Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want one buttery smooth feeling high launch shaft then quit pondering and bite the bullet. That thing is NOICE!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I bid one up this afternoon but couldnt seem to find the right price, kept getting outbid as soon as I posted my bid. There are a couple others out there that I am gonna try to jump on. I'm hoping its as good fit!

Can't get the new AP1s out of my head. I hope my local Watts has at least a 6 iron to try out.

Can't get the new AP1s out of my head. I hope my local Watts has at least a 6 iron to try out.

I was looking at these too, just now. It'll be a few weeks, but this ponder could become reality. Of course, a fitting will help for optimal results.

I was looking at these too, just now. It'll be a few weeks, but this ponder could become reality. Of course, a fitting will help for optimal results.

Yeah fitting is a must. I wouldn't preorder without it.

I can't wait to hit them, tomorrow I think and the i20's

Cool man. Can't go wrong there. I'll keep an eye out for your feedback.

Had a driver and FW fitting session last night and I'm in serious ponder mode. Here are the numbers from the trackman:

Current driver 10.5° : launch angle 16°, backspin 3200-3400, cary 245
Current 3w 13°: launch angle 10°, backspin 3300-3500, cary 225

X Hot Pro 9.5° w/PX V shaft = launch angle 13°, backspin 2800-2900, cary 260
FT Optiforce 440 9.5° w/Diamana S+ shaft = launch angle 12°, backspin 2600-2800, cary 275 but more off center shots than the X Hot

X Hot Pro 3w 15° = launch angle 16°, backspin 3100-3300, cary 235 off the tee 220 yards off the deck
X Hot 3 Deep 13° = launch angle 14°, backspin 3000-3200, cary 245 off the tee and dedaly accurate. 215 yards off the deck as I just couldn't hit a clean shot off the deck with this one.

I'm certian that he X Hot Pro 3w will be replacing my current 3w. The question is do I go with the 3 Deep, X Hot Pro driver, or the 440 Optiforce to replace my current driver? I'm leaning toward the 3 Deep thanks to the accuracy. With the two drivers I was hitting farther than I ever have, but not as accurate as the 3Deep.

Last edited:
Pondering Speedblades. I loved my buttery forged clubs, but I think I could benefit from the added forgiveness. Even though my iron play is my strong point.

Adam - Were your off-center shots with the Optiforce unplayable? Or something that you could practice and straighten out? I ask because those are some nice numbers. The numbers with the X Hot Pro aren't too shabby either but a 15 yard difference in carry can be game-changing.

Adam - Were your off-center shots with the Optiforce unplayable? Or something that you could practice and straighten out? I ask because those are some nice numbers. The numbers with the X Hot Pro aren't too shabby either but a 15 yard difference in carry can be game-changing.

On some of the tighter tracks I play those shots would kill my score. My swing coach has really been working with me on driver consistency, so I'd like to think that I could straighten out the Optiforce with a little work. If I had the funds I'd buy the Optiforce and the 3 Deep and just swap whats in the bag depending on where I play. Thats why it's such a tough call.

My fitter has built every club in my bag and has never pointed me in the wrong direction, but this time even he isn't sure which way to go.

Nike wedges.

Smart sole wedges.

#WPF

This Nike ponder has gone on long enough Ryan. It's about time to seal the deal I think.

My ponder is a set GW, though I have no clue which set I'll be playing.

Full blown SeeMore putter pondering.

I want a SOFT feeling face. I prefer milled, but not 100% must. Someone sell me on a SeeMore.

This Nike ponder has gone on long enough Ryan. It's about time to seal the deal I think.

My ponder is a set GW, though I have no clue which set I'll be playing.

once again we sound alike! My bag looks funny right now with s55 irons and an AMP Cell Gap Wedge.

mSeries. Something with the aluminum insert like this. Very very soft.

b36a87219ef95ddb52dbd4b6469e9c69.jpg

Or the Z series. Face milling makes that one a softy too from what I recall reading and from briefly trying one out.

Or the Z series. Face milling makes that one a softy too from what I recall reading and from briefly trying one out.

Do I need to send my Z as well when other things come for a vacation to Hawk's Place? Its CB'd, but still.

I bid one up this afternoon but couldnt seem to find the right price, kept getting outbid as soon as I posted my bid. There are a couple others out there that I am gonna try to jump on. I'm hoping its as good fit!

The White is impressive stable in the hands for being as tip soft as it is. Blows me away every time I hit it.

Could be a beast in that Amp Cell of yours Andy!

Full blown SeeMore putter pondering.

I want a SOFT feeling face. I prefer milled, but not 100% must. Someone sell me on a SeeMore.

There's an awesome thread for that Sanz!!! Go get your SeeMore on!

the mFGP not feeling the love?

I think Hawk was replying to Sanzabar but forgot to quote him. Or I am just stupid.

I I wouldn't really call that a super-soft putter. Its got a little click to it. Personally, I like that, but I was just going off of what he was saying.

I think Hawk was replying to Sanzabar but forgot to quote him. Or I am just stupid.
I I wouldn't really call that a super-soft putter. Its got a little click to it. Personally, I like that, but I was just going off of what he was saying.

I feel so much less confused now.. I thought the Hawkster was going after another SeeMore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back