cell phones on the course

My phone stays in my car, no exceptions. Golf is my time and I don't want to be bothered. I figured anything else can wait.

My buddy used his a few times today. It was the first time he left his daughter in charge at his business, and she called him a few times. Never was on the phone for more than a few minutes and never caused any delay.

I have mine on with my GPS app and in case of emergencies with the family or work (paramedic). I won't start texting someone or start Any casual conversations that I know won't be over in 60 seconds because it's just rude towards the other members in the group, I think anyways

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I keep mine on vibrate in my pocket. I don't reach for it to do anything unless I feel it ringing, and then I'll check caller ID but won't answer. I think that's only happened twice. I do golf with a few friends who also keep their phones with them, however both are involved with the medical field and it's understandable they might get a call. I've yet to see either make calls, and both are up front that if they have to take a call they'll do it from the side and for us not to wait up for them.

In certain cases I think it is okay. Here are a few examples: 1) I am a Criminal Ivestigator for the Army and I am allways on call, so if I want to go play for a few hours on the weekend I have to be available at all times in less I am on leave. 2) I have an Iphone and all my course maps, scoring is on an App. As long as your phone is on silent I don't have a problem with having a phone on the course. I do have a problem with the people who talk to random people while they golf (in less it is very important) or if they don't put it on silent.

Back