TaylorMade SLDR Fairway Wood Preview

I like the words "more shallow".

A lot.

I'm liking the looks of the whole SLDR line so far! It will be interesting to see how this compares to the driver in the forgiveness category.

Just had a thought that a 4 or 5 wood could be a fun one to try.

Height of a 4w, length of current 3 wood. I'm down with that combo

A lot.

I like shallow. I think that could be an awesome FW.

Good looking and I still really like the silver/gray color combo

This thing looks awesome. I like the heavier shaft too for accuracy's sake.

Must hit it once it hits shelves!!

A lot.

Agreed. I have not been a fan of the recent trend to make 3Ws into tiny drivers. Some of us short hitters still use them from the fairway.

Very interested to see the reviews of these FWs.

I sooooo want to try this out!!!

That really looks good from the top. Interesting to see how this one does.

I managed to resist Tadashi recommending the Stage 2 over the original RBZ but I do really like the look of this one and if they have improved this from the Stage 2 then this might be the shortest period of time I have had a particular club in my bag.....

The crown picture makes the head look smaller at address than the sole picture. It could be me, it could be the angle of the pictures, or I wonder if it is another TM optical illusion like the one that they pulled off on the top line of the SpeedBlade?

I think so. The graphics on the back of the crown on clubs like the SLDR driver, Cobra's Amp Cell, and similar design, goes a long way toward changing the perceived size of the club. This one looks like it does something similar.

I'm highly interested given how much fun I've had the past couple of weeks with the SLDR driver.

I like the top/crown, and the face looks my style. The bottom is a little "busy" for my liking. I bet it's a monster off the fairway or tee!

when will this club start selling?

Except for the slider part, it looks just like my Mizuno F50 3W which is large off the tee!

First Taylormade club that will most likely end up in my bag in a long time. This reminds me bigtime of the R9 3 wood. I always regretted not pulling the trigger on that one. Only thing that makes me nervous is the heavy shaft.

I love the classic look and styling!

No there is no SLDR thingy for those that asked.
Yes it has the forward CG.
It is fairly shallow. At address it reminds me of the R9 (thats a good thing).

Is it just me or does the new TM SLDR line up look very similar to the Titleist 910/913 line up?

Pretty sure I am quite anxious to hit this one tomorrow. Yep, pretty sure of it.

It looks good but I am in the camp of not understanding why there is no sliding weight with the SLDR name. Seems weird to me.

Bump...any on course updates?

Back