The 2013-14 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If FSU wins out and gets left holding their junk in their hand undefeated and after beating 3 top 10 teams (assuming VT wins out and they meet in the ACCCG) it will be tragic.

Dear FSU,

Been there, done that.

Signed, 2004 Auburn Tigers

I thought I laid low long enough to avoid all the Clemsoning talk but it looks like I was wrong. Dammit,lol

Interesting that "Clemsoning" has now changed from losing to a team that you shouldn't lose to getting blown out. Tired Internet journalism is tired.

Clemson played like hot garbage last weekend, but if getting blown out by that FSU team is "Clemsoning," just about every team in the country would be "Clemsoning."

Now, if Clemson goes to MD this weekend and loses as a two-TD favorite, that's another story all together. (That's my concern - letting one loss become two.)

If it makes you feel better most people in Knoxville think Wes Rucker and Clay Travis are tired acts. That's actually putting it nicely.

If it makes you feel better most people in Knoxville think Wes Rucker and Clay Travis are tired acts. That's actually putting it nicely.

You are 100% correct, sir. People are getting tired of them. I still like em' though. People in Knoxville quickly get tired of any journalist that speaks a bit more realisticly and doesn't put UT on a pedestal that they don't belong on right now though. If Wes would quit being unobjective and picking teams through logic- instead just picking Tennessee to pull an upset every weekend, he would be liked a whole lot more. Knoxville, and the whole state of Tennessee for that matter, doesn't like to think that they aren't making a return back to National Championship material status every single year.

There's been a lot of talk already about the Vols being top 10 or top 5 possibly next year from fans of the Big Orange. They don't wanna hear otherwise. They think this big time recruiting class is going to immediately take them to the top of the heap. I don't buy into that. I say top 25 next year, possibly, if we pull an upset somewhere. And maybe top 10 in 2015. If Butch continues to recruit like he has this year then we can start talking about going hunting for the NC starting in 2016.

Interesting that "Clemsoning" has now changed from losing to a team that you shouldn't lose to getting blown out. Tired Internet journalism is tired.

Clemson played like hot garbage last weekend, but if getting blown out by that FSU team is "Clemsoning," just about every team in the country would be "Clemsoning."

Now, if Clemson goes to MD this weekend and loses as a two-TD favorite, that's another story all together. (That's my concern - letting one loss become two.)

Well, in all fairness, I'd say that if Clemson played like they did on Saturday vs Vanderbilt then they would've lost.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Well, in all fairness, I'd say that if Clemson played like they did on Saturday vs Vanderbilt then they would've lost.

It's true. I watched UGA do it last Saturday as well. :banghead:

It's true. I watched UGA do it last Saturday as well. :banghead:

Look at the bright side. You're not a Tennessee fan along with me... I swear every one of my gray hairs have come from that team!!! After both the UGA and USCjr games I came home and looked in the mirror and saw a distinguishable amount more.

Too good
af6964ff976ac8bea377f21599c948cc8789f3c0bc374c6c6fb1f7764b05a8a3.jpg

You are 100% correct, sir. People are getting tired of them. I still like em' though. People in Knoxville quickly get tired of any journalist that speaks a bit more realisticly and doesn't put UT on a pedestal that they don't belong on right now though. If Wes would quit being unobjective and picking teams through logic- instead just picking Tennessee to pull an upset every weekend, he would be liked a whole lot more. Knoxville, and the whole state of Tennessee for that matter, doesn't like to think that they aren't making a return back to National Championship material status every single year.

There's been a lot of talk already about the Vols being top 10 or top 5 possibly next year from fans of the Big Orange. They don't wanna hear otherwise. They think this big time recruiting class is going to immediately take them to the top of the heap. I don't buy into that. I say top 25 next year, possibly, if we pull an upset somewhere. And maybe top 10 in 2015. If Butch continues to recruit like he has this year then we can start talking about going hunting for the NC starting in 2016.

Yeah there are plenty of vol fans that have unrealistic expectations. At least IMO the satire and SNL type writing they do/attempt (and alot of people nationwide do) is just old. They just come off as self absorbed to me. I class them with Skip Bayless and Stephen A Smith...the less I see/hear them the better.

That could just be me though. I like listening to Erik Ainge in the morning but I am sure he has just as many haters.

Yeah there are plenty of vol fans that have unrealistic expectations. At least IMO the satire and SNL type writing they do/attempt (and alot of people nationwide do) is just old. They just come off as self absorbed to me. I class them with Skip Bayless and Stephen A Smith...the less I see/hear them the better.

That could just be me though. I like listening to Erik Ainge in the morning but I am sure he has just as many haters.

Yeah. Ainge for different reasons though. He has a truly remarkable/despicable story behind him, depending on how a person looks at it.

1 day to go, Bammers!

Can't wait for the game. I predict a Bama win, but I think it's gonna be closer than people expect!

1 day to go, Bammers!

Can't wait for the game. I predict a Bama win, but I think it's gonna be closer than people expect!

I'm rooting for an upset Colt

1 day to go, Bammers!

I think UT keeps it close for a half.

1 day to go, Bammers!

#RollTide

1 day to go, Bammers!

Cookie close?

1 day to go, Bammers!

If it wasn't for the fact that Bama knows it will be compared to Oregon through each ones game with Tennessee, I would agree that it would be closer than the spread. Not saying we put up 59, but I think it will be in the neighborhood of 42-10.

Clay Travis is a complete and utter tool. He has absolutely no business purporting to be a "journalist of any kind." Not only that, but he was a failure as a lawyer, and is not licensed to practice law anywhere in the US.

Clay Travis is a complete and utter tool. He has absolutely no business purporting to be a "journalist of any kind." Not only that, but he was a failure as a lawyer, and is not licensed to practice law anywhere in the US.

Tell us how you really feel about him, bro... :D

If it wasn't for the fact that Bama knows it will be compared to Oregon through each ones game with Tennessee, I would agree that it would be closer than the spread. Not saying we put up 59, but I think it will be in the neighborhood of 42-10.

Agree and disagree. Yall's offense is not as potent as Oregon's, you don't create confusion amongst the defense with the hurry up, and our defense has improved 10 fold since that game.

Those are all reasons why Alabama's win might not be as impressive as Oregon's. I say 31-13, Bama. With most of that coming in the 2nd half.

Just heard on the radio that if Alabama plays Oregon in the NC they would be favored by 3 by Vegas. Would jump to 6.5 if they play FSU and 13.5 if they play OSU.

Just heard on the radio that if Alabama plays Oregon in the NC they would be favored by 3 by Vegas. Would jump to 6.5 if they play FSU and 13.5 if they play OSU.

All I'm hearing is that Bama will forever be favored in every game they play until AFTER they finally lose a game and prove they aren't all invincible Saban-bots.

Very interesting, personally I would think Alabama v FSU would be closer than Alabama v Oregon. Either way any combination of those teams would be a great game. I'm not saying it's going to happen, but it would be very interesting if Mizzou goes undefeated, which would include beating Alabama, and how they would fare.

Very interesting, personally I would think Alabama v FSU would be closer than Alabama v Oregon. Either way any combination of those teams would be a great game. I'm not saying it's going to happen, but it would be very interesting if Mizzou goes undefeated, which would include beating Alabama, and how they would fare.
Why would it include beating Alabama? They are not on Mizzous schedule?

Why would it include beating Alabama? They are not on Mizzous schedule?

Sorry, I forgot to put in the SEC title game.

If Alabama/Mizzou went into the SEC championship game undefeated and Mizzou came out the winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back