Choosing a Golf Glove

For me, its material. I prefer a glove that is all leather. Ive tried a few that were a mix of leather and synthetic materials (Mizuno Dualflex) and didnt feel like they held their shape as well.
Price isnt really a big concern to me because I always get at least a season's use out of a glove before I retire it. Brand is a minor concern. Im happy to use a Mizuno glove but if someone showed me a glove thats better than the Mizuno Retroflex, Id give it a shot.

This is one place where I suck. I buy whatever is on sale and I don't know why.

When my old glove wears out, I ask myself "was I happy with how long that glove lasted?"

If yes, then I look for multiple new ones.

If no, (or if yes but old glove is not made anymore), then I look for a cheaper glove from a brand I haven't yet tried.

Repeat the above.

Lately, discontinuation/lack of availability has driven my choices, as opposed to premature wearing out.

I was happy to find a couple Nike Tech Extremes in DesMoines. Those seem to have disappeared in my area.

Material first, then price. I can't use those cheap synthetic leather gloves, yuck. Thus this invariably always leads me to buying the 3 packs at Costco for $15 lol. Best deal around without having to hunt!

That is my usual choice, too. No guilt if I want to throw a new in the bag for a trip. They wear pretty well, too, since I don't play as often I was want to.

Comfort, durability, and breathability. I had a Callaway glove and when my hands got sweaty I began to "swim" inside the glove. I had a Snake Eyes and they tore apart within a couple of weeks. I tried the FJ SoftJoy and could not get a good feel of the club. Right now I am using a Nike glove form the pro shop and so far it has all three components that I seek.

Price and fit. Just bought 10 for around $2 each from budget golf last week. Costco used to sell some nice lower priced gloves but haven't seen them there in awhile.

1) Feel/material
1a) Fit
2) Price

It's all about comfort, I've found some to avoid based on bad durability, but in the end when I try it on, it better feel nice.

For me, price then durability.

Fit, durability and price. #1 criteria is that they have to fit properly (no rough seams, etc).

I used to use Nike gloves that fit fine and were about ten bucks each but they would be done after a month.

Based on some recommendations here, I moved up to Bionic ones which cost about five bucks more but last a lot longer.

FJ StaSof or PermaFeel.

That's it

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

With an understanding that I'm not spending more than, say, $15 for one, I go with fit. Given the variance in sizing, fit also tends to narrow down the brand. So I keep ending up with Nike gloves, because that's the only glove where the size I wear (ML) doesn't feel too long in the fingers or too tight in the palm. It helps that they're pretty comfortable, and stand up to a decent amount of punishment.

Price. It has to be under $10 a glove. Once they've met that criteria I'm really not sure what is next but, probably, still the best deal even at that point.

I started off with price, but then learned what I liked and what didn't wear out so fast. So now it's entirely brand loyalty. I will no longer buy anything just because it's on sale

When I bought the wife a glove it came down to material and fit/comfort and with the THP review of the Hirzl it was a no brainer.

Fit first and foremost. Dead heat with material and price after that, I'll take the best deal I can find on a material I like. Won't go super low for some of the poorer materials.
It doesnt have to be leather, but there's some awful synthetics out there.

Fit, durability, price.

Fit/Feel/Price in that order. I've tried plenty of gloves that just don't have the right feel to me when gripping the club. Half the game is about feel.

I will look for good deals, but the last glove I bought I spent a little more on on a recommendation from a friend. I really like the glove and considering a glove will last me a whole season spending a little extra isn't a big deal.

Mine is durability first. I have ungodly sweating hands so I have to get something that is durable first and foremost.

Price would be the next factor.

Fit. Material. Then, price. Brand does not matter to me.

I don't need the pricey highend leather. But, I don't want the cheap stuff, either. And, I don't want any looseness in the fingers.

I'd say it used to be a combination of price and fit and then trying to stock up when there were sales (I remember getting half a dozen Titleist gloves for like five bucks a piece a while back that lasted quite a while). Now it's just one thing - name: Hirzl. Done and done.

Fit, fit, fit! If it doesn't fit then I don't get. Material is next, brand doesn't effect my buying or price. When I need gloves I buy them

I try to find the cheapest, thinnest glove possible.

I'm not keen on dropping $20+ for a glove, especially in the summer when I seemingly wear through gloves every other week. But, cheap gloves that are too thick are also a waste.

I've found some very good gloves for under $15 and even under $10 in some situations (old model, buying several, etc).

I won't lie, for me its all price. I used to hang on durability the most but inevitably it all comes back to price for me.

For met it's mainly price, but if when I try it on and it doesn't feel "right" then I move to the next cheapest one. I spent extra money on one of those "bionic" gloves and it wore out just as fast and provided no additional grip over the budget FJ, Callaway, or TMs.

Back