Birdieball Putting Greens

Thanks!! Just tried my luck with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saw this too...John retweeted my caption, so crossing my fingers.

Good luck to you guys too.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

This is so true. I can always tell when I don't make a good stroke and it usually leaves the putt short while well struck shots go just a little past the hole. From what I can tell working with this and a real green is that the speed of the birdieball green is pretty true to life.

Exactly!! if you catch one of the toe or heel it will definitely be short for me. I really like that kind of feedback. To me these create real putting practice and not just hitting putts like I felt like I was doing with my old putting mat.

Saw this too...John retweeted my caption, so crossing my fingers.

Good luck to you guys too.

Same here! Hopefully a THPer can win!

if I win i'll be giving away my 2x9!

Just threw a tweet at him. If I win it I'll do a contest for it and give it away here as the 4'x9' is perfect size for my room and this monster will be too big.

That'd be pretty nice of you guys. If I win I'm taping two together to have an 8x14 green and you're all invited to come use it!

Not really sure if I would, but wouldn't that be sweet??

Or 4x28!!

Mismike,
There are a bunch of is in the Stow area. We all need to connect for a winter outing. Indoor of course.

Ah, yes, Mac's Indoor Golf? Not to far from me, and good for when you need a quick winter golf fix.

Anyone have any good drills that they use for their Birdieball greens? Right now I use the whole alignment stick thing for staying on plane, but I am looking for a few more ideas. fwiw, I have the 13x4 if that changes anything.

I have a Triangulator that I am trying to use more with the green as well, but haven't figured out a good way to get everything to stay in place without putting too many holes in the green.

Anyone have any good drills that they use for their Birdieball greens? Right now I use the whole alignment stick thing for staying on plane, but I am looking for a few more ideas. fwiw, I have the 13x4 if that changes anything.

I have a Triangulator that I am trying to use more with the green as well, but haven't figured out a good way to get everything to stay in place without putting too many holes in the green.

I do a two sided, two layered, around the world type game....so I'll put 3 balls about 2 feet out one on the right, one middle and one left. Then do the same thing another 3 feet out . I do it on both sides (So twelve balls total, 6 on each side). I start with the closest one on the left side and work left to right....then to the second layer and then I turn around and do it on the other side. If I miss one, I stop and replace them and go again. I try to get three straight times of going through without missing.

Had some extra money sitting in my paypal from my Scotty fundraising and decided to order one yesterday. I picked up the 13.5 x 2. Ill cut off 3ft and make my own standing area. I'm really excited to get my putting in order over the winter. Customer service was outstanding...order was shipped within a few hrs.

Had some extra money sitting in my paypal from my Scotty fundraising and decided to order one yesterday. I picked up the 13.5 x 2. Ill cut off 3ft and make my own standing area. I'm really excited to get my putting in order over the winter. Customer service was outstanding...order was shipped within a few hrs.

Glad to hear this, I think you're really going to love it; has helped me so much already.

My dad putting together his new birdieball green we got him for Christmas....couldn't wait to give it to him

edurarug.jpg

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

My dad putting together his new birdieball green we got him for Christmas....couldn't wait to give it to him

edurarug.jpg

Looks good. What size is that?

Thirteen by four

Thirteen by four

Same size as the one I have in a sealed box that was delivered three weeks ago. It doesn't look as big as I imagined in my head. I really need to make room to roll it out.

Roll it! It is pretty large. :)

best gift ever dhart...

edurarug.jpg

Looks like he's in timeout for poor putting. What a cool gift. My dad seemed pretty jealous of my setup so I'm wondering if a BB green isn't in his future too.

Looks like he's in timeout for poor putting. What a cool gift. My dad seemed pretty jealous of my setup so I'm wondering if a BB green isn't in his future too.

dont you just love how they do that...hahaha. Hint Hint!

anywho, I got mine Saturday which is pretty quick. I ordered it Wednesday! I chose the updated shipping for $6 more, I have a patience issue :beauty:

My Thoughts:

At first you really think..did i really just pay $XX for a piece of foam but once you actually use it on the correct side, you will be happy with your purchase. I ordered the 13.5 x 2 with the intent on cutting it down to 10 x 2 and using the excess to stand on.The roll i believe is close to what they advertise. You can leave balls short so its not just some fast green surface. I have mine laying on carpet so the putts do not roll perfectly straight which is fine since im more so concerned with watching the lone go end over end and the distance. When you stand on the actual surface, it will definitely move and affect the putt. They added the edging for the cup sude but should probably include the other side as well. In my opinion, for Optimal putting practice you should do the following things if you have a basement or space to do so.

1) Build a platform for the surface (very easy to do some 2 x 4's and some mdf)
2) Use adhisive and bond the putting surface to the mdf so there is no movement when you stand on it.
3) Make a standing area.

Here is how im using it in my house for now, If I dont sell the house soon then ill build an elevated platform for it and take my own advice.

6SNeOHj.jpg

Im so glad i found this thread!

Yeah, he was putting the rubber part on the end of it. He was pretty excited about it. He's already a pretty good putter. With this all winter, I don't think anyone else is going to be winning the low putts contest on Sunday mornings anymore :p

Just saw on Facebook I won one of their contests and a gift card!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Just saw on Facebook I won one of their contests and a gift card!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Congratulations, nice win!

Back