Official Golfing Weather Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oops! Done.

I'm home sick today and its windy, so I may or may not go out and play today :(

it was cold on the course today and the temp was the same as yesterday... it felt much colder because of the wind... 42*

A big storm and cold weather was supposed to move through Wednesday. Instead, it was a little overcast and 71°.

I spent 3.5 hours at the range/chipping green/putting green for the second day in a row.

I am sore and blistered.

A big storm and cold weather was supposed to move through Wednesday. Instead, it was a little overcast and 71°.

I spent 3.5 hours at the range/chipping green/putting green for the second day in a row.

I am sore and blistered.

Are we supposed to feel sorry for you?

really sunny... slightly breezy... 40*

About the same here with 6 inches of snow on the ground.

That allows for a nice, icy surface tomorrow morning.

They just said on the news that they are expecting between 4 to 14 inches of snow. Way to narrow it down!

We had about a couple of hours of sleet before the snow came. We don't have much here yet. I had to take my niece and nephew home though and people were driving like there was a foot or more out there.

We didn't see much either. Most people stayed in. The news said that most churches cancelled Christmas Eve services.

I probably drove by or past only 50 or 60 cars and we were on I-435 most of the way.

Are we supposed to feel sorry for you?

Never. Don't ever want anyone feeling sorry for me.

I posted these in the Bettinardi BB8 unboxing thread, but for those who don't visit those threads, I thought they might be interested.

Tuesday, December 23rd = 71° and sunny:

photo-17.jpg

Wednesday, December 24th = Not 71° or sunny:

photo-18.jpg

Got about 9 inches over the past day or so. Hard to tell exactly because the wind is just blowing and drifting the snow. Here is a picture I took this morning in my backyard. The snow has drifted up and over the 6 foot fence.

DSCN0662.jpg

Just returned from playing 9 holes in nice weather, shorts, and short sleeves. as long as there is now wind, and the sun is shining bright, it is not cold. :clapp:

We actually played the course nearest to us for a little 9 hole action, was a high of 70* with NO ONE on the course, we finished in about an hour and 15 minutes :clapp:

Got about 9 inches over the past day or so. Hard to tell exactly because the wind is just blowing and drifting the snow. Here is a picture I took this morning in my backyard. The snow has drifted up and over the 6 foot fence.

DSCN0662.jpg

I'm not looking forward to making the trip home tomorrow in all of that, lol. Pretty picture though. From what I hear they have 29 closed going your way and just closed 80 from Lincoln to Grandisland, but have not confirmed it yet.

MO, Smallie and Duey - Drive safely. We may get freezing rain tonight or possibly just rain. No one seems to know.

Will do Diane, hope we don't have another night in this motel!

Kind of wierd, lol. Nothing in the fridge!

Today is just awesome. Its like 65 right now and is going to warm up a little bit more. Sunny skies. Going to play 18 this afternoon and finish reviewing another set of irons and putter that will go up this week hopefully. Then it is on to driver shoot out testing.

Have fun JB. I'm getting ready to go out and shovel off a couple more inches of snow since I cleared the driveway yesterday. I'll trade you chores!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back