Ping S55 Irons - Forum Testing Signup

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. What irons are you currently playing? Ping i10/S57 combo set
2. What is your natural shot shape with irons? High ball flight, slight fade
3. What shaft and shaft flex is in your irons? KBS Stiff, soft stepped once
4. What length and lie do you play in your irons? Std. length, Blue Dot, one degree strong

Detailed specs are from a Ping fitting a month ago with the S56 anticipating ordering some S55's but a pending adoption has expenditures on hold. At least the club membership was not on the cutting block!!

So, being that I was out of the state at an event I've been a bit cluggish hopping in here, and I want to apologize for that.

With that said, this is an exciting one for me and I really cannot wait to see who will be joining me in here!

If you need me to swing a set Jman...id love to join you on this testing journey.

Don't think I'll throw my name in the hat for this one. The irons look awesome but I just don't think I can do these justice with a testing. I've really been struggling trying to flight my irons and I can only work the ball one way right now. I know THP doesn't necessarily care, but I do.
Really looking forward to some solid feedback on these!

I'd really really like to join you on this one. These clubs look good and will perform!

Great opportunity here from Ping and THP! I think these irons are a little above my pay grade, it will be interesting to see what the testers think.

Currently playing: Titleist 962B 4-PW
Shot Shape: Dead straight with a rising penetrating flight
Shaft & Flex: Dynamic Gold Stiff Flex
Length & Lie: Standard for both.

Just hit a prototype at the golf shop and out of 6 total sets, these were the clear winner. I wanna play them more! (and on a course!)

1. What irons are you currently playing?--Taylormade Tour prefered MC's
2. What is your natural shot shape with irons?-Fade
3. What shaft and shaft flex is in your irons?--Dynamic golf S300
4. What length and lie do you play in your irons?--Standard

Thank you Ping and THP!

1. What irons are you currently playing? Mizuno mp-57
2. What is your natural shot shape with irons? Fade
3. What shaft and shaft flex is in your irons? Dynamic gold s300 stiff flex
4. What length and lie do you play in your irons? Regular length and lie

1. What irons are you currently playing? Turbo Power XPI-22, but have been experimenting on-course with the 2013 Callaway X Forged.
2. What is your natural shot shape with irons? A slight draw.
3. What shaft and shaft flex is in your irons? Project X PXi 6.0.
4. What length and lie do you play in your irons? I play standard length, 1* flat.

Man, how did I miss this page! Huge thanks to THP and :ping: for letting us put the latest and greatest through their paces!

1. What irons are you currently playing? Currently I play the TaylorMade Burner 2.0. Since I got them I have cut my handicap in half and my ponder has been towards a more "players" iron, such as these.

2. What is your natural shot shape with irons? My natural shot shape is straight with a tiny fade. I like to mix it up and will play both a fade and draw as
necessary.

3. What shaft and shaft flex is in your irons? My irons have the stock stiff Burner shaft. I have been fit for the PX6.0 and KBS Tours, just would prefer to upgrade into a different head as well.

4. What length and lie do you play in your irons? I play the standard length/lie, but feel that a new fitting would likely tweak that.

Last edited:
With all the pondering going on for these, figured this could use a bump. Great opportunity for THP'ers. Thank you again Ping.

With all the pondering going on for these, figured this could use a bump. Great opportunity for THP'ers. Thank you again Ping.

Seriously. Prettiest Ping sticks I've seen in eons. I'd love to take these for a spin - they would be comparable to my CMB's I would think, but it would be really interested to see the forgiveness difference since they've been touting extra forgiveness with these vs. the S56.

THP is always taking care of us. Can't wait to hear more feedback on these

1. What irons are your currently playing? Callaway Razr x forged muscleback 3-PW
2. What is your natural shot shape with these irons? I'm most comfortable playing a small cut, but can work the ball either way when needed.
3. What shaft and flex are in your irons? I play the KBS C-taper 130g extra stiff shafts.
4. What length and lie do you play? I play standard length and 1* upright in my irons.

Thanks for the opportunity THP!

I can't wait to see what comes out of this testing. These irons are really intriguing. They look awesome and if Ping's claims are true, they should perform as good as they look.

The more I look at these, the more I like them. The simple look intrigues me.

1. What irons are you currently playing? Adams Idea Tech CB3
2. What is your natural shot shape with irons? Draw
3. What shaft and shaft flex is in your irons? KBS Tour/ STIFF
4. What length and lie do you play in your irons? Stnd Length, Stnd lie.

Thanks PING and THP for the opportunities that you always provide.

WOW....Thanks to THP and to :ping: for this great opportunity!

1. What irons are you currently playing? Bridgestone J40 DPC's
2. What is your natural shot shape with irons? Draw or a pull
3. What shaft and shaft flex is in your irons? Aerotech Steelfibers i95 constant weight Regular Flex (steel shafts I would play stiff)
4. What length and lie do you play in your irons? Standard lie/ 1* Upright

Thanks again for this incredible opportunity!

These just look flat out fun to hit

These sticks look gorgeous. Can't wait to hit them, whether it be testing, or in a store.

1. What irons are you currently playing?
Callaway x hot pro 4-pw
2. What is your natural shot shape with irons? Straight or a slight fade or draw usually able to work the ball more now with a medium trajectory
3. What shaft and shaft flex is in your irons?
PXi in stiff flex
4. What length and lie do you play in your irons?
Standard length and lie for me on my irons.

Thanks to ping and Thp for this testing opportunity these are some really good looking irons and I'm hoping they are even better than the i20s which were a great set of irons. Looking forward to reading some feedback.

1. What irons are you currently playing?

Hogan Apex Edge Pro

2. What is your natural shot shape with irons?

Straight

3. What shaft and shaft flex is in your irons?

Grafalloy Attacklite R-flex

4. What length and lie do you play in your irons?

Standard length, 1* up

Great opportunity Ping and THP - thanx

1. What irons are you currently playing? Taylormade Burner 2.0 C
2. What is your natural shot shape with irons? Small Draw
3. What shaft and shaft flex is in your irons? True Temper Dynamic Gold Stiff
4. What length and lie do you play in your irons? Standard Length and Standard Lie

I haven't gamed any Ping clubs since the G2 driver that I bought in high school.

Wow thanks so much for the opportunity!

1. What irons are you currently playing? Titleist AP2
2. What is your natural shot shape with irons? Slight Fade
3. What shaft and shaft flex is in your irons? Project X 6.0
4. What length and lie do you play in your irons? Standard length and 1* upright lie.

Would love to test these out for THP!
1. What irons are you currently playing? Ping i20's
2. What is your natural shot shape with irons? Fade
3. What shaft and shaft flex is in your irons? Graphite Regular flex
4. What length and lie do you play in your irons? Std length, Upright +.75 (Blue Dot - Ping)

Awesome THP, I would love to participate in this testing.

1. What irons are you currently playing? Cleveland CG16 with stock regular flex graphite shafts, got these when I joined my high school golf team, would probably play stiff steel now.
2. What is your natural shot shape with irons? Draw
3. What shaft and shaft flex is in your irons? Regular flex stock graphite shafts
4. What length and lie do you play in your irons? Got these with stock length and lie

Thanks for giving us all the great opportunity to possibly try these babies out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back