What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

They are magic balls!!

I have played the last 36 holes with the same duo. I don't know if that has ever happend. I will go back to a ball with more spin in the spring, but for $20 a dozen not bad.

swing your swing

I played the MG Golf Tour C4 my last 2 rounds and I really like the ball. I bought a couple dozen to use during the winter as the leaves are down and it is real easy to misplace a ball here in the south this time of year. I shot 76-75 and I couldn't really tell much difference between this ball and the Prov 1x or Lethals I normally play other than they may come off of wedges on chip shots a little hotter.
I just ordered a second dozen and two gloves from them for a total of $34.44. Balls were $19.99 and the gloves were BOGO at $10.95. Also no matter how many items you order, shipping is $3.50.
At these prices and the performance I've gotten so far these might not be just a winter time ball, they might be a full time gamer!!!!

Played another round this morning with a MG ball shooting 70 making 3 birdies and only 1 bogey. After the round I put the ball back in the bag to use next round, it is diffently more durable than the Bridgestone's 330's or Taylormade's for my swing, I'm normally a high spin guy and I wrinkle a few covers.

Was given a box of Wilson Staff Duo's by a rep at our local course this week to try out. He was so sure it would fix my snap fades that he said take a box and if they don't work don't use them. They reduced my lateral spin and I'm really really happy with them after two games. Very happy.

DUO is without a doubt the best ball I have played in years... If you read this thread you will see the DUO talked about 2-3 times every page... I swear if a big name brand came out with this ball people would fight each other trying to buy them, but as Wilson released the ball it is gaining in popularity through word of mouth. I've given several out and everyone I give the ball to loves it.

Played an old favorite today I haven't played in a long time. Bridgestone E6. It's cold and I've lost a lot of distance so yesterday I tried the Wilson Staff 50E and it just wouldn't get out there for me at all even though it was low compression.

Picked up a dozen E6's on my way home last night and went out with a 4 some today and I wasn't always the longest but I was never out of play. I started off easy swinging about 220 or so (it's 33-35 degrees here, don't abuse me) and finally halfway through I realized I was going to have to go ahead and step on it because I just wasn't getting out there to mid iron distance to the greens. Hard swings in this weathers resulted in shots around 240 or so with wet fairways so I was once again amazed how hard I can swing with this ball and keep it relatively straight. Pretty much aim down the center and depending on how handsy I get it can be in the middle or trickle left or right.

I may go back to playing this full time.

DUO is without a doubt the best ball I have played in years... If you read this thread you will see the DUO talked about 2-3 times every page... I swear if a big name brand came out with this ball people would fight each other trying to buy them, but as Wilson released the ball it is gaining in popularity through word of mouth. I've given several out and everyone I give the ball to loves it.

I'm glad. I can buy them recycled now that they're gaining popularity. Just got 10 dozen at ~.70¢ a ball.

Dropped up to my local pro shop today to pick up a new glove at lunch. The pro there said he had a box of Wilson Staff FG Tour 2013 balls that were a left over prize from comp on the weekend and offered I try a few for putting and chipping. Had nothing better to do at lunch so had a play around on the green and with a 60* wedge. Really nice around the green which surprised me. They're pretty expensive over here about $50 a box but very nice.

Played an old favorite today I haven't played in a long time. Bridgestone E6. It's cold and I've lost a lot of distance so yesterday I tried the Wilson Staff 50E and it just wouldn't get out there for me at all even though it was low compression.

Picked up a dozen E6's on my way home last night and went out with a 4 some today and I wasn't always the longest but I was never out of play. I started off easy swinging about 220 or so (it's 33-35 degrees here, don't abuse me) and finally halfway through I realized I was going to have to go ahead and step on it because I just wasn't getting out there to mid iron distance to the greens. Hard swings in this weathers resulted in shots around 240 or so with wet fairways so I was once again amazed how hard I can swing with this ball and keep it relatively straight. Pretty much aim down the center and depending on how handsy I get it can be in the middle or trickle left or right.

I may go back to playing this full time.
Off topic... But where'd you play?

Pine Valley in Lindale. I'm kinda home shopping and I've been thinking about that neighborhood as a place to live since it's a better school district and closer to lake fork as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

E5. I like it with my iron play and short game, but off the tee I can get too much spin and have some unfortunate lies for my second shot.

I am interested in checking out the new Hopkins ball because it seems like it is similar to the E6.

Bridgestone Tour B330. Great all-around ball for me. Performed really well in cold and damp conditions.

I liked the Tour ball as well. Good overall performance and a good price per dozen for a tour golfball.

What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Played an Srixon Ad333 Yellow ball around today, very impressed. Good distance and felt nice around the greens.

Think this may be my winter ball for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been playing the Chrome's for the last few rounds and this may become my go to ball for the price and performance you really can't beat it!!! I still like the 330RX and ZStar's but they don't perform any better and are $10 more a dozen.

I played the Nike RZN. Just a perfect ball for my game. I think Nike is on to something with these balls. Can't wait for all the 2014 versions.

Played a Master Golf C4 it's a urethane covered ball with spec,s near to a Pro V but only cost $22.50 a dozen shipped very nice ball.

Played a Callaway Hex Hot in optical yellow. First off, played all 9 holes on a single ball, which is wild and speaks to this thing's ability to be pretty straight, especially off the tee and with the long clubs. Helps that the yellow is very bright and stands out well among leaves. It's worth noting that the sunglasses I use are tinted to deal with extremely bright sun (such as a fellow might find in Afghanistan, or Arizona.) As such, they do wash out a little bit of the color spectrum, but the yellow was easy to spot.

Also, this ball is long. I'd say I generally hit it about half a club with my short irons on up to nearly a full club longer with hybrids and long irons (which led to some trouble!) Flew very well, and while I wouldn't call it high spin, I'm not a high spin hitter even with my wedges and short irons, and we're working with some very fast and firm greens these days.

This is my new favorite ball, to be honest. It suits my game much better than the ProV1's and V1x's I'd been playing the past several outings, and it's longer and straighter than the Top Flite Gamer. Though if it turns out to be because my swing has improved, so much the better!

E5. I like it with my iron play and short game, but off the tee I can get too much spin and have some unfortunate lies for my second shot.

I am interested in checking out the new Hopkins ball because it seems like it is similar to the E6.

It's a lot harder than the E6 unfortunately.

I played the Hopkins ball yesterday and really wasn't happy with it at all. It feels like you're hitting a rock. I got typical distance off the tee, but was considerably short on my iron shots. It felt horrible off the putter and I had my worst putting day in recent memory. Just couldn't get a consistent roll with it. I hit one in the water and laughed because it was finally gone. I also left one in the rough somewhere because in my mind it wasn't worth looking for.

I gave one to mightyquinn and he played one hole with it and gave it back.

Played a single SR3 by Callaway and I am fast ly growing attached to this ball

Played a single SR3 by Callaway and I am fast ly growing attached to this ball
Freddie several of us this week were able to play this ball. When that thread opens up it's going to shock some people!

Freddie several of us this week were able to play this ball. When that thread opens up it's going to shock some people!
I couldn't agree more. I have gamed the same ball the last three rounds and besides some wedge scuffs it's still performing

Tried both versions of the new Nike rzn...... Do not like them one bit.

Played with the pink Bridgestone Lady Precept today. I actually liked the way it felt a lot, I was just playing horribly today.

played the srixon z star yesterday.. had a sleeve of yellow's, so they were pretty nice in the dense fog..

Played a Pro V1 today, I have no complaints about it but I'll be sticking to my winter ball, the Bridgestone Lady Precept for the rest of the winter then see how it stacks up to my other favorites come spring. I'm really considering just moving to the Precept full time.

Stuck on the E6 year round right now, everytime I play another ball the feel off the putter seems odd. Find it hard to stray at this point.

Back