What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best ball striking I've had in a long time and horrible score, I just don't get it. Driver wad straight and hot hit all but two fw's, crisp irons with a baby draw, but a couple missed shots front and back created crazy high scores. Putter was hot and cold.

Tough, long par 4 second shot here from 162 up hill, made putt for birdie:
eqatugem.jpg

Played 9 with my pro, and shot 43. He shot 38.

Completely horrible today, I ended up with a 98, I couldn't do anything right. Hopefully Saturday is better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shot 40 today. two bogeys and a double. Was the first round back with the Razr X Forged irons back in the bag and also was on a course with pretty much no yardage markers without a rangefinder.

90 (46/44) today. With rental clubs, immediately after getting off a 4 hour flight, and after a terrible range session Saturday, putting with my glove on and running from the green to the cart so I could get in the whole round before it got dark, I manage that score when I'm usually in the mid 90's.

Golf is baffling, and some times that's a good thing.

Taps away

Played 18 today and equalled my PB with a -1 35 on the front and a +4 40 on the back for a +3 75 and 44 stableford points. First time ive ever finished a nine under par I was stocked. It was our mid monthly and a beautiful sunny day about 20degress and only a slight breeze. I won the vouchers for my division by I think 6 points. I think my handicap might be coming down with the 64 net.

90 today with three triples!!!! 47 on front 44 on back. Trying to get rounds in while I can. Cold weather is almost here!

Played 18 today and equalled my PB with a -1 35 on the front and a +4 40 on the back for a +3 75 and 44 stableford points. First time ive ever finished a nine under par I was stocked. It was our mid monthly and a beautiful sunny day about 20degress and only a slight breeze. I won the vouchers for my division by I think 6 points. I think my handicap might be coming down with the 64 net.

solid round buddy!

Finale broke 80 again, marked a 78 after about 10 days of not even touching my clubs.
On the back 9 I shot 8 pars and a triple :/
On the front 9 I shot 4 bogeys, no birdies, 5 pars.

Par is 71 ;)
Today I played again.
Shot 40 on the front, 37 on the back: 77!

Played qualifying, had 40 stableford so I'm down to 11.2 now :)

Missed just one fairway, but also had just 10 GIR.. I know what needs work :D

Last edited:
Some good scores hitting this thread!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

42/41 83 on one tough arse course with freshy punched & sanded greens. Strong North breeze with actual temps in the upper 50's, but felt like 40's. I had over 40 putts today and still shot low 80's, lol. Could have went low today, but making putts and chips on these greens was almost impossible keeping a bal on line.

Congrats on your pb ! Did you say 20 degrees?

Yeah that is 20 degrees Celsius.

Shot a crap 84 today, how does one add 10 shots to a round over night. My putts that were dropping yesterday the same ones today just weren't. Pared the first hole and I thought this will be a good round, then next hole tee shot OB and never really got any better.

Fired off a fortunate 41/40 81 today. Game was not very sharp and I was missing greens all over the place but I was pitching and chipping very well which saved me oodles of strokes. On the plus side I only chunked one iron shot today which has really been a struggle lately.
11 Fwys
8 GIR
1 Penalty

Can't wait to get out again!

As a slight coincedince, yesterday was my 24th anniversary. As a result, I'm going to predict an 80 for you tomorrow. That's 8 (the second number of my daughters age 18) plus 2 (the first number of 24). I may be all wet, but that is my wish for you. What have you got to lose right?

assuming you play a par 70. Why was I thinking a par 70? I do not know.

JM
Turns out par was 72 and I shot 83. So, you weren't far off. Thanks for the well wishes. Now comes the tougher challenge, the Sarasota Gauntlet! First tee time is 7 am and I'm usually just getting up around then (retired). We drew Freddie (Tadashi), THP's swing guru himself and knightlightpro right out of the chute and the first tee time. Should be fun if I wake up in time. Then 18 more in the afternoon. Big challenges for an old coot.

Good luck vman hit em straight

Turns out par was 72 and I shot 83. So, you weren't far off. Thanks for the well wishes. Now comes the tougher challenge, the Sarasota Gauntlet! First tee time is 7 am and I'm usually just getting up around then (retired). We drew Freddie (Tadashi), THP's swing guru himself and knightlightpro right out of the chute and the first tee time. Should be fun if I wake up in time. Then 18 more in the afternoon. Big challenges for an old coot.
Regardless, you will have fun. Freddie is a true gentleman and a great guy to share a round of golf with. While I have not met Knighlightpro yet, I'm sure he's a great guy too. Keep it in front of you and play your game. Have a blast too!

JM

A very ugly 93 with 37 total putts and two 4-putts. <facelalm>

Shot par today. 72. Three birds, three bogeys, and a hole bunch of pars. I made a couple monster putts and nearly holed out from 120 yards. Great stuff for this time of year, course is in solid shape.

Shot par today. 72. Three birds, three bogeys, and a hole bunch of pars. I made a couple monster putts and nearly holed out from 120 yards. Great stuff for this time of year, course is in solid shape.

Nobody likes a bragger!

I'm kidding buddy! That's awesome!

Just call me...Barb
First official '15 Morgan cup hopeful.
(Gonna work on the game!)

C'mon man, you're better than that! Ha. Congrats on the round!

38 for nine holes with my teenager who broke 50 for the first time. Dropped a huge par putt on the first hole that set the tone for the round. Hit my first ever 300 yard drive on the par 5 sixth and birdied that hole. My son hit the flagstick from 80 yards out on the third hole--unfortunately it was for par and he bogeyed the hole. Good time and good bonding with him.

46/41. The front 9 was a putting nightmare, the back improved a bit. Course was almost empty, is 60 really too cold to play golf in TX ? :bulgy-eyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back