Black Widow Grips

I have these on a couple clubs that I updated to a midsize grip and I really like them (one full season). My only complaint is over time they have gotten a bit slick. This may be because I have not cleaned them properly, which I am not sure exactly haw to clean grips without destroying them.

I have the bw putter grip has been holding up good two things i would change make it an oversized grip and more tacky is a very smooth grip..

Basically hot water and a brush but they never perk up like new. I really like the looks of these over the New Decades.

Got my free BW ball marker clip in the mail, very nice:
photo-4.jpg

So sad I lost it on the course, a few days later I saw someone with it and asked them about it, they said they found it on the course but there wasn't anyway it could be mine. Total liar, oh well, he was older and I didn't want to argue with my elder!!!

Want to bump this to the top. Has anybody put a full season on these? I been looking at putting a Widowmaker on my driver and was curious about durablity.

I used the Edge grip and I liked it at first but after about a month of use it had zero tack. They market it to be soft like a wrap but that is not the case. I'm dissapointed with them and wont use them again it's a shame because I love the look of them. I hope the Widowmaker is better.

I also had a Widowmaker on my putter and it's dry and has no grip and even cracking a bit. Take into consideration that I live in a dry climate but it should last longer.

Played the widow makers all year; switched over from the Golf Pride New Decades. I don't wear a glove so I definitely noticed less cord on this grip. It held up great and if I can get it at a similar price, I will stick with them. If the price of the widow maker was within $2.00/grip compared to the the New Decades, I would switch back, the decades are just a great product.

i got these on sale and paid ~$60.00 for all 13.

Black Widow.....

Black Widow.....

Installed a new set of Black Widow grips on my HoneyMissus' Lady Cobras golf clubs. Air compression installation is so quick and easy.

1382150_10151775010313401_554278345_n.jpg

I am a fan of the red and black myself. Looking forward to the review as I was debating on black widow grips a few months ago.

I just ordered 13 Black Widow Widow Makers from Hireko... for like $1.29 a grip. So 16 bucks... for all of them... just buy them! www.hirekogolf.com

Black Widow Grips

I use the midsize Widow Maker. Great grip, really love it. Everything gets them next year.

I have been contemplating these grips myself as they are a bit cheaper than the golf pride grips. Do you guys reckon they are good grips?

I have been contemplating these grips myself as they are a bit cheaper than the golf pride grips. Do you guys reckon they are good grips?

I have them on my irons, gotta say I love them. They gave a great feel

I have the black widow tours on my irons and the blsck widow edge on my wedges. The edge are a slight bit thicker and I prefer this in my irons. Mine are all white, looks absolutly great and feel great...just spend more time cleaning grips after a round than the actual club

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Err...meant prefer thicker on my wedges... still on the first cup of coffee..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Thanks guys might have to order some very shortly.

I have some BW grips on my old iron set and for the money I really was pleased with what I got. 18 bucks for 13 grips and tape and solvent from the Bay. Works for me and installed by me.

ordered 13 Widowmakers from the bay for $17, plan on using them next season.

I just stumbled across a bunch of these in a storage tub I have at home, I forgot how affordable these are!

I gave my Wilson Staff FG Tours to by brother a few weeks ago, he needed to get them reshafted cause they had x-flex's. The club builder put on Black Widow's for him. Got to swing the clubs yesterday and they are a pretty good grip. Have seen them online before at very reasonable prices.

The Black Widow, Widow Maker midsize is my favorite grip. You don't see BW often, but they are great grips.

Very underrated grip IMO. I played them before switching to my Dri-Tacs and loved them. Great grip to store away as you can get them real cheap right now.

Its good to hear so much good feedback. I've looked at them at the shop and like the feel and look. I was just a little concerned because I hadn't heard anything about them. I look forward to the review!

I have the Black Widow Edge grips in white on a set of Hogan Apex Plus irons that I picked up in December. Haven't had a chance to play a round with them yet due to the weather, but have knocked around in my backyard with the E wedge. I'm anxious to get these to the range or on the course... So far I love the feel of these grips!

Tap talkin' on my Nokia 920

Last edited:
Back