The Happy Happy Joy Joy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goes without saying, but I'll say it anyway Dev. Same thing I told some of my boys on the DreamTeam. Whatever happens out there, you worked your butt off and gave it everything you had leading up to the event. Doing that guarantees you aren't letting your team down. Can't always control what happens on the golf course, but if you gave everything you had given your situation, you can be proud of yourself.

Starting early was huge for me in MC 2012 and I like that you're not wasting time. I predict some great things for you buddy!

It's been a long semester, if that makes sense, but after Thursday I will be one year from graduating with my Masters in Business.
Final tonight, final thursday and a few weeks of freedom.

Nice. Enjoy the downtime sir!

Nice. Enjoy the downtime sir!

I plan on it.
I plan on spending some quality range time over the break. Surprisingly over the past month playing a little less has helped me relax and shoot some better scores.

I think it's opened my eyes to a few things and I can't wait to practice those and then turn on the after burners when it warms back up in the spring.

See you on Friday.

very-merry.jpg

That's me ....way at the top of castle waving. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm fixing to go put in some serious work on course. This makes me happy.

#THPMC #TeamTHP

Enjoy it and play well buddy!

That's me ....way at the top of castle waving. :)

Wife and I were visiting her family for her grandfather's 75th birthday and we stopped by Polynesian to check out the MVMCP from the beach. I wondered if you were giving someone a shove out a window when she came down haha

Days like this one are what validate me as a SPED teacher. My Down's Syndrome student finally started to regularly verbalize even the slightest parts of the words we're teaching him....and he did it with a smile on his face. The kid has taken quite a few steps forward in his development, and it nearly brought me to tears today.

Pretty cool Nate.

That is great Nate.

The Happy Happy Joy Joy Thread

On the course right now and as I walk over to get my bag and head to the next tee box I see these on my THP Staff bag:

AB3FF557-9AF2-49C5-9221-8FDA5808521E_zpsddpnavdq.jpg

Oh the places THP has taken me, and it's only the beginning. That's a hell of a HHJJ.

Days like this one are what validate me as a SPED teacher. My Down's Syndrome student finally started to regularly verbalize even the slightest parts of the words we're teaching him....and he did it with a smile on his face. The kid has taken quite a few steps forward in his development, and it nearly brought me to tears today.

Thats great, Nate. My better half, Liz, is a special needs para here and has been for 18 years. I've tried and tried to get her to look at something else that might pay her just a little better, she won't even consider it. The good she see's from her efforts greatly out weighs the day to day struggles.

That's great man. You need to meet my wife she is a Pre K K and 1st grade Sped teacher and she loves it. It is an exhausting profession but it really feels great when you have a day like you did. Awesome

Great to hear stories like this, Nate. Inspiring stuff for sure.

Worked on a Golf Outing today for our benevolent fund and a non-profit, hopefully happening in May.

I am so glad it's back after not having it last yr. it's just an awesome day that does great things.

It takes special people for this job! The rewards are looked at by others as trivial sometimes., but to those that live this day in and day out, breakthroughs are huge! Congrats dude.

Took the kids to see Santa tonight. My older son gave Santa a hand-written letter (Kindergarten, so it's a new skill) which Santa later slipped back to me. Very impressed with how clear it all is, even though I see his homework all the time. Younger son sat in his lap without screaming and told him what he wanted...it is amazing to see how different that went this year versus last.

Just got a call to come speak to a church youth group with the possibility of a permanent position!

Just got a call to come speak to a church youth group with the possibility of a permanent position!

Nice dude! Hope everything works out for you.

Nice dude! Hope everything works out for you.

Thanks buddy, its been a long road here but its good to know the work towards this masters degree isnt for nothing!

Took the kids to see Santa tonight. My older son gave Santa a hand-written letter (Kindergarten, so it's a new skill) which Santa later slipped back to me. Very impressed with how clear it all is, even though I see his homework all the time. Younger son sat in his lap without screaming and told him what he wanted...it is amazing to see how different that went this year versus last.

I know it wasn't there, but I envision the note saying "Dear Santa -- Roll Tide"

I could give my wife a 10 caret diamond but it wouldn't compare to her smile when one of her kids makes a breakthrough. I will never understand how teachers, SPED in particular, do it.

Got word today that I project I jumped through hoops on just might be going my way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back