T2GRN18 is a great guy

Nebgolfer

Reaction score
Handicap
#GolfIsFun
Not long after joining THP, I started reading all about SeeMore putters, and learning why so many people here have a near obsession with hiding the red dot. I drank the KoolAid, and started looking into these amazing putters, and found the style that most fit my eye to be the FGP mallet style (FGP Mallet, PTM3, FGP2). I was to the point of asking for one for Christmas, but didn't want to buy it without testing it out first. I made the hour-long trip up to the nearest retailer listed on the SeeMore website, only to find out that they don't actually carry SeeMore putters. I was a little irritated, and posted a rant about it in the rant thread, only to get a PM from T2GRN18 saying he has an FGP mallet just sitting around that he doesn't use, and asked for my address and he'd ship it to me to try out.

I gave him my address and kept asking how much he wanted for it, but he just kept telling me to try it out and we'd work out a price later. Now I'm thinking he wants to get me hooked like a SeeMore junkie and then he's going to ask for $$$ after he knows I can't say no, but that isn't what happened. I finally got out tonight and tried it out (and fell in love with it), and told him about how much I liked it, and he responds saying it's mine and he doesn't want any money for it. As much as I protested, at least asking to pay the shipping, he just said he was happy to do it, and to use the money to do something nice for my family.

This really shouldn't surprise me, since I hear about these kinds of things on THP a lot, and THPers are truly the most generous and caring people on earth, but it was still one of the nicest things anyone has ever done for me, and I wanted everyone to know just what kind of a guy Kevin is. Once again a THPer doing something that you don't see anywhere else, and validating that THP is the best community there is! Thank you so much, Kevin!

Kevin is good people...this doesnt surprise me one bit

Great choice in SeeMore putters right there! Well done Kevin, he's such a good dude. Very big heart!

That is awesome. Good on you T2GRN18. Always very cool to see the love shared here between THPers. Such an amazing place with amazing people.

It's all good buddy, it's what we do here. Just pay it forward if it goes cold or your ready to mix up the stable.

What a great gesture, that's what makes this place so awesome! Everyone cares more about the other guy than trying to take advantage of any situation. People can really learn something from guys like Kev.

(Golf clap)

How awesome. Thumbs up. Ths generosity here goes above and beyond one would expect from an online forum.

Very nice gesture. Kevin is class act

That is a great story. Good karma will be heading your way.

WTG Kevin

Kevin is one of my favorite people ever. As good as they come. Way to go buddy!!

Kevin rocks, great guy all around.

Great job! Kevin is a really great dude I am thankful that I had the pleasure of playing a round with him

Kevin is one of the nicest people you will ever meet, so it doesn't surprise me to read this. Glad you could experience that and I hope you like the putter!

Not shocking in the least. Kevin is as solid as it gets. Just a top notch guy.

That's so awesome. Way to go Kevin!

Nice job Kevin!

Kevin is good folks, well done my friend, well done.

Kevin is the real deal and I'm not surprised one bit by his generosity. :clapp: First Class Guy to say the least.

No surprise there, he is top notch!!! I love hearing stories like these, it's what makes THP awesome!!!

Boy am I embarrassed. In my excitement and haste to type up a post thanking Kevin, I forgot to include the fact that he also sent along a 2011 THP poker chip and a SeeMore triangulator in the package. Just so much awesome in a single package, I can't thank you enough, Kevin.

Kevin is solid for sure. Lucky to call him a friend.

Back