Electronics Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, my wife just showed me an electronic device call a FITBIT One. It is an activity monitor. Monitor your activity anywhere any time including while sleeping.
Anyone know anything about this. She wants one for Christmas.
Kelly
I have been using the fitbit products since January of this year, having had the Ultra originally, then the One, and then the Flex wristband. I find the One to be the best of the bunch, as the screen is easy to read and track progress on, can be wirelessly synced with your phone, and the battery life is excellent.

I have the FitBit Zip and use it daily. Uses Bluetooth to sync with my phone and auto tracks: steps, calories burned, miles walked/ran, etc.

Cool little device thus far.

They recently installed a 70"LED in my office at work. I am pondering how I manage to convince my wife to get one for the house.

They recently installed a 70"LED in my office at work. I am pondering how I manage to convince my wife to get one for the house.

We want to get a 70" TV so bad! Can't quite justify it. Yet.

I've used to Nike Fuelband and the Fitbit Flex. Wish the Flex had a screen on it like the fuelband does, but I have been impressed by it so far.

It took convincing to get my wife to approve our 55". It will likely be years before she'd be ok with a 70" or 80". ?

Tapatalk: Gently Tapped like a downhill three-footer.

As soon as they quit being the most innovative I am sure they will. I dont think any company has come out with the innovations this one has outside of maybe Google in the tech sector the last decade.

Innovating what? The stuff they (Samsung) have innovated over the past few years has all been tech that's been here for years. They just started slapping it haphazardly into phones and that's why it doesn't work half of the time. And as for their gestures... I'm good. Every one of them are turned off on my device. And every reviewer that seems to ever get their phones for a review makes quick note that they do the same thing after a day or two of getting frustrated with how poorly they (the air gestures) perform.

Edit : Removed part of post because it was inconsequential to the argument at hand.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

Innovating what? The stuff they (Samsung) have innovated over the past few years has all been tech that's been here for years. They just started slapping it haphazardly into phones and that's why it doesn't work half of the time. And as for their gestures... I'm good. Every one of them are turned off on my device. And every reviewer that seems to ever get their phones for a review makes quick note that they do the same thing after a day or two of getting frustrated with how poorly they (the air gestures) perform.

Edit : Removed part of post because it was inconsequential to the argument at hand.

Just because you do not use or like a feature does not make it less innovative.

One needs not look further than their TV division and screen division to see why they are the market leaders and most innovative.

Electronics Pondering

I need a tablet of some sort. It's getting down to the point where it's a must with travel and such.

And no, it won't be a damn iPad.

I need a tablet of some sort. It's getting down to the point where it's a must with travel and such.

Dang I was going to recommend the iPad. I have that as well as a nexus I got for getting google fiber and I much prefer the iPad

Why not?

When it comes to tablets iPad Is the clear front runner.

Just because you do not use or like a feature does not make it less innovative.

One needs not look further than their TV division and screen division to see why they are the market leaders and most innovative.

I'll agree there. Their screens are nice. They're really THE reason that I have the S4.

not gonna start a fan war here with you WAR EAGLE each to their own , there are three Nexus tablets in the household , and one IPAD and the owner of the IPAD wants a Nexus because you can put what you want on it and not have to fight all the Apple stuff , I like the IPAD but personally cant be doing with Apples restrictions ..each to their own though:angel:

Why not?

When it comes to tablets iPad Is the clear front runner.

Because I really dislike my wife's. I really honestly do.

I'm honestly thinking something like a Surface.

not gonna start a fan war here with you WAR EAGLE each to their own , there are three Nexus tablets in the household , and one IPAD and the owner of the IPAD wants a Nexus because you can put what you want on it and not have to fight all the Apple stuff , I like the IPAD but personally cant be doing with Apples restrictions ..each to their own though:angel:
Lol @ "fan war" Must be one of the most epic skims in the history of threads if you think I am an Apple Fanboy.

However, when it comes to Tablets, iPad dominates the market. For the casual user, NONE of the Android tablets can match what the iPad offers, in terms of apps/usability/media consumption.

Apples "restrictions" can be a pain, but it takes all of 30 seconds to bypass that. For example, I purchased the sd card reader for iPad yesterday, as I wanted to load a bunch of movies on it for my daughter for an upcoming road trip. I loaded the movies on to the SD Card, plugged in the SD card dongle to the port on the iPad, instantly had the movies available to watch. 64gb of media storage added.

Because I really dislike my wife's. I really honestly do.

I'm honestly thinking something like a Surface.
Oh God....No, just absolutely NO.

Dude, we need to have a chat.

Jman, we are a two tablet household. Surface and iPad. For web browsing, THPing and such, the iPad is the clear cut winner. Tapatalk is not on the Surface, but the website works fine from the desktop view. Where it lacks is connectivity. Having that USB port on the Surface works incredibly well. Being able to drag and drop things to it such as media works incredibly well. Its the major iPad shortcoming for users like us because having to do everything through iTunes just absolutely sucks.

As someone that has a Surface, I disagree pretty strongly. We like it.

Jman, we are a two tablet household. Surface and iPad. For web browsing, THPing and such, the iPad is the clear cut winner. Tapatalk is not on the Surface, but the website works fine from the desktop view. Where it lacks is connectivity. Having that USB port on the Surface works incredibly well. Being able to drag and drop things to it such as media works incredibly well. Its the major iPad shortcoming for users like us because having to do everything through iTunes just absolutely sucks.
That's where having options comes in though. I have been using SyncIOS the past few weeks, and really like it. I currently do not have iTunes installed on my computer, and have found that using this 3rd party app to "drag and drop" makes it incredibly seamless.

But that is a paid app I believe.
Surface costs less and does it right out of the box.
It is definitely not a device for everybody, but for some like us, where Office is a premium and USB connectivity is important, it works quite well.

Lol @ "fan war" Must be one of the most epic skims in the history of threads if you think I am an Apple Fanboy.

However, when it comes to Tablets, iPad dominates the market. For the casual user, NONE of the Android tablets can match what the iPad offers, in terms of apps/usability/media consumption.

Apples "restrictions" can be a pain, but it takes all of 30 seconds to bypass that. For example, I purchased the sd card reader for iPad yesterday, as I wanted to load a bunch of movies on it for my daughter for an upcoming road trip. I loaded the movies on to the SD Card, plugged in the SD card dongle to the port on the iPad, instantly had the movies available to watch. 64gb of media storage added.

It was an EPIC skim lol , sorry ...I know for a basic user the ipad is simple and intuative , but for those of us that want a little more freedom I prefer the Android enviroment.....including phones . My wife has just gone to an Iphone and updated to IOS7 ...after explaining it doesnt now make her phone waterproof...all I have heard is ..hate this new version , why didnt I keep my HTC...and muffled curses...LOL..I sit there and look vaguely smug with my S3. I actually have 1 Tb portable USb hardrive with films and Tv shows on for trips for the kids and can literally plug it into the Nexus and load them what they want. I am embracing my inner geek

That's where having options comes in though. I have been using SyncIOS the past few weeks, and really like it. I currently do not have iTunes installed on my computer, and have found that using this 3rd party app to "drag and drop" makes it incredibly seamless.

I have been using Media Monkey for this sort of thing , works well and Itunes just drives me nuts , as there are a couple of ipods in the house as well as some generic mp3 players it just makes it easier to have one piece of software for moving music and pics etc...there is always a way round ITUNES :banghead:

But that is a paid app I believe.
Surface costs less and does it right out of the box.
It is definitely not a device for everybody, but for some like us, where Office is a premium and USB connectivity is important, it works quite well.
It has it's pluses, for sure. But, if I needed Office applications and USB connectivity, I would use my laptop...that's why I have that.

Everyone has a different use for a tablet, for me, it's media consumption, web browsing and apps. If I needed to create a spreadsheet, I wouldnt waste my time using my tablet, I would use the PC. While the surface is a nice "transitional" device between the tablet world and the PC world, I believe the features of Windows OS on it are severely lacking.

That I agree with. If I was using my tablet for strictly media consumption, the Surface would not be the choice I would make. Hence the reason we have two. When it comes to writing, Office and other things that we use it for, the Surface is quite good. In fact it does a lot of things better than the iPad we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back