Cobra AMP CELL Driver & AMP CELL Pro Driver Preview

Missed only 3 fairways with the blue bomber today (10/13)

Longest drive was gps measured at 309 yards

Do you rock the stock shaft?

I've been eyeballing this driver. I'm about 100-105mph SS and I've read the stock stiff is a bit flimsy. Should I go with XS? I'm likely to buy used sight unseen so I won't get fitted for this one.

I've been eyeballing this driver. I'm about 100-105mph SS and I've read the stock stiff is a bit flimsy. Should I go with XS? I'm likely to buy used sight unseen so I won't get fitted for this one.

Check on eBay. I bought new from GolfEtail for $112.50.

Going to take my stock stiff shaft to work tomorrow and cut it down by 1"...

It really all depends on how aggressive your move to the ball is. I swing around 112mph and played the Stiff only to just recently switch to the x stiff. Completely personal preference. Worst case scenario just get the stock stiff, and if it doesnt work you could probably sell the shaft on ebay after you find an xstiff shaft (or a stiff aftermarket shaft) to replace it.

I had a Matrix White tie in my Amp Cell for a few rounds. Switched back to the stock R flex shaft and like it so much more. The White tie felt really boardy to me. Hit my driver really well Sunday.

Stock stiff shaft cut down 1" today and new Tour Velvet fitted.

Cant wait to try it out tomorrow :D

Personally I would. Then I'd look for an aftermarket on the bay.

Well after my first range session with the new driver shaft I'm not sure how I feel about it after the first range session I feel like I hit my other one better but I'm going to give it a chance it may be available though

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

After my recent frustrations with my current driver (adams 9064LS) I ordered a stiff silver amp cell off ebay for price that I couldn't pass up. Just got back from hitting a big bucket with it and must say I am impressed. Seems it might be a little shorter, hard to tell at the range but its definately not longer, but the forgiveness of this club is just insane. Even if you hit it off the heel the thing wants to go straight lol.

I'd say 80% or more were in my imaginary fairway (between 2 yardage flags) which is great for me since most of the bucket was full swing trying to kill balls. Aiming for the middle of the fairway instead of the left rough might take some getting used to lol. We'll see how it does on the course, and gps'n some shots to compare distance. But I'm not sure this thing has 300yd+ plus in it like the adams can, but if I can keep more balls in play than its a great trade off to me.

Still waiting on my adapter from Dallas Golf so that I can install this Ahina in mine. I've ordered from them before with no delays and fast shipping, but it seems that something has happened this time. The tracking info has said "Order Processed. Ready for UPS" for 3 days. Tried to call them today, but they close at 4PM and it was about 20 after when I called. Hopefully it's just a UPS snafu and it'll show up on Monday, because I'm really anxious to get this shaft in the driver to see if it behaves a bit better for me.

For fun I took out an old driver yesterday. I realized what I had with this driver. It wont be coming out again.

This continues to be the most accurate driver I have ever had. Only negative is it is 5-10 yards shorter for me than the RBZ Stage 2. Need to see if lower loft will increase distance but maintain accuracy. But I hit every fairway today. Bidding on a Cell 5/7 wood now.

Really loving the stock stiff shaft cut down by 1" #fairwayFinder

Cant say I even lost any distance either :banana:

Found my swing again. Love this driver. Still shocked that a Regular shaft gives me so much. Want to try stock stiff... Always looking for more!

Tappin' til my fingers cramp

Just got back from a practice round, and was pretty happy. Seems to be a more accurate club than my previous but definately shorter. Longest was gps at 288, however most were around 270. However I did hit more fairways than usual and for that it will stay in the bag.

For fun I took out an old driver yesterday. I realized what I had with this driver. It wont be coming out again.
Lol I did the same thing last weekend and what a mistake that was. After gaming an Amp Cell with a shaft that you like every thing else just seems unforgiving.

I picked up the blue 3/4, bombing t every time! 245 carry and straight usually ends up around 260+. Great addition I am going to pick up the 5 next

I'm not sure what it is about this driver but I love it. It's one of the easiest driver I have ever hit.

I have the 3/4 wood. Loving it so much but loving my r9 too much to give up on it. One day though maybe. Overall it's an amazing club

has anybody tried the RIP phenom 60in the amp cell? any opinions and reviews on how it performs......I can pick one up already tipped with the amp cell tip for $100 shipped. wondering if I should pull the trigger on that.

This is defiantly a driver I plan on hitting during my fitting

Oh how I miss swinging the BaCell combo...if I can only keep myself out of the swing, this is so money. Don't even have to think about it...just out there and playable. Maybe that's it...stop thinking!

Back