sherwoodnatl

Reaction score
Handicap
Ive been wondering if anyone has played this ball...I made a thread about my golf ball fitting and review and hit the ONE Tour but never got the chance to hit the tour D.

How does it play? Fair amount of spin? Distance? Feel? Comparisions?

Any help is appreciated

Perfect! Sounds like the Srixon Z Star X i occassionally play. I think im going to grab a box.

Very similar ball in my testing, although I did find the Z-Star X to have a little bit more greenside spin. Both extremely high quality and geared towards distance on the premium level.

Very similar ball in my testing, although I did find the Z-Star X to have a little bit more greenside spin. Both extremely high quality and geared towards distance on the premium level.

Spin isnt my priority, while control and good feel are important. This ball looks to fall right into that category.

Spin isnt my priority, while control and good feel are important. This ball looks to fall right into that category.

That is probably why you found the E5+ so preferable. You may find that a 2 piece ball will benefit you the best in control and you can still get some decent spin especially out of those 2 piece balls with a soft urethane cover.

And lets not forget the money savings as well.

I use the One Tour D. I do notice a bit of distance over the One Tour, more than was recorded by the reviewer. One Tour is still a bit too short for me. Especially with the irons, I am about 3-5 yards shorter with the One Tour.

I would agree that the One Tour spins more. When I play golf at dryer courses I will consider using the One Tour because the spin is so good. Everyday golf for me though the Tour D has enough spin plus the extra distance to be my everyday ball.

I have been using the Power Distance Soft as my winter time ball, but it really lacks spin. If it is really wet then it is great, if it dries out then I have to switch back to the Tour D.

most places have the the Nike Tour line of balls on a 2 boxes for $60 deal right now. i bought 2 boxes but haven't tried them yet since the weather hasn't cooperated lately.

gppgolf.com had them for $25 a dozen before the New Year, I'm assuming they still do...

They still do and it might be different for everyone else, but shipping is the same whether I order one or four boxes.

I use the One Tour D. I do notice a bit of distance over the One Tour, more than was recorded by the reviewer. One Tour is still a bit too short for me. Especially with the irons, I am about 3-5 yards shorter with the One Tour.

I would agree that the One Tour spins more. When I play golf at dryer courses I will consider using the One Tour because the spin is so good. Everyday golf for me though the Tour D has enough spin plus the extra distance to be my everyday ball.

I have been using the Power Distance Soft as my winter time ball, but it really lacks spin. If it is really wet then it is great, if it dries out then I have to switch back to the Tour D.

Hows the feel? and have any comparisons to other balls?

Hows the feel? and have any comparisons to other balls?

I would rate the feel as average. Not as good the One Tour for chipping and putting.

I have tried the Pro V1, Z-Star, TP Red/Black, and Tour i and ix. I liked the One Tour D better then all the other balls.

versus Pro V1. I used liked the Pro V1's feel during chipping and putting, not anymore. I did feel that Titleist did a decent job improving the ball with regards to scuffing, but ever since the lawsuit with Callaway I have not felt that the Pro V1 has been impressive. The feel around the greens has not been nearly as good and I felt that the distance was average with the other balls.

versus Z-Star. I initially liked the Z-Star, it seemed to perform alright around the greens. I think this ball is pretty similar to the Tour D, but I felt I got a little more distance out of the Tour D.

versus TP Red/Black. I really am not a fan of the feel of these balls, especially the Black, that seems to just shoot off my putter face like it was launched from a cannon. I felt with the Red that I was losing some distance in my longer irons with this ball. I tried the Red for a while, almost 3 months of last season but in the end the feel was not good enough. This season I will try out the Penta.

Tour ix is TERRIBLE around the greens. Tour i is better but still not great. It is very similar to the Z-Star to me. A touch short off the irons.

Hope this helps.

I would rate the feel as average. Not as good the One Tour for chipping and putting.

I have tried the Pro V1, Z-Star, TP Red/Black, and Tour i and ix. I liked the One Tour D better then all the other balls.

versus Pro V1. I used liked the Pro V1's feel during chipping and putting, not anymore. I did feel that Titleist did a decent job improving the ball with regards to scuffing, but ever since the lawsuit with Callaway I have not felt that the Pro V1 has been impressive. The feel around the greens has not been nearly as good and I felt that the distance was average with the other balls.

versus Z-Star. I initially liked the Z-Star, it seemed to perform alright around the greens. I think this ball is pretty similar to the Tour D, but I felt I got a little more distance out of the Tour D.

versus TP Red/Black. I really am not a fan of the feel of these balls, especially the Black, that seems to just shoot off my putter face like it was launched from a cannon. I felt with the Red that I was losing some distance in my longer irons with this ball. I tried the Red for a while, almost 3 months of last season but in the end the feel was not good enough. This season I will try out the Penta.

Tour ix is TERRIBLE around the greens. Tour i is better but still not great. It is very similar to the Z-Star to me. A touch short off the irons.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.
I would suggest the Z-Star X. Sounds very similar to the ONE Tour D. I play the Z-Star X and loved it...i also love the Bridgestone E5. IMO, the ZStar X is the Z-Star around the greens with a touch more of distance.
BTW - I also really wasnt a fan of the Tour I/IX or TP Red for the same reasons as you. We seem to look for similar things in golf balls...so i have a feeling i will like the Tour D

Well... i played a bit with these today and...i must say, was impressed.
Very similar to the Z-Star X - has a little weaker feel but a yard or 2 of distance.
Its a very good ball, boring flight, solid spin and feel.
Good enough for me to add it to my 3 favorite balls on the market right now - (2010 B-Stone E5, Z-Star X, and the newcomer ONE Tour D)

Back