Emirates Australian Open

Status
Not open for further replies.

malemotives

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 17.4
Adam Scott is burning up the course. He is a great golfer and I could probably warm up to him as a fan were I not in the camp that sees his putter as a cheat crutch. Yeah, I know.... there are those who think differently. It's a no win argument... except that the PGA has spoken.

Anyway... I am pulling for Rory.

Adam Scott is playing great in the last 4 weeks (2 wins, team win in the World Cup) and I can't see that ending for tomorrows final round. It looks like a 2 horse race, I think the others are too far back. It is good to see Rory getting his game back, hopefully that will continue into 2014. Like you, I am not a fan of the anchored putter but I am sure that has been discussed here previously so I won't go there.

Scott and McIlroy battle again in the last group tonight at 8:50pm EST. Scott increased his lead by two shots and I don't see him losing this one.

it's nice to see some signs of life out of rory's golf game

it's nice to see some signs of life out of rory's golf game

Just watched Rory play an awful hole for double. Got pretty on a chip. Hopefully he can hold it together and get his game back in gear.

I saw that last night. He should've chutted it. It gets better on the back 9.

Dave, you're not wrong about Scott. He's in fantastic form but that putter of his puts me right off him. I'm not wanting to get into an argument over the ban but I am keen to see how he and everyone else does in 2016.
As for this tournament, Scott seems almost untouchable and I can't see him throwing it away. Rory has flashes of brilliance but is it just or has his swing changed, for the worse I should add?

Game on!!

Rory is hooking that driver again today.

Rory has charged on the front nine to tie it up with Adam Scott.

If this was a PGA Tour event, this forum would be hopping with this showdown in the final round. Glad to see Rory playing better, it's a good sign for his form going into 2014.

Just realized the final round is on Golf Channel now. Could it be any better than seeing Scott and Rory battle one another in a final round?

This back 9 is gonna be great.

This back 9 is gonna be great.

I'm really looking forward to it. First time I've sat down really looking forward to watching golf in a long time it seems.

I thought those were automatic birdies.

Come on Rors, one behind but in prime position on the par 5, 13'th hole.

Two make able eagle putts on 13

Scott is hanging on to a 1 shot lead with 4 to go.

Dave, you're not wrong about Scott. He's in fantastic form but that putter of his puts me right off him. I'm not wanting to get into an argument over the ban but I am keen to see how he and everyone else does in 2016.
As for this tournament, Scott seems almost untouchable and I can't see him throwing it away. Rory has flashes of brilliance but is it just or has his swing changed, for the worse I should add?

Why would you guys not like him just because of his putter?

Wow another lip out for Scott. C'mon Rory!!

Could it be, a playoff? Come on Rors, get 'er done.

I think so. Cant believe Scott went over the green?!?!

Chutt it!!!! Lol

Totally riveted to this after the UCLA-USC game ended.

Thats a nasty putt from down there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back