrids for some reason. The 65g GD shaft felt way too light to me compared to the 75g Prolaunch in the A3OS and A7OS. Just could never get comfortable with them.

I played the A3OS for 2 full seasons and loved them. High and straight and they worked really well. Extremely forgiving. This was my set before THP and I loved them.

I got to try the A7OS and am still trying them and find them to have much better feel. I also really like the hybrids a lot more. The hybrids have a more penetrating launch for me and just a nicer overall ball flight.

I did not have issues on different lies like you mention.

I have played the A3oS, A4os and just recently bought the A7os. Guess you can say I like the Adams products. The A's were my first set of realy golf clubs and I really like them for that level of my game. They were true and straight and had good feel. Never had any issues with them from any lies. A good solid stick.

I played the A4os for one year and they very good as well. I really like the long irons and loved the hybrids. I bought the A70s largely do the their incredible feel. Much softer and I could feel the ball jumping off the club face much more than the previousl two models. The weighting on the A7's was changed and this was a contributing factor to the better feel and I hit these better than the the others. I did not hit the A7 hybrids well at all and stuck with my A40s hybrids because I was just better with them. It could have been a comfort factor, but they just worked for me so there was no reason to change.

Of the three, for my game I rank them A7, A3, A4. Choosing between the two sets I would recommend the A7's because there is more technology built into them and I found them more forgiving and my distance was better. To me this game is about confidence and feel; both of which I get with I set up and swing the A7.

a7os

a7os

the a7os irons are the best full set irons/hybrids ive ever owned. (and ive had many) i always stayed with clubs like the x22 and g10 and such, 6 thru a wedge then went with different combos of fwy woods and hybrids. i hit the a7os in reg graphite 3 thru g wedge. the 6 and 7 hybrid are great as are the rest of the clubs, very consistant ballflight and gapping between clubs. this is my first set of adams clubs. i wouldnt have hit a set with that many hybrids untill i was schooled by a guy in his mid 60s i had a match with. he shoots 2 over and i shot 6 over, he had a full set of xli clevelands (all hybrids) he said why not take advantage of equipment and drop your ego. how could i argue, heres a guy over 10yrs older than me that just kicked my butt with a full set of hybrids (even PW hybrid :banghead:) so long story short, i tested and tested many sets on launch monitors and ended up with the a7os. ive played about a dozen rounds with them and like them better each time.

Amen to that JB. They are outstanding sticks.

Somebody is going to be very happy with this set of clubs.

Day 1 Winner - 12 Days Of Holiday Cheer - The Hackers Paradise

Trust me, i have an eager father in law awaiting the arrival of these. I can't wait to give them to him. Ironically, my old man was in town last week for a day and he was hitting the a7os at GolfUSA and was crushing them. He put me in a predicament for sure but in the end, the a7os are going to the father in law. He's been into golf for about a year and has a fundamental swing but terrible equipment. I'll certainly keep everyone updated on his progress with these and can't wait to share pics of him getting these for xmas.

good info

good info

man I love this forum always good info.

man I love this forum always good info.
Got to second that, that's what it's all about. Down to earth opinions on available golf equipment, not what is published on the manufacturer's websites. Had been struggling with a choice in irons this year and it came down to Adams a7O or TM Burner. I have been playing older Callaways but need a upgrade in technology for my reduced swing speed. Leaning to the a7O.........:golf2:

great clubs

great clubs

Got to second that, that's what it's all about. Down to earth opinions on available golf equipment, not what is published on the manufacturer's websites. Had been struggling with a choice in irons this year and it came down to Adams a7O or TM Burner. I have been playing older Callaways but need a upgrade in technology for my reduced swing speed. Leaning to the a7O.........:golf2:

Yeah the forum here is everyday real golfers which is great when you are trying to cut through all of the BS flooding the markets from the big companies PR machines!

As for Adams I am a HUGE fan of their irons. I put them in the bag 2 seasons ago and have never looked back. I must have test hit every iron on the market and then some. At the end of the day I just could not find another iron set that could beat the feel, look, playability, versatility of the Adams. I have 4 thru PW and there is not one club in the set that I do not pull out of the bag without complete confidence!

This is the last topic I needed!

These have caught my eye lately, and all these detailed posts with good information is not helping my willpower to play better with what I have!

Back