Cobra Baffler XL Irons Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The set will come with 4, 5 and 6 being hybrids and 7 through GW being irons.

Low profile design with low center of gravity to assist in getting the ball up faster. The 360 degree undercut cavity adds forgiveness laterally across the face and can assist in more flex to increase ball speed and distance.

Baffler_Irons_7i_Hero.jpg

COBRA Golf is continuing to make golf easier. Easy to hit it far, easy to hit it straight and, most importantly, easy to enjoy the game. The new Baffler[SUP]®[/SUP] XL Irons feature an oversized face with moderate offset design that yields a forgiving, draw-biased ball flight. The slightly lower profile shape for low CG, delivers easy up off of any lie. The Combo Set features the easy to hit irons as well as the high MOI designed Baffler XL Hybrids for higher, longer ball flight which makes long approach shots easy.

“The Baffler XL Combo Set is going to be extremely popular among game improvement seeking players,” commented Jose Miraflor, Director of Product Marketing. “The technology and design work that went into the Baffler XL Combo Set truly delivers a maximum game improving set that will make it easier to hit the ball, easier to hit the ball far and easier to hit the ball straight.”

Using inspiration from the original Baffler (first launched more than 40 years ago) the Baffler XL Combo Set features a wide railed sole with more pronounced rails and a beveled leading edge. These design elements make them easy to hit from any lie.

The oversized and traditionally shaped design gives golfers confidence at address while providing extreme forgiveness, lower CG and higher launch. The progressive offset design gives golfers easy slice correction even into the longer irons. A deep undercut delivers a large free floating face that generates ball speed for longer explosive shots. The undercutting technique allowed engineers to create a high MOI design for consistency.

The Baffler XL product line is named for the 40[SUP]th[/SUP] anniversary of the Baffler and features a sophisticated Legion Blue cosmetic that is found throughout the line including the Baffler XL Driver, Fairways and Hybrids. An offset design throughout the set will help correct slices, pronounced rails on fairways, hybrids and irons makes it easy to get the ball in the air and high MOI makes the Baffler XL product line extremely forgiving.

Last edited:
This offering is right up my alley. Looking forward to see how they compare against the 2013 Baffler irons.

It will be interesting to see how these compare to the current Baffler offering and if the hybrids are the only option.

These could be great for someone who needs a little forgiveness at the bottom and who want to launch the ball me thinks. Can't wait to see some in hands!

I like the look of these. Last years model had a nice flight but the shape of them was awkward for me at set-up. I'll be interested to check these out in person.

Normally not a fan of SGI irons, but these look nice.

It has been awhile since I've hit a Cobra iron. But, these look intriguing. I'm not sure about the hybrids on the top end though.

These and the new Baffler driver look very easy to hit.

Looking forward to the other 2014 irons Cobra will be offering.

I know this sounds lame, but since I'm planning on a new set this year, there is one trend I'm really happy about - more blue in the designs. Of course, that means I have more clubs to chose from ... doh!

Those are pretty sharp looking. Sounds like some good tech put into helping with forgiveness on mis-hits. Interesting for sure.

Would love to see some in hand shots. Looks like a nice SGI offering that can get the ball up quickly with loads of forgiveness....I'm liking the look of the cavity more than their previous Baffler iron as well.

Looks aren't bad, cant say Ive tried the baffler line out before

Two things I hope are different from the 2013 line - head shape and weight. The last ones felt crazy light to me and had a really unappealing look face-on. These look to be improved in the looks department from the pic though.

I am really looking forward to seeing some of the SGI offerings this next year, my wife could use a new set and these look right up her alley.

Big strides for this line compared to last year.

These look sooo much better than last years model

I think that's an area of the market that needs to see improvements on irons. The Bafflers last year seem unfinished, as in, great idea but it just wasnt all there.

Glad to see Cobra making improvements there.

These are pretty good looking irons, will have to find some in store when they are released to hit

These do look nice, 2013 baffler set had a strange shape to it, and the number position on the toe wasn't cool. This looks much better.

Just found this, wow
baff1.JPG

Will be intrested to see the specs and pricing info on these. For years I was pro Cobra and just gave up my set to my son.

They look good, definitely better looking than last years. Cobra has got some really good club designers at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back