Trying To Break 90 Club

Shot my second sub 90 round at the weekend, my personal best 88 (50/38) had a bit of a nightmare on the front 9 but played a blinder on the back in

Lets hope I can keep this up and stay below 90

Shot my second sub 90 round at the weekend, my personal best 88 (50/38) had a bit of a nightmare on the front 9 but played a blinder on the back in

Lets hope I can keep this up and stay below 90

Second sub 90 with a 38!? Congrats and keep it up! If you shot 38 you have the game

I also have the ability to have a complete meltdown at least once a round and normally use that ability quite regularly! !

I also have the ability to have a complete meltdown at least once a round and normally use that ability quite regularly! !

We all do, and thats probably why we are all in this thread

Played 9 holes today and shot 44, 8 bogeys and a par. I'm encouraged that there were no doubles or penalties and that every bogey ended in a tap in gimme. A little discouraged though I missed a lot of putts in the 6-12 foot range.

Nice round, now get to work on those mid range putts!

Shot 88 yesterday after opening with 5 pars in a row.... And then a triple bogey.

I know I have the ability to shoot low, now I have to just keep it together for an entire round. My problem seems to be opposite of what it used to be. I used to over-think things and get myself stressed out on the course. Now, I don't think about scoring much, but a lot of times I'll lose my concentration on the course because I'm so relaxed, especially when I'm hitting the ball well.

After 5 pars in a row, I hit a beautiful tee shot on the hardest hole on our course, leaving me about 90 yards into the flag. Another easy par opportunity right? Not when you shank a SW into the swamp that borders the hole....

44 + 45 = 89. Finally did it. Round was way up and down. Started with a couple of birdies and had a little meltdown in the middle. Made a long putt for bogey to turn things around and then followed with another birdie, and was all set to finish off in style with a good approach and 3 putted the last hole to barely make it.

Congrats, golffest

Shot a 97 yesterday but could have been under 90. Destroyed 2 par 3's with 6's and a few penalty strokes along the way. Good news was that my driver off the tee was great with most fairways hit. So I improved my driving (went back to my Nike STR8 Fit tour with 1000% confidence), but some of my short game bailed on me. Oh we'll, it's just golf.

Thanks. It's been a long time coming for me. Need a new goal now. Maybe start with doing it again.

Nice rounds guys

Had a decent 87 yesterday. It had the potential to be a better round as I had a 41 on the front, but I had several 3-putts and poor chips on the back. In my defense, the greens were freshly punched and not mowed, so bumpy and glacially slow was not a recipe for success. The chips were more disturbing though. I simply chickened out on several of them and failed to get the ball there. I've got to work on committing to the shot and dealing with the results afterwards.

Good day people.
I broke couple of times 90s marker but since I changed my irons to stiff shaft I can not hit anything and back to 90's again.
My swing is not perfect but I hit long if I connect and any suggestion what to do to get better?
irons: cobra baffler stiff shaft.
driver cobra amp stiff shaft.
wedges: Cleveland 52, 56 steel stiff shaft.
please tell me the basics.
tired of taking lessons and go no where.

Good day people.
I broke couple of times 90s marker but since I changed my irons to stiff shaft I can not hit anything and back to 90's again.
My swing is not perfect but I hit long if I connect and any suggestion what to do to get better?
irons: cobra baffler stiff shaft.
driver cobra amp stiff shaft.
wedges: Cleveland 52, 56 steel stiff shaft.
please tell me the basics.
tired of taking lessons and go no where.

We'd need to understand more about where your big scores come from.

Do you hit into trouble off the tee and more trouble trying to get out? Do you try to hit a 3-wood out of the rough? Do you make two solid shots and then take 4 to get it in the hole?

For most people, big numbers come more from poor decisions rather than swing mechanics.

Put up a 91 this morning (48/43). Approach shots killed me today, only hit 2 greens in regulation. 25mph wind wasn't helping.

Gonna just poke my head in here for a quick sniff and look around. I was on the "Trying to Break 100" thread, and put up a 91 and a 98 the last two times out. I'm not officially a trying to break 90 guy until I break the 100 barrier a couple more times. Then I'll join the caravan enroute to breaking 90.

Unless I go backwards. :at-wits-end: Ya never know...

91 today with 46 putts. If I had been in the mid 30s like usual I could have made a run at 80.

I'm sure it's been suggested many times in this thread but the last two times I've played I've moved up a tee box or two. The first time I was in route to shoot my best round as I was sitting in a 73 after 16 holes. 2 par 4's left. Then played yesterday and matched my PB of 86.

91 today with 46 putts. If I had been in the mid 30s like usual I could have made a run at 80.

Was it worse putting or worse chipping? Did you take more putts because you weren't chipping as well as normal?

96 (50/46) Wind didn't make things easy, and I couldn't get off the tee no matter what I used. Short game is what kept it from being a total disaster...only 33 putts. Missed a few makeable putts and had 2 3 putts. Blame that on the groundskeepers since some pins where in crazy positions (right on hard hard ledges/breaks)

Was it worse putting or worse chipping? Did you take more putts because you weren't chipping as well as normal?

Wasn't requiring a lot of chips. I hit 8/14 fw and 9/18 gir. Some of my approaches could have been closer but the greens were very fast and alot of the pins were on side slopes or on top of ridges.

Shooting in the low to mid 90's regularly. Trying to get into the 80's more. I've had two 89's this year. I focused heavily on my chipping and pitching this year. That has always been my downfall. Last year I was consitently in the low 100 range because of bad chipping. I've made a deal with myself. If I can get into the 80's more consistently, then I will splurge and play Bears best. I'm close, maybe next spring.

I was so close a couple weeks back.. Shot 91 (foggy and moist, greens had just been punched). 45/46. Choked so badly on a par 5 (14th hole) and double bogeyed from a putt! That messed it up for me =( got pretty close last time as well but just can't seem to shake off the 90s!

Played two rounds today. 92 and a 102. pretty disappointing. However, 31 putts on the first round and 29 putts on the second round is something to be happy with. How do you score a 102 with only 29 putts? lol. Tee shots are just absolutely killing me. Think I hit 6 fairways all day and not a single par 3.

With it getting dark earlier and earlier its going to cut down on the amount of rounds I play and pretty much keep me mostly to the range...which is most likely a good thing.

Back