Deal to beat all deals!

Sox_Fan

Go Sox!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Cold Temps
Just bought a MINT * TaylorMade R1 Black Driver Fubuki Alpha X5ct 60 STIFF + HC from the bay for $2.99 with free shipping! Can't wait to see how quickly the seller backtracks on that sale!

I'm waiting to hear how this one goes. Seems to good to be true, but hope not.

It is and obviously the seller has not seen it yet because I haven't received a backtrack message.

What he failed to say is it's the 1:20 scale model. Hope this ends up being the deal you hope, if it's legit then I agree it was a steal!

Wow... I need to frequent e-bay more often hah.

What he failed to say is it's the 1:20 scale model. Hope this ends up being the deal you hope, if it's legit then I agree it was a steal!

Haha! That would suck. I'm sure he intended to list it at $299.00 but screwed up the decimal places. I just happened on it when I was looking at what they were going for on Ebay vs. what one in the THP market place was listed for. And when I clicked on it, it said 2 other people had watched it. Why would you watch a driver that currently lists for $249 new that is listed for BIN for $2.99???

Was there a reserve on it? If not, he'll have to honor it, or be banned from E-bay.

No reserve. It was a buy it now for $2.99 with free Priority Mail shipping!

That's just crazy SF, I hope he honors it but you really can't blame him if he doesn't.

The guy refunded my $2.99 and basically called me an idiot for thinking someone would sell the club for that price. Should I pursue the transaction further through Ebay or just forget about it?

The guy refunded my $2.99 and basically called me an idiot for thinking someone would sell the club for that price. Should I pursue the transaction further through Ebay or just forget about it?

Pursue it and at least leave negative feedback...hes an idiot for the low starting bid or lack of reserve

Deal to beat all deals!

If he'd apologized and not been the a$$hat it sounds like he was, I would've let it slide. Since he didn't, I say go for it and notify eBay.

That was my thought as well. Here is how he put it: "Why would you even think someone would sell this item for 2.99"

Pursue it. It's an official contract and he now breached it. Generally, he's on the hook for either selling it to you for that price or paying you the difference in buying a replacement. I'd report it to e bay immediately, especially since he handled it poorly.

Taps away

That was my thought as well. Here is how he put it: "Why would you even think someone would sell this item for 2.99"

Go for it! I don't even like him either.

I was in a situation that was kind of like that (not as big of a price gap) and the dude profusely apologized to me and said he would still send me the camera I had won but wanted to know if he could just refund me. I felt bad and said a refund was fine. If he was a jerk like this dude seems to be I would pursue it just based on principal.

Answer: "cause someone listed it for that price".... "Duh"

Pursue it. It's an official contract and he now breached it. Generally, he's on the hook for either selling it to you for that price or paying you the difference in buying a replacement. I'd report it to e bay immediately, especially since he handled it poorly.

Taps away

This guy knows what he's talking about. eBay creates binding contracts. I'd contact ebay.

Answer: "cause someone listed it for that price".... "Duh"

Agreed.

I think I would've had to reply "Why would you think someone wouldn't buy that item at 2.99?"

This guy knows what he's talking about. eBay creates binding contracts. I'd contact ebay.

Magic 8-ball for the seller says: outcome looks bleak

haha if you were to reply "because some idiot listed it for that price" you'd be my Friday night eBay hero.

What a fail troll. He's probably beating himself right now.

haha if you were to reply "because some idiot listed it for that price" you'd be my Friday night eBay hero.

I am going to do that just for you Dan! Always wanted to be your hero! hahaha

Guys probably just angry at himself for making such a mistake. I couldn't in good conscious take advantage of him though. He made a mistake, but the right thing to do is allow the refund.

Since he is mathematically challenged, you still may get a 299.99 refund. He clearly struggles with decimal placement. Rightly so, my daughter had a hard time with that one somewhere around the 3rd grade or so.

Back