Electronics Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it looks like I'll be getting a Nexus 5 tomorrow. I can get it for 50 bucks on a really reasonable (relatively speaking) plan so it's really the only route that makes sense for me right now.

Any of you guys rocking a Nexus 5 and have any thoughts? I know it's quite new but figured I'd check.

Army remind me to update you in the morning. Been rocking it for 3 days now.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

:act-up: 1st off,,black Friday was a let down this year,,hardly no big sales. Infact I just ordered a 40" 1080p samsung for $50 bucks off online,, $50 ..that was it. Honestly , that $50 wouldn't break me. I might as well paid full price..

2nd can we do gifs on an ipad and post on this forum? Are gifs possible on an ipad?

a sad Black Friday..IMOIMO

I never get this complaint about the ram. If the os is optimized and manages memory efficiently, what's the problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because sadly, not all apps are. Working with some larger ram hogging things, can really slow some machines down.
And at the current price point, there is just no reason to skimp.

That's awesome Dawg, and that's a really good deal. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on it when you get it.

Just wait until you really dive in with the pen. Its features are awesome. I have been using it for a lot of photo stuff myself.

Stupid question coming, how do you download apps on this thing ?

Look at a current app you have called play store, that will have most everything you need. Also check out the Amazon marketplace

Thanks buddy, I appreciate it.

Amazon also has the free app of the day thst is worth checking each morning. Found some great stuff on it.

I am curious and going to throw this out there. I am getting a tablet for Christmas, but trying to decide which to get is - well flooded at this point.

I hear people saying iPad, some saying Nexus. What truly is the best tablet out there ??

I hear the new Apple Nexus Note 9 is going to be the best!

I am curious and going to throw this out there. I am getting a tablet for Christmas, but trying to decide which to get is - well flooded at this point.

I hear people saying iPad, some saying Nexus. What truly is the best tablet out there ??

There's not really a best per say. It comes down to preferred operating system, screen size, storage needed, etc.

There's not really a best per say. It comes down to preferred operating system, screen size, storage needed, etc.

The best was probably me wondering out loud. I am very interested in the Nexus and Samsung, but with me using iTunes is that gong to be an issue.

Also I want to be able to bring to basketball games when I am covering them so I like the idea of a keyboard attachment. Was trying to research - do the Nexus or Samsung have that capability?

Well it looks like I'll be getting a Nexus 5 tomorrow. I can get it for 50 bucks on a really reasonable (relatively speaking) plan so it's really the only route that makes sense for me right now.

Any of you guys rocking a Nexus 5 and have any thoughts? I know it's quite new but figured I'd check.

Army, so far the Nexus 5 has been really good. Love the minimalistic Nexus experience. As someone who just uses a phone for every day stuff such as emails, texting, social network sites and tapatalk, it's very, very smooth. Has everything I need with nothing I don't.

The size and weight are a good combination. Was comparing it to my friend's S4 last night and size wise they're very similar, with the Nexus being slightly lighter in weight.

The only downfall I see is the battery life. It's not bad, so far I've been able to go from wake up to bed time, so (7-11ish) each day, even yesterday with fairly heavy usage compared to my normal usage. Though I can see it being a problem if you're someone who relies on their phone for work and play 12-13 hours a day.

Overall a really good package for someone who is looking for a phone that doesn't really excel in any area, but does everything really well.

The best was probably me wondering out loud. I am very interested in the Nexus and Samsung, but with me using iTunes is that gong to be an issue.

Also I want to be able to bring to basketball games when I am covering them so I like the idea of a keyboard attachment. Was trying to research - do the Nexus or Samsung have that capability?

I have a Nexus 5 and getting music from computer to device is super easy. After setting it up, which took maybe 2-3min, it's as easy as just plugging it in, no different than Ipod or Iphone.

It's all usage dependent, in my opinion. Also, depends on how much you want to spend. Some of the Android tablets that are rolling out are right on par with the iPads, and a fraction of the cost.

And input on the Nexus 7 camera from anybody?

The nexus 7 camera is decent. To be fair I find most tablet cameras average at best.

To answer the question of the best tablet. It's impossible. So many sizes and functions. It's hard to find any that do what the Note tablets are capable of.

Check out a program called DoubleTwist, handles the conversion of all of your iTunes music well and syncs with any Android device.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I plan to stop at BB this weekend and see if I can pick up this deal in store. I hate to agree to a 2-year contract extension, but, no other service works in my home area, so where am I going?

Same here but I got to thinking what is the big deal? Am I really going to need to upgrade within that 2 year window? My Infuse is almost 3 years old and I would not even be thinking upgrade if the operating system would run Vine.

Army, so far the Nexus 5 has been really good. Love the minimalistic Nexus experience. As someone who just uses a phone for every day stuff such as emails, texting, social network sites and tapatalk, it's very, very smooth. Has everything I need with nothing I don't.

The size and weight are a good combination. Was comparing it to my friend's S4 last night and size wise they're very similar, with the Nexus being slightly lighter in weight.

The only downfall I see is the battery life. It's not bad, so far I've been able to go from wake up to bed time, so (7-11ish) each day, even yesterday with fairly heavy usage compared to my normal usage. Though I can see it being a problem if you're someone who relies on their phone for work and play 12-13 hours a day.

Overall a really good package for someone who is looking for a phone that doesn't really excel in any area, but does everything really well.

Thanks for the input. After reading a few things online it sounds like this phone will do everything I need very well but I am a little concerned about the camera. I read this review at http://www.androidcentral.com/nexus-5-initial-photo-and-video-samples and it seems to be putting me at ease a bit. It may not be the best camera but it's definitely 'OK'. I really like the minimalist approach with their UI and the price can't be beat right now.

Thanks for the input. After reading a few things online it sounds like this phone will do everything I need very well but I am a little concerned about the camera. I read this review at http://www.androidcentral.com/nexus-5-initial-photo-and-video-samples and it seems to be putting me at ease a bit. It may not be the best camera but it's definitely 'OK'. I really like the minimalist approach with their UI and the price can't be beat right now.

Give me about an hour and I'll take and upload some photos if you would like? I've been using the HDR+ function and they've been just as good as my One X

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

My POS Asus tablet magically started working today gonna ride it out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back