Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why I didn't buy a Blackhawk for my
M&P, I had heard stories of these malfunctions, and I know a couple guys on the sheriffs force that use them, that concerns me.

I saw a video a while back of an individual who
Shot Himself because he drew wrong with the serpa and placed pressure on the trigger as he drew and shot himself

You must be talking about the Tex Grebner video. He was switching back and forth between platforms and put his finger on the trigger of his firearm thinking he was unlocking the retention mechanism on the other holster. He's pretty widely known by those familiar with him on gun forums as a fool. It wasn't the holster's fault, he was the one that pulled the trigger.

You must be talking about the Tex Grebner video. He was switching back and forth between platforms and put his finger on the trigger of his firearm thinking he was unlocking the retention mechanism on the other holster. He's pretty widely known by those familiar with him on gun forums as a fool. It wasn't the holster's fault, he was the one that pulled the trigger.
the comments on the vid are hilarious

I didn't say it was the holster fault.

I've been using both the safariland and the Blackhawk and have never had any malfunctions or brain farts that resulted in an accident due to switching platforms

I've seen the video of him shooting himself and every time I see it I think how lucky he was that the round missed his foot. So close!!!!!
Accidents happen, such is life.

Does anyone have any experience with KIDD accessories for 10/22s? I am thinking of a few of their parts.

And does anyone have any recommendations for 10/22 stocks other than the Boyd's EVO? That's my first choice right now.

Pekin Gun may not be larger, but have more selection and much better prices. They have limits on how much ammo you can buy right now but carry just about anything. Picked up 500 rounds of 22LR the other day, they had plenty of CCI in stock.

Gander Mt prices are pretty ridiculous, everything is 20-30 % over priced. I have been looking at Glocks for about a year . Gander's had a few in stock so i stop by just to handle and them trying to make my mind up. Their Glock 19 gen4 was 699.00. Guy behind the counter looked at me, and said something to the effect of, better pick it up they are getting hard to come by. I looked at him said are you serious, how do you explain the benefit of me buying a gun from you at close to 200.00 more. I picked up my 19 gen 4 for 545.00 which was CC fee, and transfer, gander would have cost me 740.00

Does anyone have any experience with KIDD accessories for 10/22s? I am thinking of a few of their parts.

And does anyone have any recommendations for 10/22 stocks other than the Boyd's EVO? That's my first choice right now.
I've always been a fan of the Hogue overmold stocks.

I find it amusing that the government is so concerned about plastic 3d printed firearms.

http://news.yahoo.com/congress-ready-extend-ban-plastic-firearms-080638492--politics.html

WASHINGTON (AP) — A Senate vote to renew an expiring ban on plastic firearms capable of evading metal detectors and X-ray machines is shaping up as a bittersweet moment for gun control supporters, days before the anniversary of the deadly mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut.
Monday's vote to extend the prohibition on plastic guns for another decade responds to a growing threat from steadily improving 3-D printers that can produce such weapons. But gun control advocates seem sure to lose an effort to impose additional, tougher restrictions on plastic firearms — a harsh reminder of their failure to enact any new federal gun curbs in the year since 20 first-graders and six educators were murdered in Newtown, Conn.
The slayings last Dec. 14 prompted the newly re-elected President Barack Obama to push gun control to the top of his domestic agenda. But Congress approved nothing, and gun control advocates face the same uphill struggle in 2014, complicated by internal divisions over what their next step should be.

I don't think they understand the tolerances the material used in barrels must have.

plastic could include almost every gun

plastic could include almost every gun

What do you mean? Do you mean if they put limitations on plastic guns, that polymer framed guns like ours would be in trouble?

Can someone elaborate on this a bit? The way I understand it is that the "ENTIRE" gun has to be made of plastic? The barrel in a polymer framed gun is still metal and as such unable to avoid being detected by scanners and should be exempt from this 10 year restriction?

Can someone elaborate on this a bit? The way I understand it is that the "ENTIRE" gun has to be made of plastic? The barrel in a polymer framed gun is still metal and as such unable to avoid being detected by scanners and should be exempt from this 10 year restriction?

I doubt the ban would affect polymer framed guns like the hi point, the entire gun has to be made out of plastic, but a barrel made by 3d printer in my opinion would lack the tolerances needed to withstand the pressure of a firing bullet.

I understand what you're saying but surely a plastic barrel could handle the tolerances of firing at least one round? Sometimes that's all that's needed.

its setting a precedent.
first ban hi cap. then ban mags altogether
first ban "assault" weapons "features" then ban all "military" type weapons
first ban plastic then ban polymer then even metal
etc etc etc
its why even tho it would make certain aspects of gun control "common sense" like gun registration/ background checks/ waiting periods... start the ball rolling on complete bans. the agenda isnt to regulate to a margin of safety... but to eliminate completely
give an inch take a mile. there is no middle ground.
just look at simple politics. the right and the left are so far apart now that there isnt any kind of middle ground compromise.

im not a proponent of 3d guns in the least. its ridiculously dangerous. but its another form of gun control when you tell the idiots doing this that they cant.
let them blow themselves up enough times so they figure it out for themselves lol
hell make a law prohibiting them would set the precedent to any home made projectile. like rubber band guns or spit balls or spud guns or even punkin chunkin haha

The ban will be on guns that are 100% plastic. They are going after plastic guns that have removable metal parts (firing pin) as well but I don't know where that will end up.

Last I checked casings and bullets were metal as well so the fear of sneaking a loaded plastic gun into the White House or wherever is a little over the top.

But this is America and we like to blow things out of proportion.

they did the exact same thing when glocks were first invented
huge panic on trying to sneak those onto planes
now glock is one of the most popular guns around... a ton of police depts issues these as duty weapons

3d printed guns exist and work.

Not practical yet.

Still they need to be banned.

The issue is people are trying, as they always do, to add things to that. Which Is an issue.

they did the exact same thing when glocks were first invented
huge panic on trying to sneak those onto planes
now glock is one of the most popular guns around... a ton of police depts issues these as duty weapons

I was pretty young when glocks got popular but wasnt it very similar to the AR fiasco now? Idiots thinking the gun was something it isn't? ie ARs are as much an automatic death warrior machine as Glocks are 100% undetectable polymer death guns?

I thought years ago that the NRA should have offered universal background checks and bans of the extremes in exchange for an enhancement of the 2nd amendment clarifying right to bear and guaranteeing minimums. Too late now. Momentum is irreversibly in the direction of more limits. Shame. Opportunity lost.

Turned in my application and did fingerprints for my C&C permit today. It will take about 3 months to get. Hoping the weather warms up a bit so I can hit the prairie dog town this weekend.

wow 3 months? is that normal?

i cant find a 9mm bore mop to save my life around here lol. guess i gotta order online

wow 3 months? is that normal?

i cant find a 9mm bore mop to save my life around here lol. guess i gotta order online

Try amazon, or Walmart I got a kit for cheap

question, how can a plastic undetectable gun work if the bullets are detectable?

Try amazon, or Walmart I got a kit for cheap
i have a few kits and all are missing a 9mm mop which should cost a couple of bucks. im not spending more than $5 and def not getting another kit to the collection haha
question, how can a plastic undetectable gun work if the bullets are detectable?
plastic bullets? haha

Conventional bullets yes.

How about a gun shooting rock salt, or a needle shaped item with poison.
Are these items out of the realm of possibilities, not at all. We are talking about a firearm probably capable of one shot, hidden and made in such a way to be undetectable.

Cartridges are already made of plastic, would a brass primer be detectable? It probably would, but would it cause alarm? People have died from blanks so one might not even need a projectile at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back