What's Your Fly Challenge - Live Updates

It was an astounding trip. I feel insanely blessed and honestly still cannot believe that it happened.

So jelly.

But so happy for you dudes.

You boys (and gal) killed it.

Finally caught up on this thread and I'm loving everything I'm reading. The THP crew that was picked are such incredible ambassadors and Cobra just gets it. This event sounds amazing and I'm so happy they asked THP to come and experience it.

And SOOOO much more!!!! I know you had a blast dude. So pumped to hear about the 2014 stuff when it's released. Cobra made incredible strides this year.

Across the board too. But I honestly adore the Amp Cell Pro irons. And the FW woods with the smart pad is beastly.

I just got done reading this and this is one of the best threads on THP, this reporting from GG, Freddie and Jman has been awesome. thanks for sharing the trip, I'm excited to see what's coming nex.

Thank you guys and girl for all the updates on this awesome event. Its so cool that all us people that cant make these things can keep updated with the great work that THP does keeping us in the loop. Thanks again for showing us the pictures and what is going on.

This looks like a cool event, thanks for the updates!!!

Jman or Freddie: Is IJP still gaming the ZL Encore or is he moving up to the new driver?

tappin from my big as note2

Jman or Freddie: Is IJP still gaming the ZL Encore or is he moving up to the new driver?

Players have only just started messing with the new gear, too early for a verdict. As of THIS moment, the ZL was in his bag, I'm betting that changes though....just a hunch.

I bet there were some of these :clapp: yesterday with the new 2014 lineup if Cobra continues on their current track and direction. I can not wait to see what they have in store.

what a fantastic thread!!!!

great job on the coverage and what a great opportunity!!

The heckler hole!! thats awesome. going to have to start that at my company's next charity tourney.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yes he is, although he is on his 3rd one since he started gaming. He was having a convo with the The tour rep about how many he has had. I found it very telling that he had stayed with the same driver head but tinkered with the shafts a bit.

Even though embargoed, I still expect to see some posts later with a bunch of big eyes and holy crap's. Still fair?
Jman has so much bottled up in his head it might just leak out.

So jelly.

But so happy for you dudes.

You boys (and gal) killed it.
FUN FUN trip to say the least

So I am remebering things about the trip that were not caught on camera.

Rickie was hitting drivers and I was able to get his insight on a few things. I asked about drivers off the deck and he explained the best way to do this was to swing level. He also liked this because it helped when the ball was teed up. If your club swings up on the ball off the deck you will top it and if you hit down you either chunk or hit a low squirter. Then he proceeded to hit two off the deck, one mid ball and then a high straight one. Mind you this was all while swinging level, two different ball fligts off the deck...hmmmm. The kid has talent, tons of talent. But through our conversation I think he chosen the fans and connnecting with them over the introverted life of a tour star. Once he figures out the balance he will be a force on tour.

He also spoke about his opening tee ball at evey event. He is looking for the straight that falls left. After the opening tee shot the rest of the day the goal is to be in the positions he needs to be in. He spoke about his impact with the driver which I found to be very intersting. The tee height is just below center, making the impact at center of club face. But the positon is closer to the toe or outside the sweet spot then the center of the sweet spot. He is still hitting the sweet spot just on the edge of it. This reduces the spin and effectively maximizes the output on the ball. The reduction in spin can't be too great but it's different than in the dead middle of the face.

Another cool fact about Rickie is that it takes about four hours and 8 driver with as many or double that in shafts to find the perfect setting for his game. Mind you this is already knowing what they need to see out of his clubs. This happens a few times a year with the Cobra Tour Rep.

Those are some very interesting thoughts from Rickie. I really like his thoughts about drivers off the deck, never thought that was a good way to improve your swing.

Liked liked a fun experience for you all. I was impressed by the coverage that was brought to us. Just want to say Thank you to Freddie, Jman, and GG for this. Loved the pics provided and the on course action taking place by Freddie and James. Loved that the Cobra R&D folks were teamed with them.
It looked to be an incredible experience for all. And we had the pleasure of traveling along. Thanks.

Just "skimmed" though the whole tread except post by the attenders! Sounds amazing. Thanks for keeping us informed while this whole event was going on. I am sure it was tough to post and play at the same time. But it was a great read!

Another cool fact about Rickie is that it takes about four hours and 8 driver with as many or double that in shafts to find the perfect setting for his game. Mind you this is already knowing what they need to see out of his clubs. This happens a few times a year with the Cobra Tour Rep.

Do you mean 8 different driver heads? Or 8 versions of the same head? Or 8 driver heads that should be the same looking for a 'hot' one?

Some awesome insight Tadashi!

Do you mean 8 different driver heads? Or 8 versions of the same head? Or 8 driver heads that should be the same looking for a 'hot' one?

Some awesome insight Tadashi!

8 of the same heads would be outfitted with 8 of the same shafts and the best numbers would be taken from each. New shafts would be placed in the top four heads and new numbers. Repeat, rinse and wash. The end product is a couple of evenly matches drivers for RF to put in bag.

that sure is interesting.

Wow that's diligence

8 of the same heads would be outfitted with 8 of the same shafts and the best numbers would be taken from each. New shafts would be placed in the top four heads and new numbers. Repeat, rinse and wash. The end product is a couple of evenly matches drivers for RF to put in bag.

Very interesting. It is amazing how dialed in these guys are to take advantage of what I assume are virtually imperceptible differences in the heads from the manufacturing process.....

I can't remember what tournament or who it was but someone was talking about a similar thing this past season involving another pro who went through 100 drivers before he found his gamer, and it broke the day before the tournament. His club company sent him a dozen or so to try out quickly and he picked the best from that lot, but it wasn't the same and his driving suffered greatly.

This is nuts. Amazingly precise

I don't think I posted in here as the event was going on, but I was certainly reading along. A really cool event with the tour players being out there to interact with our "above-average" joes. Nice that you all had the opportunity to attend that, and all three of you did a great job offering updates throughout the event. I look forward to hearing about the 2014 lines when the time comes.

Before JTnumbers fires off a bunch of text messages asking for a hat, I can tell you those will be used in THP contests.

Having experienced this fabulous event, I must applaud the coverage by THP! Just Awesome!

By the way JB, I've got a hat signed by all three pros that I would gladly donate to a THP contest. Just let me know.

Back