Stranded in Boston...open bar at Westin Waterfront

And fun time is over...hotel key in hand, $270 comp bar bill...feel like I've done my part for stranded travels everywhere. Goodnight ladies and gentlemen

Did you remember to tip the bartender?

Damn it, if I didn't have this baby around here, I would be at that bar to drink with you in no time at all. :banghead:

You can take a baby to a bar... that's like parenting 101 or something.

Wait, maybe that's why I keep getting all those strange looks?

And fun time is over...hotel key in hand, $270 comp bar bill...feel like I've done my part for stranded travels everywhere. Goodnight ladies and gentlemen
Wow, I'm surprised they agreed to cover it.

You can take a baby to a bar... that's like parenting 101 or something.

Wait, maybe that's why I keep getting all those strange looks?

Suppose it depends on where you are.

I brought my kid to the bars in Germany. Here he is in the Hofbrauhaus Munchen.

9b5k.jpg
ik39.jpg

Did you remember to tip the bartender?

Having spent a ton of time in my college years in service, absolutely. Gave him $60, which ignoring even %, I though was more than reasonable for 7 pours over ice. Wasn't like I was order laborious mixed drinks

So I was in Boston on business, at the airport to fly home to Richmond, and my flight was cancelled. I have a flight now tomorrow at 9am, and booked a night at the Westin Boston Waterfront. I get to hotel with a reserved confirmation, but apparent the hotel is having IT issues with its central hub, and they can't check me in. After waiting about 20 min, and being more than reasonable, I make them on offer. I'll wait as long as needed at the bar, but they pick up the tab.

So they foolishly agreed, and I'm now on my 3rd glass of Macallan 25. Another two, and my tab will exceed my corporate rate. I'm kind of hoping they don't figure it out for a while. It's been about an hour so far...

You sir..... Know how its done.

So awesome!!

You, Sir, are brilliant! And great choice in Scotch as well... well played

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

This is one of the greatest stories I've ever heard. I want to shake your hand.

NICE! MaCallan 25 or any MaCallan older than that is nice! Very well played! Hope you slept well last night!

This is the most epic win I have even seen. Mad props!

Back