Gonna Take the Plunge

Thanks guys, I forgot to mention. I am planning to propose on the 15th of October, its the night we met 8 years ago. She sot of knows its happening but not when its happening.

I was clearing out some of my old subscribed threads and happened upon this one. We never got an update. Hopefully everything went as planned for you!

If the above post still stands, it hasn't happened yet

You could do what I did when I proposed to my second wife... we were laying in bed, and we had talked about marriage before, but nothing firm. I rolled over, said we should set a date! Then promptly took her and my now step-kids to Denny's for breakfast & went and played golf with the guys!

Awesome man. Freaking awesome.

Thanks guys, I forgot to mention. I am planning to propose on the 15th of October, its the night we met 8 years ago. She sot of knows its happening but not when its happening.

If you're going to propose on the night you met, why not propose in that same place?

So i have the ring chosen. Gona pick it up this week and i can share a photo with you.

I was talking with friends over the proposal and came up with an over the top one. It's kind of a long story but one that needs to be told.

In belfast there is a botanic gardens, the significance of which is that we went on one of our first day trips there (we don't live near there, and we were young).

I am going to get one of her friends (who is visiting from england) to suggest going there on that day. I will be waiting there at a gazebo in the gardens decorated with flowers, with friends and family wearing t-shirts with letters on them spelling 'will you marry' and me wearing one with me and a question mark.

Its a bit cheesy and a lot of work. but i like the idea of it.

I like it Dara, and I think she will LOVE it - go get her!

Sorry for the delay in letting you know what happened. I had to change my plans when I found out I was being sent to England on work. She had booked us in for a night away on Friday the 11th in a place called Lusty Beg Island Hotel. Its on an island and you have to get a small ferry (can only hold two cars) there. We went for a meal and a drink at the bar after. She wanted to stay for a few more but I said I had wine in the room and to go for a walk around to see the place. I took her to a jetty were we sat down with our feet over the water. It was a lovely starry night about half 10. I produced a cigar, I smoke them on special occasions, which she thought was because of our anniversary on the 15th as I would be away. I slipped the ring on the cigar and asked her to help me light it. She didn't see the ring at first and I kinda had to point it out so she didn't drop it in the water. When she saw it she freaked out and wouldn't stop giggling! She eventually said yes. This photo was taken a few minutes after when she frantically was trying to ring her family, and I was in the middle of my victory dance.

And the picture we sent to our friends to let them know.
IMG-20131012-00559_zpsa7b80ec9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Congratulations to you both

Congrats man! Glad it all worked out for you!

Congratulations to the both of you

Congratulations!!

Congrats buddy!

Congrats! I wish you all the best.

That's great man! Congrats to the both of you. I would have been scared out of my mind that she would have sent the cigar and ring flying in to the water

Congratulations!

This photo was taken a few minutes after when she frantically was trying to ring her family, and I was in the middle of my victory

I told you she would try to call her family immediately. They don't like to wait on that.

That's great man! Congrats to the both of you. I would have been scared out of my mind that she would have sent the cigar and ring flying in to the water

I was! I held my hands cupped under the cigar, she just thought I was lighting it. I had to tell her to look down. I didn't really think my plan through! although it worked out well.

Congratulations!

I told you she would try to call her family immediately. They don't like to wait on that.

Yea, I didn't get to talk to her for like 20 mins after it. She had to ring everyone! aunties and uncles and grandparents. I rang my immediate family, they were all together. So I was sitting relaxing and smoking the cigar!

Congratulations. It's the next step on a long journey, where the destination is always just over the next rise.

Tapatalking on my iPad

Back