Bridgestone J40 Dual Pocket Cavity Iron Review Thread

Still seeing a pull hook with the longer irons....I am deadly from 130 in...but further than that and I start over drawing the ball...gonna work hard on it this weekend...it's gotta be something I'm doing.

Hit a PW today from 105 and put a little Stricker "no wrist cock" move on it...low trajectory one hop and spun back 4 feet...it was awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still seeing a pull hook with the longer irons....I am deadly from 130 in...but further than that and I start over drawing the ball...gonna work hard on it this weekend...it's gotta be something I'm doing.

Hit a PW today from 105 and put a little Stricker "no wrist cock" move on it...low trajectory one hop and spun back 4 feet...it was awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am having issues with the shots from 85-115 with these clubs and also wedges. Maybe in our practice rounds you can help me from 115 in and I can help you from 130 out... LOL

I hate you all so much for making me want these irons so much. All your positive comments. All your amazing reviews. Now that I've used them I cleaned up my old clubs and listed them for sale.

Where do you want the ball to land? Which way do you want the ball to turn? I can do whatever I want, and its all your fault.

I hate you all so much for making me want these irons so much. All your positive comments. All your amazing reviews. Now that I've used them I cleaned up my old clubs and listed them for sale.

Where do you want the ball to land? Which way do you want the ball to turn? I can do whatever I want, and its all your fault.

Welcome to the club, we will have to compare notes at Bella Collina.

I am in love with these things. The only bright spots of my round today were my irons and j40 wedges. A draw has replaced a fade as my typical shot shape. It's glorious, even though starting out aiming a little too the right is taking some getting used to, hung a few out to the left.

I am demoing these irons, both the DPC's and the Cavity Back. They sent me X100s and KBS Tour X's. The KBS has great numbers for me overall and feels the best. I currently play KBS C-Tapers S+ and want something just slightly heavier.

My only gripe right now is feel isn't as cushy soft as my C-Tapers and wondering if its the shaft? I also am not sure what I think of the bigger club head on the 9 iron compared to what I have now. The CB is a little smaller more familiar head to me, but I don't have it in the KBS shaft and don't like the PX 6.5 in it or the x100.

Sooooooo

There will be a few sets of these floating around this weekend. I havent hit one since the MC and im looking forward again to hitting a few and seeing just how much I miss them.

Plus I plan on comparing them to quite a few other sets out there, just dont tell the people who's bags I'll be raiding.

Sooooooo

There will be a few sets of these floating around this weekend. I havent hit one since the MC and im looking forward again to hitting a few and seeing just how much I miss them.

Plus I plan on comparing them to quite a few other sets out there, just dont tell the people who's bags I'll be raiding.

Just take what you want. I'll help you out

Sooooooo

Going on their 3rd year and STILL one of the best irons out there IMO. I miss my sets often.

I have been swinging these in the garage in my practice area and seeing some initial signs that the heavier shafts may be good for me - seems really easy to keep the club on plane and really easy to square it up at impact...more so than with the R/Bladez' 85g shafts. This is totally new to me, so I'm intrigued. I'm taking these to the range today and am really interested to see how they play for me. Also, I've got a deal lined up with a THPr to get the KBS Tour 90's from War's (I think) old set, and plan to install them myself in the next couple of weeks. On top of all that, my first venture into the realm of players clubs has me really liking the thinner top line and smaller overall profile...I used to pooh-pooh such talk, but the shoe is now on the other foot.

I have been swinging these in the garage in my practice area and seeing some initial signs that the heavier shafts may be good for me - seems really easy to keep the club on plane and really easy to square it up at impact...more so than with the R/Bladez' 85g shafts. This is totally new to me, so I'm intrigued. I'm taking these to the range today and am really interested to see how they play for me. Also, I've got a deal lined up with a THPr to get the KBS Tour 90's from War's (I think) old set, and plan to install them myself in the next couple of weeks. On top of all that, my first venture into the realm of players clubs has me really liking the thinner top line and smaller overall profile...I used to pooh-pooh such talk, but the shoe is now on the other foot.

DPC+Tour 90's are just filthy good

Going on their 3rd year and STILL one of the best irons out there IMO. I miss my sets often.

Im an idiot, I know

DPC+Tour 90's are just filthy good

I will say that it is hard to give up the Bladez easy extra distance. I am thinking this may turn into a distance vs. accuracy decision, and for as much as I love that extra distance my game really needs more GIRs.

There's something to be said for liking what you're looking at. Biggest thing I've found to be careful on with thinner soled irons is that fat shots are no bueno AT ALL. Being in OR you will definitely notice the difference with the soft fall/winter turf. I'm used to it since I've always played a smaller head, but it may be a significant transition for you coming from RBladez.

I will say that it is hard to give up the Bladez easy extra distance. I am thinking this may turn into a distance vs. accuracy decision, and for as much as I love that extra distance my game really needs more GIRs.

The accuracy and the feel will be worth it. And ive tinkered with both sets this year too

5-PW with PXi 6.0's will be available to anyone who wants to hit them . I've really started to get consistent with these things and I don't know if I'll ever change from them.

I am seriously considering unloading mine....when I am on, I hit them REALLY well.....but I think I need something with a little more forgiveness

I am seriously considering unloading mine....when I am on, I hit them REALLY well.....but I think I need something with a little more forgiveness

I'd be tempted to trade you out of curiosity regarding the Aerotechs, but my irons definitely wouldn't help in the forgiveness department haha

My first range session is in the books. It is a small sample size but they were really nice. I liked the PX 5.5s a lot more than I was expecting. Dispersion was pretty tight and they were pretty forgiving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Like some r9's with kbs shafts??

Great irons, the bout of shanks I had are a distant memory.

I had two range sessions with these today. Wow.

I have really not gotten along with PX hybrid and wood shaft offerings in other OEM products so I really expected to not like the 5.5s in the DPCs. Holy cow, that is so not the case. The shafts are advertised as mid launch and I see that in the mid irons but from 8i down these have a much higher trajectory than I expected. I'm really surprised by how comfortable I am with the heavier shafts, too. It feels really easy to control the shaft and stay in plane. I know this is old hat for many of you but it is a first for me and an eye opening experience.

My dispersion was really nice and tight. From the afternoon session I pull hooked maybe 5% and block pushed about 1% and everything else was straight to baby draw. The misses weren't that bad. Beautiful.

I thought I was seeing similar distances from 8i down between the DPcs and my RocketBladez, which really surprised me. So I made the 2nd trip to a different range which has features that are great for assessing distance and dispersion from about 180 and in. The results mostly confirmed the morning session. I'm very surprised by that.

They clearly aren't as forgiving as the Bladez, and that is to be expected. But the flip side is better dispersion and I think I'm forced to focus more because I know I can't get away with a hack swing. I loved my Bladez and never expected to find anything that would push them to the sidelines, but they may be finding a new home after all.

Back