Status
Not open for further replies.
I read this yesterday and had mixed emotions on it. He didn't belong here. That's obvious. But to keep him and then let him walk is what bothers me. He had value that was worth taking on even in his arbitration years. Now not so much. Regardless, he's gone

Lots of closers will be hitting free agency, should help drive his price DOWN

Id love to see Smith step in and us pick up one more solid reliever and hope Pestano regains form

Lots of closers will be hitting free agency, should help drive his price DOWN

Id love to see Smith step in and us pick up one more solid reliever and hope Pestano regains form

If Pestano gets healthy, he's the guy. His stuff is down right nasty. Smith would be a great set up man

Didn't take long and not surprising. Still it is getting the Red Sox offseason off to a good start.

te5y5y2u.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How does everyone feel about the known PED abuser being the MVP?

Didn't realize Barry Bonds came out of retirement.

and the Mets declined Johan Santana's small club option of $25 mil....bad move

And I think all the poor guy gets is a $5 million buyout...

World Series.

So Papi and steroid abuser? The key word there is use of the word "abuser". Abuser would insinuate extended and repeated used of steroid. Outside of failed test from 10 years ago - what evidence do you have that is consistent with "abusing"?

Any proof of this? Suspicion hovering around a lot of guys....

So Papi and steroid abuser? The key word there is use of the word "abuser". Abuser would insinuate extended and repeated used of steroid. Outside of failed test from 10 years ago - what evidence do you have that is consistent with "abusing"?

You are right.

User would have probably been a better choice of words.

That was when the testing was substandard and a lot of the samples were tainted. So who really knows???

I'm honestly just curious as to how people view this. Short of the Phillies I like seeing the Sox win. It just always seems odd to me how certain people get crucified for testing positive and others seem to fade away as if they had never done anything wrong.

Take Andy Pettite for example.

I'm honestly just curious as to how people view this. Short of the Phillies I like seeing the Sox win. It just always seems odd to me how certain people get crucified for testing positive and others seem to fade away as if they had never done anything wrong.

with Ortiz being a huge fan favorite I'm sure it helps to muddy to muddy the waters around any possible PED scandal.

It honestly think it is how they handle it

Giambi came forward as did McGwire (eventually) and others. They seem to be the ones that people have forgiven.

Guys like Clemens, A-Rod and Bonds - their refusal to step forward and just admit to making a mistake - will cost them in the long run.

Papi took ownership for his alleged mistake and there has been no evidence of any wrongdoing since.

Been saying this all along. How many failed tests does Arod have? ZERO. But he is an a-hole so it's okay. It's weird to me as well.

Been saying this all along. How many failed tests does Arod have? ZERO. But he is an a-hole so it's okay. It's weird to me as well.

I believe he did fail a test because this is his second go around with MLB and steroids. Either he failed a test or it was leaked - either way he did come clean that he did use.

Problem is this second time around, which is a mess.

And he is a jerk.

Ortiz's name was on a list with like 100 other dudes. My understanding was that 45 samples went into making up this list. How is that possible? Was each sample 2.2 guys peeing into the same cup? I am not saying that he never did anything wrong, but if he were a habitual steroid user, he would have been run out of Boston long ago. The man has been pretty darn consistent from year to year (with no ridiculous 70 HR seasons or nothing like 50 HRs for Brady Anderson) during his career as a full-time starter.

I believe he did fail a test because this is his second go around with MLB and steroids. Either he failed a test or it was leaked - either way he did come clean that he did use.

Problem is this second time around, which is a mess.

And he is a jerk.

He admitted it to one of the female talk show hosts that he used for part of a season with the Rangers and begged to be judged from that point forward. Then came Biogenesis....

It honestly think it is how they handle it

Giambi came forward as did McGwire (eventually) and others. They seem to be the ones that people have forgiven.

Guys like Clemens, A-Rod and Bonds - their refusal to step forward and just admit to making a mistake - will cost them in the long run.

Papi took ownership for his alleged mistake and there has been no evidence of any wrongdoing since.

I've never seen this. Could you link me to somewhere where he has admitted he took PED's? I've only seen excuses.

I've never seen this. Could you link me to somewhere where he has admitted he took PED's? I've only seen excuses.

He did a press conference where he took ownership for making a mistake. Never said PEDs but I will see if I can find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back