Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I feel like I clearly suck since I didn't care for the 440 nearly as much as the 460.

I should just quit. :alien:

Well I feel like I clearly suck since I didn't care for the 440 nearly as much as the 460.

I clearly am suck-ier because I didnt care for either. :bad:

I clearly am suck-ier because I didnt care for either. :bad:

We should all quit, who wants my putters?

Pshhhh....like that would ever happen.

Haha no actually it was only in that club. I preferred the 460 in the Titleist. Not sure why but just like the look better at address on the 440. BUT I'd gladly take the SeeMores off your hand. I'm up to 5 now.

We should all quit, who wants my putters?

Pshhhh....like that would ever happen.

I will take your putters but they wont do me any good..haha

It's the profile I'm used to now. It's not I don't like the 460. I seem to get better numbers off of deeper faced drivers.

It's the profile I'm used to now. It's not I don't like the 460. I seem to get better numbers off of deeper faced drivers.

Does your Covturd know you are flirting with another driver?

Same here. Less backspin for me off the deeper faces. Better launch for me too.

Same here. Less backspin for me off the deeper faces. Better launch for me too.

I'm a bit of a high hitter. Those deep faces help keep the balloons away.

How about you give us a little more info, AH. Do you have a very high swing speed?

I will tell you that loft is probably the easiest and most effective way to reduce launch (and as a by product, spin). Shaft will help you fine tune.

However, if you're launching a driver that high, I don't think it's an equipment issue.

Swing speed with the driver is around 96. Lower lofted drivers have never realy worked for me but I'm always openminded when I meet with my fitter.

As to it not being equipment, my coach had me tee the ball lower and slide it back in my stance a little as well. This brought the flight down but it introduced a fade when I normally hit a draw. I prefer to find equipment that fits my swing rather than fit my swign to the equipment.

Last edited:
I understand that, but if you're really launching a driver as high as a PW (somewhere in the mid 20°'s I'm guessing?), there's something wrong that equipment isn't going to fix. I'm not trying to be a downer either - just giving you my experience with something similar.

For a couple years, I was spinning the drive in the 4,500rpm range and literally tried out dozens of equipment fixes, but it never went away. In the end, it was all swing for me.

Swing speed with the driver is around 96. Lower lofted drivers have never realy worked for me but I'm always openminded when I meet with my fitter.

As to it not being equipment, my coach had me tee the ball lower and slide it back in my stance a little as well. This brought the flight down but it introduced a fade when I normally hit a draw. I prefer to find equipment that fits my swing rather than fit my swign to the equipment.

I'm not a professional or anything, but moving the ball back and lower will likely result in a negative angle of attack and increase backspin causing the ball to climb higher and possibly balloon. I might do the opposite, also slow down your swing a bit and see if the trajectory changes.

RELs but cant decide if i should go mid or oversize or mid and add a wrap or two.

Long conversation last night with a good friend of mine in North Carolina that I completely trust. He was playing in a Pro-Am past two days and called me afterwards to tell me that I need to hit the Optiforce 3w immediately.

I have immediately gone into full pondering mode and need to go hit the club. Very rare that he makes that kind of comment, so he has me very intrigued.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pondering a winter ball, since morning temps are dipping into the high 30's here. Thinking W/S either Duo or 50 Elite - worth paying extra for the Duo? They're both stupid cheap, but I can get a dz 50's for $13, Duos are $20. Spin is really a non concern here in the winter because the ground is so damp - I've seen drivers stop within 5 yards of landing.

Pondering a winter ball, since morning temps are dipping into the high 30's here. Thinking W/S either Duo or 50 Elite - worth paying extra for the Duo? They're both stupid cheap, but I can get a dz 50's for $13, Duos are $20. Spin is really a non concern here in the winter because the ground is so damp - I've seen drivers stop within 5 yards of landing.

Me to. Gotta grab a box sometimd

Asked myself this same thing many, many times. In the end, if I'm going cheap, I'm going really cheap. 50's work out just fine.

I enjoyed using the Wilson Zip last year

I bought ZStar XVs on LGBs for 13 dollars a dozen in mint. They are going to be used this winter for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back