Hopkins Golf VL Pro Golf Balls

Has anyone actually played with these yet?

Has anyone actually played with these yet?

Probably not, since the only people that probably have them yet are in the ice encrusted mid-west. Mine will be delivered on Tuesday, so I'll take a few to the practice green to pitch, chip and putt with them, but won't get to play a round until Friday.

Mine are scheduled to be delivered Wednesday, but will just be used for putting in the basement for now. We have 6 inches of snow on top of another inch of ice.

I don't have a shipping confirmation for mine yet but hopefully I will have mine by Thursday so I can take them out with Bullitt and we can compare our thoughts on them!!!

I will hopefully have mine this week and will be playing a round a week from today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

No option for shipping anywhere but the States and Canada sucks a bit :( Obviously wouldn't expect free shipping across seas, but no option at all is annoying! Was looking forward to giving these a spin.

I emailed them a while back about shipping and they told me they don't do international shipping at this time, they want to concentrate on the US market for now. :sad:

I emailed them a while back about shipping and they told me they don't do international shipping at this time, they want to concentrate on the US market for now. :sad:

well, that doesn't stop us from sending you a few sleeves.....PM me your street address and I can send a few to you when mine get in. I ordered 2 dozen.

Just got shipment notification that mine will be here on Friday!!! Hopefully the weather will hold out so I can test these out on Saturday.

Just got shipment notification that mine will be here on Friday!!! Hopefully the weather will hold out so I can test these out on Saturday.

I'm playing on Friday if you want to join me at Scothurst for a nice walk. If yours aren't here before we play, you can try one of mine.

I will have mine this week and hopefully they will be in play with some THPers in Dallas on Sunday.

well, that doesn't stop us from sending you a few sleeves.....PM me your street address and I can send a few to you when mine get in. I ordered 2 dozen.

Thank you for the offer. Are you sure? Im not sure how much postage would be, might be to much.

Definitely want to try these out, I play the E5 now, but I was playing the E6 for a while and this sounds very similar to the E6. But $6 cheaper and free shipping definitely deserve a spin.

Thank you for the offer. Are you sure? Im not sure how much postage would be, might be to much.

I can try & see how much it would be. PM me your address. Unless it's something totally absurd, I'll send you some, don't worry about it. Just promise me you'll give me a good tour if/when I decide to visit (your country is on my short list of places to visit!!)

I ordered on Friday, and got the $15.99 - 20% deal too. So I went ahead and ordered two boxes! Why not?! The temps finally got above freezing today, so it's going to be awhile before I can do anything other than putt indoors with them.

I play the NXT Tour, so I'm excited to see how these compare.

Sounds good, but should not include chrome on the comparison list as it is the only urethane ball of the whole group.

Just got my shipment today

u8u6y5ut.jpg
ujabunut.jpg
be7esary.jpg
6etagyjy.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Ha, so you gonna game those? :D

Just got my shipment today

u8u6y5ut.jpg
ujabunut.jpg
be7esary.jpg
6etagyjy.jpg

Putted with them yet? Wondering how they feel off the face.

Tapping away on my iPhone

They weren't kidding about no fancy packaging!!!! Doesn't bother me in the least bit!!

I'd be keeping those on the shelf for a while!

I got mine today as well. The only balls I had in the house to compare it to were a Walmart special Intech Beta Ti that I had been using to putt in the basement with, and an Angry Birds edition Srixon AD333 that my sister gave me for Christmas last year and were sitting on my desk.

Keep in mind that I don't worry too much about what ball I'm playing. Sure I've found a few over the years that were duds, but I don't put a lot of spin on the ball, so for the most part I can't tell a whole lot of difference between a high dollar ball and a cheaper ball. The only thing I know for sure is I seem to lose the high dollar balls a lot faster that the cheaper ones.

I only got to putt with them since there is 6 inches of snow out side, but here are my initial findings. The Intech ball is not surprisingly a rock compared to the other 2 balls. I can't believe I actually played these balls for several years because they were so cheap. I found the Srixon ball to feel just a little softer than the Hopkins ball, not a huge difference, but it was definitely noticeable. I also did a few chest high drops on to the concrete floor, and the Srixon would bounce maybe an inch or 2 higher than the Hopkins.

After I let the golf balls thaw after sitting in the snow for 5 hours waiting for me to get home from work today, I practiced putting a little with them.

I tested them against the Wilson Staff Duo, Top Flite Gamer, Taylormade Rocketballz, and the Pro V1x

In terms of feel off the putter I would liken the Hopkins to the Rocketballz or the Gamer the most. The Wilson was much softer. I felt the Pro V was a little softer than the Hopkins but not as much as I originally thought it would be

Back