What's New In The Closet & Apparel Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats awesome DW. I have the Caberet pair. Dont wear them much and I am not sure why. They are excellent.

Watching the presidents cup and almost golfing in this mess today really has me pondering some wet weather pants. Surprised I've gone this long without any.

Dan, I have a pair of Sunice pants and I've been pretty happy with them. They have a little felt area at the bottom of the legs to wipe your club face off with. The pockets are nice and still give access to your inside pockets iirc. The bottom part of the leg unzips and flares out making it much easier to get them over shoes. Pretty happy with them.

I have the whole cabaret get up. Pants, shirt, hat, and shoes. The looks i get are ridicukous. People just dont get the fashion side of golf. lol
Thats awesome DW. I have the Caberet pair. Dont wear them much and I am not sure why. They are excellent.

Dan, I have a pair of Sunice pants and I've been pretty happy with them. They have a little felt area at the bottom of the legs to wipe your club face off with. The pockets are nice and still give access to your inside pockets iirc. The bottom part of the leg unzips and flares out making it much easier to get them over shoes. Pretty happy with them.

I have this same pair and they are solid. Probably my 2nd favorite pair of rain gear to Cross. Very solid and quality is there.

I'm pondering a pair of the "brilliant blue" puma golf pants...I am just struggling on what to wear with it if I do go that route

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

After getting soaked the last 2 scrambles I'll be finding new rain gear soon...

Our golf course logo shirt. In Salmon color.

After getting soaked the last 2 scrambles I'll be finding new rain gear soon...

Playing golf while being soaked isn't always the funnest thing ever. I'm not wanting to drop cash on rain gear right now but after today I think it might be time.

Playing golf while being soaked isn't always the funnest thing ever. I'm not wanting to drop cash on rain gear right now but after today I think it might be time.

You mean sometimes it is? hehehe

I hate playing in the rain.

What's New In The Closet & Apparel Pondering

I'm pondering a pair of the "brilliant blue" puma golf pants...I am just struggling on what to wear with it if I do go that route

I just bought a pair. They are great. Have a couple orange shirts and other brilliant blue shirts that match really well.

Last edited:

I'm considering picking these up......anyone have them? If so how do you like them?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

I'm big on the Fila Sport shirts from Kohls. They're lightweight polyester with a nice fit and you can't beat the price. They have some 1/4 zip running pullovers that work great on the course for chilly days. Just picked up 5 polos and 3 pullovers for $105 after a 20% off coupon code and some Kohl's Cash!

I know there isn't a whole lot of Foot Joy love on THP, but I had to throw out that the pair of contour casuals I picked up a few weeks ago are some of the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn bar none. I even wore them to the office on Friday. I think if I ever splurged on shoes, it might be on some custom casuals a la My Joys.....

From a pure performance standpoint, it does not feel like a traditional golf shoe and unless you really lace them up tight your feet might move a little bit within the shoe during the swing (the cleats will still hold).

Another thought: Any recommendations on a good looking wrinkle free polo?

I need to pick up an warm under shirt or two! UA? nike? or should i consider something else entirely?

I need to pick up an warm under shirt or two! UA? nike? or should i consider something else entirely?

Both companies make good stuff. If you get one of the more form-fitting versions, then make sure you try it on and you don't feel that it tightens up your swing too much.

Champion on makes a thermal fitted shirt that I typically use for running but will also use as a base layer on the golf course when it's really cold. The shirt keeps you really warm, like the UA cold gear.

I also have similar shirts from nike and UA. They all perform about the same, but the Champion shirt is noticeably cheaper. If I remember correctly, you can find them at Target.

Thanks for the advice fellas. I will swing by target when I head out

I have the UA ColdGear Golf mock turtle neck, I have great success with it. I will usually wear that and my polo of choice with thermal underwear under my pant of choice and I'm good to roll in the cold.

I have the UA ColdGear Golf mock turtle neck, I have great success with it. I will usually wear that and my polo of choice with thermal underwear under my pant of choice and I'm good to roll in the cold.

Thanks I picked up some of the champion shirts and am gonna give them a go since I got 3 for the price of one UA or Nike.

Thanks I picked up some of the champion shirts and am gonna give them a go since I got 3 for the price of one UA or Nike.

Will be interested in hearing your results.

picked up a new Oakley golf shirt (my first one) at the pro shop yesterday. ready to see how I like it compared to my normal Nike or adidas shirts.

Yep. It's been a while since I've purchased them, but that's what I remember the pricing to be.

I find that they really keep me warm as well. I actually won't break those out unless it's about 40 or less because I will get too hot otherwise.

Izod is having a 30% off sale this weekend (if you search online I suspect you can find the coupon). The outlet store is honoring the coupon as well. I bought three pairs of pants and two golf shirts for about $75. (Should be noted that one of the shirts was on clearance.)

Sometimes.... fashion in golf is all about having fun with it. Particularly at my Home Course.

999808_10151570938143401_2028774210_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back