The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. :flowers4u: I'm so excited. I will PM more about my game after the holidays.

All right, then. :D

Kevin

If he is going to insist on getting you a driver, could you suggest a driver fitting...then you would get a club that fits you. :)

If he is going to insist on getting you a driver, could you suggest a driver fitting...then you would get a club that fits you. :)

No - he won't insist although he has bought me clubs in the past without asking.

Are you his "baby" sister? I think buying clubs is a very personal thing. :)

I am younger. I'm not really into equipment so I'm not very picky.

Whhhaaaatttt? That's crazy talk. I'm with your brother. You definitely need a new driver. You need to bear down on the golf course, Cupcake. Time to start hitting it long and shooting some low scores.

Kevin

I didn't pay attention to anything that was said after this because I'm irritated at myself for not thinking of this nickname for Diane, considering how perfect it is for here. And fun to say.

AAAAAuiQAaYAAAAAAEzCkw.jpg
hello+kitty+cupcake.jpg
hello_kitty_cupcakes_4.jpg
Hello-Kitty-Cupcake-Decoration_C24140EF.jpg
875752994_c9fda4621a.jpg
il_430xn53538360-266x400.jpg

Gosh, Harry--he's been calling her that for weeks.

And here we thought you paid attention. :sad:

Gosh, Harry--he's been calling her that for weeks.

And here we thought you paid attention. :sad:

I have a little nickname for you, too, darling. I just keep it a secret.

Kevin

Santa's carbo loading today.

I have a little nickname for you, too, darling. I just keep it a secret.

Kevin

Santa's carbo loading today.

You've certainly kept it a secret from me.

Edit: I'm not the type who gets nicknames, anyway.

It's a casual kind of sweat pants day in our home office. My Wife is sitting across from me in her long white comfortable old sweater, wearing her new glasses, with her hair pulled up in a Sarah Palin kind of bun.

I'm not sure whether I should start peppering her with political questions, laugh at her, praise her conservatism, or vote for her.

I wonder if she can see Russia.

Kevin

It's a casual kind of sweat pants day in our home office. My Wife is sitting across from me in her long white comfortable old sweater, wearing her new glasses, with her hair pulled up in a Sarah Palin kind of bun.

I'm not sure whether I should start peppering her with political questions, laugh at her, praise her conservatism, or vote for her.

I wonder if she can see Russia.

Kevin

There are those who find Sarah Palin hot.

Spoiler
I'm not one of them.

There are those who find Sarah Palin hot.

Spoiler
I'm not one of them.

I'm not sure if it's her, or Tina Fey's portrayal of her, but when I see her the word vacuous pops into my mind.

Kevin

I'm not sure if it's her, or Tina Fey's portrayal of her, but when I see her the word vacuous pops into my mind.

Kevin

A word you'd never associate with Mrs. Esox. On pain of death.

A word you'd never associate with Mrs. Esox. On pain of death.

I just finished reading a report she wrote. Vacuous she is not. I complimented her, but she's crabby due to Christmas cooking, cleaning, and shopping pressures. I'm steering clear for most of the rest of the day by doing my grocery shopping.

Kevin

Is it wrong that I had to look the meaning of that word up?

Yes. I suppose you could try to pass it off as an American idiom, but that would be stretching.

Could I pretend that English isn't my first language?
That could work...

You could claim Irish, I suppose. That's the current term for what we Yankees think of as Gaelic, isn't it?

One gathers you aren't majoring in the humanities.

Indeed. Irish gaelic.
Is fearr Gaeilge briste na Bearla cliste.

One would be correct in that assumption.

yum! I just made a delicious chedder cheese and onion bread. I love the bread machine
That sounds fantastic!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back