I want a SeeMore putter, but which one do I want?

I'll see that recommendation and say that if the standard FGP is where you want to go, consider the PTM1. Same basic design, but a slightly better build with a milled face for not a ton more money. In personal experience, the feedback is improved and the putter quality is notably better. Just personal experience though.

i call. pot's good?

true. i do have a PTM1 myself and prefer it over the original FGP.
it's essentially a "tour" putter, for only a few dollars more.

I spoke with Jason Pouliot, and he spent a lot of time working with me. I gave him some personal/game info, height/weight/build, and he recommended the following:

FGP black blade putter, right hand, 355 grams total weight, 34.5", 70 degree lie, golf pride black tour classic grip, with a custom spi label.

I picked the floating red rst velcro head cover and it should be here by the end of the week. I was very impressed with the time he spent talking to me and he answered all of my questions. He even provided a short putting lesson over the phone, not just related to the rifle scope tech.

I spoke with Jason Pouliot, and he spent a lot of time working with me. I gave him some personal/game info, height/weight/build, and he recommended the following:

FGP black blade putter, right hand, 355 grams total weight, 34.5", 70 degree lie, golf pride black tour classic grip, with a custom spi label.

I picked the floating red rst velcro head cover and it should be here by the end of the week. I was very impressed with the time he spent talking to me and he answered all of my questions. He even provided a short putting lesson over the phone, not just related to the rifle scope tech.

what you experienced is SeeMore at its finest! A business model that is all about the family, which you are part of as soon as you made the call

I was able to try out my new FGP yesterday. I spent about an hour putting with it using balls that I'll actually play with, versus the old beat up range balls I've been practicing with. It took a while to start to get the feel for this putter. It's heavier than my Odyssey DART and the weight is compressed into a smaller area with the blade only design versus the Odyssey's blade/dart extension. Also the DART has the White Ice insert which felt much different than the solid metal FGP.

So far I'm happy with the switch. I certainly feel more setup consistency with the RST and immediately noticed bad setup habits. I would find myself setting up at first with the red dot visible, and on either side of the shaft. Meaning even my inconsistencies were inconsistent. After sorting that out I started to see improvement. I was able to drain a few 15-20 footers that I would never make before and also ended up with a lot of putts closer to the hole than before. I need more time on it to develop a feel for the proper stroke distances for different putt lengths. The Golf Pride Tour Classic grip is a little bigger in diameter than the stock Odyssey grip on the DART. I like it but feel like I should have ordered something even bigger like a Super Stroke. While I don't have extremely long fingers, I do have large hands and I catch myself trying to use them to manipulate my putting stroke every so often. I'll be back out on the putting green this afternoon to spend another hour or so.

7EF4C2B5-EFA0-4C11-B800-C4BB6E5B23AC-7848-0000119343FB34BC_zps67d68b5b.jpg

9231A663-A04C-496D-A7BC-2816B344EC71-7848-000011933E6160BC_zps439c07ae.jpg

7C336765-9306-4DDA-90BD-094B62B8A4F2-7848-0000119337BA257E_zpsb13b69e8.jpg

That's a solid putter, CRW.

The more I see that FGP shape and the fact that I see several SPi instructors using it, makes me want to spend time with one.

When I first got a SeeMore, I also noticed that I wasn't consistently squaring the face either. Now that I've gotten used to what that looks like, I feel like it's made me a better putter with any style. Granted, I'm not going to be leaving SeeMore anytime soon, but it's not just a great putter, but a solid training tool as well. Personally, I love a larger grip, like a SuperStroke 2.0, as it really takes my hands out of it, but give the one you've got a chance while you're still adjusting to everything else. Can't wait to hear what you think as you dial in the feel.

I got another hour of practice in with it yesterday and it's like night and day over my Odyssey. I'm really concentrating on having a straight back and using my shoulders to allow the club to work like a pendulum. The club definitely face balances at impact as advertised. I would catch myself turning at the waist sometimes, but the ball would still be close to the hole after hitting it. I'd know a mistake instantly when making it, but was still happy with the results. And on the good strokes I was on fire for my standard. I was trying to make the training realistic by dropping my golf balls at different spots all over the putting green from different distances with the intent of getting them into the hole in 2 strokes. While I did have a few 3 putts, more than 75% were 2 putts - a dramatic change over the 75%-80% worth of 3 putts I've had since I started playing the game. I'm excited to see how much this putter will shave off my score. I've been struggling to break 100 (averaging 105), but there is no reason why I shouldn't be in the 90's now. Unfortunately I'm playing in a scramble this week and won't get an accurate score. I won't play a normal round again until the 29th.

My first full round with my FGP and I shaved around 5 putts off my usual score. I've been averaging 45 putts and knocked it down to 39. If I could improve the rest of my short game I could drop it even more. The guys I normally play with were very impressed and noticed the difference.

So happy to hear of your success.

I'm a new golfer that has been playing for two months. I'm taking lessons and typically do well to get near greens with one or two shots depending on the yardage. Then I massively fail when it comes to pitching/chipping/putting. I typically 3 putt on each hole. I wish I could say I miss the same all the time, but I don't. I miss left, right, and hit too hard or too soft. I currently use a 35" Odyssey White Ice Blade Dart putter with stock grip. I bought it because I'm new to golf and didn't want to fork too much cash up front until I knew golf was something I could stick with. It was $75 new at golfsmith. I'm 5'10 and a little bulky at 250 pounds. Are there certain measurements that I can take to help me determine length needed? And which style should I buy? I don't know where to start. I used the ping cradle and app for putting and it tells me I have a strong arc, but couldn't the putter affect the results of the app? I sent a message to SeeMore to see what they have to say, but thought I'd ask the THP members too. I see that Golfsmith sells the SeeMore line, but didn't notice them when I purchased the Odyssey.
hi. Go see a SeeMore SPI in your area. We now have a fitting system to put together about 25 different combos for testing and fitting.
There are lots of combos, so if you are going to get a SeeMore, do it right and get the one that works best for you.

Back