The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rant is I can't make the Ultimate Testing, due to conflict with work. So once again I will be loving vicariously through others posts and picts.

Were you going on 75? The whole interstate was blocked bc of a wreck in Kennesaw.

Nope. I was sitting outside my office in midtown. Traffic didn't move in any direction for about 20min. Then it started moving incredibly slow. It took over an hour to get home, and I live about six miles from my office. Pretty rough.

My wife and I want to switch our healthcare plans this upcoming year. Problem is her open enrollment ends December 2nd. My company is so far behind because they are looking at all their options, they won't even begin our open enrollment meetings until the week of December 2nd. We're currently using my company's plan. Eff!

My wife and I want to switch our healthcare plans this upcoming year. Problem is her open enrollment ends December 2nd. My company is so far behind because they are looking at all their options, they won't even begin our open enrollment meetings until the week of December 2nd. We're currently using my company's plan. Eff!

Could be worse. You could be trying to get on the exchange.

All right...it's story time in the hopes it may benefit our young golfing Jedi, JT.
(Everyone else can ignore this part LOL)

My wife and I were dating for a year when I joined the Air Force (1988). It took me a few months to actually leave for basic but we had every intention of sticking it out and seeing if it would work. She even visited me in Colorado when I was in technical training after basic. It was all going well, until that day I got orders to Germany.

We talked about it (BIG phone bills, remember the timeframe here....no cells or PCs) a lot and decided we were both too young (21 and 19) and dumb to get married just because I was going overseas. So, as crappy as it was, we broke up and I left. We kept in touch through letters and I visited her when I transfered from Germany to Phoenix, AZ. Now stateside, we could chat on the phone on occasion again, and did, and I would visit for a short while when I came home for holidays and such from AZ. Whlie all this is going on, for almost 5 years, we both end up dating again, and actually are in some pretty serious relationships, but we just remained friends throught that time.

Now, it's Christmas of 1992 and I go home to visit the family. She and I went out one night for our annual catch-up when something hit me. She was still pretty cool to hang out with; probably cooler than ever. So, we go out again, and again, and I ended up spending time with her something like 8 of the 14 days I was home on vacation.

Back in Phoenix the phone bills start piling up because now we're pretty much dating by phone. I'd broken it off with my girl (turns out she was cra-zazy!) and my wife was second-guessing her own deal. Phone call after phone call, letter after letter, we 'dated' until I went home again in the spring of 1993. Things had seriously evolved and I figured, WTH, and asked her to marry me. Pretty much on a whim at this point, she said yes. So, back in Phoenix, she arrives for a visit in the dead of summer and I pick her up in my '73 Nova with vinyl seats, AM radio, and NO A/C. She stayed in my dorm room that night and the next day we went to the Justice of the Peace and got hitched up. We moved what very littel I owned into a very small apartment that weekend.

We've now been married over twenty years!

Why tell that obnoxiously boring and pointless to everyone story? Because my wife always said, all the way back to the day I got those orders to go overseas, "if it was meant to be, it will be" and it's something that came true. I guess it was meant to be.

Seriously, our whole relationship was based on "If you love it, set it free. If it comes back, it was ....blah blah blah..." you know the story.

If it wasn't, there are a billion other chicks out there.

Great Story Toad! Time & timing are critical things bro! I am remarried to a great woman. We discussed how we were in high school. and even met friends of each others who could confirm we were who we thought we were then. Turns out that she was a "preppy" ( this is in the early - mid 80's ) in HS, and absolutely detested girls like that in HS. She was beautiful in HS, ( still is ) and I was shy, and small through my first 2 1/2 years of HS. No way would I have even gotten a second look back then! Just funny to think if we would have met then, no way would have things worked out. After both of us got beaten down a little by life ( ex's who really are crazy / worthless ) we met on match.com and I can honestly say she is the single greatest thing after my 2 boys in my life.

Sometimes you just have to let things run their course, and they usually work themselves out!

WHY?? WHY?? Why would you answer and stay on a conference call on the main call at work? That is what transferring to an extension is for. Well, guess I won't be answering the phone and talking to customers for an hour or so...

Dr. Oz needs to be renamed Dr. Tool. This guy tells so many "half-truths" to people, getting them to buy this and that, or to change this and that. It's absolutely crazy the way that people model their lives around our hang on every word he says. He is one of the many problems with America today. Albeit a small one. But he's there.

Sorry. Random blurb rant.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Had my review today at work. Lets just say my supervisor and I don't see eye to eye.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Had my review today at work. Lets just say my supervisor and I don't see eye to eye.

Kick him in the jimmy!

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

Kick him in the jimmy!

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

That would certainly make me feel a lot better but my career at my current job (21 years) would probably be cut short. Thanks Bullfrog, you made me laugh out loud! I needed that

Had my interview for a similar position with a different company.. sort of eye opening. I hate what I do now, and where I work, but sadly it doesn't look like this new position will be much different.

I really want an opportunity to work in an office with co-workers again. Being cooped up in an office by myself all day and running the whole show isn't all that interesting to me anymore.

My phone only has 3% battery left and my girlfriend has my charger. Going dark until I can't recharge.

My head is going 9,000 MPH.

Such a crazy day.

One of my salesman hands me a cash deal to do, but I have to deliever a finance deal right then. I tell him I'll do it right after, but it would probably be 5:15/5:30 before its done...he gets a huffy and says, "But tonights my short night!" (off at 5:30) I tell him he might have to stay a little to deliever the truck. He leaves, customers are done in my office around 5:40-ish. They ask me "Can someone help syncing up our phones, because "Ron" said he had to leave." I WAS PISSED! I kept my cool and said I would. So i go out, sync their phones and deliever the truck. I ask the other salesman there, where "Ron" was. Oh, he left at 5:30 he says.
So I don't want to be "that guy" but I was tonight. I called the sales manager who has the weekend off to let her know what happened. Don't get me wrong, I'm a team player, but you don't leave your customers in the my finance office and then expect me to do your job for you. That is a huge pet peave of mine and makes the dealership look bad on top of that. SMH

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Rant: Being the one that can separate emotion out of the equation. Usually results in bad guy status.

Rant: Being the one that can separate emotion out of the equation. Usually results in bad guy status.

Welcome to my world.
Its lonely, but you can lay your head down at night and know you are doing the right thing.

But it's a short lived status dude, in due time the equation becomes balanced when calmer heads prevail. That's my experience anyway.

2nd night in a row with no sleep. Baby has been up crying all night. She has another virus with a high temp. I feel so bad for her. But to attempt to be positive here we are cuddling in the bed watching the Wizard of Oz so it isn't all bad.

2nd night in a row with no sleep. Baby has been up crying all night. She has another virus with a high temp. I feel so bad for her. But to attempt to be positive here we are cuddling in the bed watching the Wizard of Oz so it isn't all bad.

Sorry to hear and I hope she feels better soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Freakin town homes. I know it's not even 10 PM but my little girl is sleeping and this base line sucks anyways. I will never share a wall with other people ever again. I'm giving them until 10:30.

Freakin town homes. I know it's not even 10 PM but my little girl is sleeping and this base line sucks anyways. I will never share a wall with other people ever again. I'm giving them until 10:30.

I hated sharing a wall. I did it four times many years ago and always hated it.

I hated sharing a wall. I did it four times many years ago and always hated it.

It's the first time I've experienced it and I won't ever do it again. I can hear my neighbors going up and down their stairs. It's a nice place and the rent is affordable but it's not worth it.

I'm losing my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back