The 2013-14 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to see tOSU replace Fickell with Muschamp. Their defense is looking better but is by far the weakest part of the team.

Those damn Auburn fans.

I was merely using that as an example based on the reasoning that has been given in this thread as to why Saban, Fisher or Urban should not win it. Auburn's coach has done a great job this year, just not sure how one can overlook the 3 teams actually competing right now for the big one.

I'd like to see tOSU replace Fickell with Muschamp. Their defense is looking better but is by far the weak part of the team.

I'd approve of that...defense has been bad the last 2 years...just as we get some offense

Miller
How can Jimbo Fisher not be in your conversation?

Irrelevant team for a decade all of the sudden arguably the best in the nation.

I think teams that are preseason Top 10 or 5 are expected to win, so while their coach has to do a great job to get them in the BCS Championship Game, I think that's their award (the BCS title). At least that's how I feel the voters look at it. I'll agree with others that have said this award should go to those teams who weren't expected to do much this year. Saban's the greatest coach of my generation (I just vomited a little) and Jimbo is great (I wanted him to make the jump to AU), I just don't think that's what this award is for. And no, it really doesn't matter who wins it, but if you look at the list JRod posted of COTY winners, not many of those guys were expected to do much with what they had at the time. Jimbo probably would have won it the first year he got FSU back to the BCS, if not for Chizik winning with Cam.

I was merely using that as an example based on the reasoning that has been given in this thread as to why Saban, Fisher or Urban should not win it. Auburn's coach has done a great job this year, just not sure how one can overlook the 3 teams actually competing right now for the big one.

Apparently it's easier to win year after year then have one miracle season....

I said he should be right in the middle of it earlier.
I will never understand why an underdog has to win it and if it does, how Jimbo Fisher is not the runaway winner. If not him, Urban or Saban should win it. Both schools are unbeaten, and in the conversation. Apparently a coach has to come to a team that stinks and then wins. I would assume that if Auburn coach wins it this year and then next year they go undefeated and win the national championship, none of the Auburn fans in this thread would think he deserves the coach of the year right?

My vote goes to Briles if they win tonight. It is not right, but the Winston mess will hurt Fisher and any other FSU award candidates.

I said he should be right in the middle of it earlier.
I will never understand why an underdog has to win it and if it does, how Jimbo Fisher is not the runaway winner. If not him, Urban or Saban should win it. Both schools are unbeaten, and in the conversation. Apparently a coach has to come to a team that stinks and then wins. I would assume that if Auburn coach wins it this year and then next year they go undefeated and win the national championship, none of the Auburn fans in this thread would think he deserves the coach of the year right?

Dude, get off your pedestal, I have simply made an argument for the coach of my team, I also have said there are many other coaches deserving.

Dude, get off your pedestal, I have simply made an argument for the coach of my team, I also have said there are many other coaches deserving.

What pedestal? Nevermind. Sometimes its just not worth it.

Good lord...Peace out.

Ok seriously who gives a crap about coach of the year, I mean really?

Roll OKstate

Miller
How can Jimbo Fisher not be in your conversation?

Irrelevant team for a decade all of the sudden arguably the best in the nation.

In FSU's worst season since 2000, they won 8 games. It's a step down when you're used to competing for national titles, but hardly irrelevant.

Roll OKstate

Agree with the not giving a crap about coach. Don't agree with the OK State sentiment though.

Roll OKstate

I brought it up because I have pride in my alma mater. I guess I should just retreat to the college basketball thread, right? Apparently only OSU/FSU/Alabama/Auburn fans can post about college football. ;-)

Anytime I hear 'pedestal', I think of the movie 40 Year Old Virgin. If you don't remember, YouTube it.

Lots of good football on tonight. Enjoy it.

Why is everyone getting so butt hurt in here.

I have taken grief from all of you SEC homers for like 4 years now and I'm still ok.

I brought it up because I have pride in my alma mater. I guess I should just retreat to the college basketball thread, right? Apparently only OSU/FSU/Alabama/Auburn fans can post about college football. ;-)

Bringing it up is fine and not directed at u but it's gotten carried away as it always does In here

Anytime I hear 'pedestal', I think of the movie 40 Year Old Virgin. If you don't remember, YouTube it.

Lots of good football on tonight. Enjoy it.

First thing I thought of too.

I like watching Baylor punt...it's awesome

Wow not even close on 4th and 1

Tough call to make giving Baylor half the field is tough to do

Dropped INT...dang it

And u now pay the price...ugggh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back