Kick Butt Laser Range Finder

I look forward to your on course review! It looks like a solid unit and I would drop around $150 on one if they pan out to be good. Is the display red or black?

It is black and has a square in the middle and crosshairs horizontally and vertically. Really easy to line up to small targets in the center of the square so far.

Thanks for taking the risk to check this out. Very interested in the long term reviews and how it holds up over time. Doesn't look too bad really in those pics.

Thanks for taking the risk to check this out. Very interested in the long term reviews and how it holds up over time. Doesn't look too bad really in those pics.

It's not bad at all. It's better looking and feeling than a lot of the hunting range finders that are on the market.

I should have it early next week, I would think. I've only used a rangefinder a few times before, so I'm sure I'll have to work on technique to get a steady hand.

As soon as it comes in, I'll try to get some good pictures and initial review and then I'll take it to the course next weekend, hopefully mightyquinn can get out and we can compare the distances with his Leupold, which I think will be the biggest factor for me.

Dude if you can get distances with my range finder at Keith Hills you should have no issues at all.

Dude if you can get distances with my range finder at Keith Hills you should have no issues at all.

The only problem I had with yours was keeping it steady enough to get a good reading. I think it's just the design combined with the nerve damage in my arm. What I did like was that me shooting your Bushnell and Andy using his Leopold gave the exact same distance every time.

looks like a nice unit and can't wait to hear how it works on the course and how the pin seeker mode works.

I do ask that you try to range a bunker/fairway/tree/rock with pin seeker on to see if it will give you an adequate reading.

Thanks

looks like a nice unit and can't wait to hear how it works on the course and how the pin seeker mode works.

I do ask that you try to range a bunker/fairway/tree/rock with pin seeker on to see if it will give you an adequate reading.

Thanks

Will do. I was shooting bunkers and trees with Jordan's on Sunday, so it should be an easy comparison.

If you give it a 2 thumbs up, Kick Butt should be kickin' your bank account up a little bit. I'm sure they'll see a nice surge in sales with a glowing review. I'm thinking of selling the U pro to a co-worker who has been using mine and picking up this thing.

If you give it a 2 thumbs up, Kick Butt should be kickin' your bank account up a little bit. I'm sure they'll see a nice surge in sales with a glowing review. I'm thinking of selling the U pro to a co-worker who has been using mine and picking up this thing.

We will see how glowing the review is over time. I am a sceptic when it comes to cheaper electronics, having worked in the industry for years. While I don't know the accuracy yet, it seems that the actual optics are as good as any other rangefinder I've used and better than a few name brand hunting range finders that I've tried. I did do some research on the Chinese company that manufactures these and they specialize in optics and range finders and manufacture some rangefinders for big name companies.

Went to the range today during lunch and was lasing the yardage flags while I was there. It seems to be pretty accurate based on the flags. I shot the 100 yard flag at 101 yards, the 150 flag, which was slightly angled from me at 152 and the 200 flag at 202 yards. My friend's callaway rangefinder showed the exact same yardage on the 100 and 150 flags and he got 203 yards on the 200, where I got 202. So far, so good.

2 yds on a 200 yd shot is 1% off and every range finder I've looked at is +/- 1yd any way so it's accuracy seems spot on at this point.

If it stays this accurate I will be really impressed.

My brother once bought some sweet floor speakers out of a van! lol

Seriously though, looks like a good unit. Price is right for sure. If it works well and lasts longer than a year, then I would say you got your monies worth for $150/$160.

Based on Bullitt's posts, it appears it took around a week to get to him.

I had to do an echeck payment through PayPal because I hadn't updated my credit card info. The payment cleared on Thursday, he shipped USPS priority on Friday and it came on Tuesday from Iowa. The week was because of PayPal, not him. He was a very fast shipper.

Used it on the course for 9 holes today and it worked really well. No other range finder to compare it to, but comparing it to sprinkler heads and yardage markers, it seemed to be dead on. The course that I played had prisms on the flag sticks, so it was incredibly easy to pick them up, the furthest out I tried was 260 yards and with the prisms, it was a piece of cake.

So far, it seems like it was a good buy. I don't think I'm going to get to play again until next weekend, but my home course doesn't have the prisms on the flags, so it will be a much bigger challenge.

Played on my home course with no prisms today and had a really hard time locking on to the flag for some reason. I'm hoping it's just my technique, this is the first time I've used it while walking, without the cart windshield to rest it on.

I'm going to have to figure out a technique to steady it while I'm walking.

I use my hunting range finder ad have a hard time as well locking onto pins so I usually hit the front edge of the green and go from there on what club I need.

As for technique try holding your triceps against your chest and with really shallow breathes or even holding for a few seconds. This should help stabilize you.

Went out to walk a few holes after work today, and after receiving a little tutorial from the Pro on how to properly use the Pinfinder feature I was able to easily lock on to every pin today, even from over 200 yards out on the Par 5. I have to say now that I have the technique down on how to use the Pinfinder, it's completely easy to use.

mightyquinn and I are going to play tomorrow afternoon, so I'll know the accuracy then, but now that I have my technique down, I really like it. Well worth the money so far, but tomorrow will be the real test.

Have been watching this thread with anticipation of buying a Kick Butt, when I suddenly ran across and nearly new Bushnell PinSeeker 1500 for under $100.

Went out and compared it to the Leopold today and it was within 1 yard the entire day.

Back