Electronics Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a 38" Vizio sound bar, I'm quite excited.

There are HDMI switches that can add inputs. But with 2, it gives one the ability to have DVR/cable box and DVD player or game system. I guess they believe that is enough. Plus some receivers can be setup to have all run straight to it, then have one out that goes to display to minimize needs for more inputs (on display).

This is what I'm looking for but I just can't seem to find a receiver with any HDMI inputs for under $400. I bought my Sony 2 years ago for $200 and it has 2 extra HDMI inputs so I"m a bit confused why they've stopped doing this.

This is what I'm looking for but I just can't seem to find a receiver with any HDMI inputs for under $400. I bought my Sony 2 years ago for $200 and it has 2 extra HDMI inputs so I"m a bit confused why they've stopped doing this.

Just plug all the devices via hdmi into tv, then connect the optical out from the tv to the optical in on your receiver. You not have video switching but that's not a big deal

Just plug all the devices via hdmi into tv, then connect the optical out from the tv to the optical in on your receiver. You not have video switching but that's not a big deal

I'm not sure I understand. If the TV has 2 inputs and they have 4 devices how will that work?

Hello beautiful Bose QC15s. Will be breaking them in 2 hours from now

I'm not sure I understand. If the TV has 2 inputs and they have 4 devices how will that work?

Sorry I did see that part about only 2 inputs. I got a 47 inch inch LED that has 4 hdmi inputs for 575. It's a really nice tv for the dollars.
With a tv with only 2 your only option without buying high dollar receive is get a switch like JB said earlier

Yeah I love my sony.

I've gone the bluray home theater combo route in the past and it was a bad idea. If the bluray dies the whole thing is practically useless. After that the separate receiver was the way to go. I got an Onkyo with four hdmi in and one out to the tv. Plenty of room for the cable box, bluray, roku, and game or Chromecast. I think my Onkyo was around $400 on amazon, but the home theater is something that needs at least a little money thrown at it. Do it right up front and save money and frustration down the road.

Also check Monoprice for speakers and such. Good quality, much lower price.

I spent some time at Best Buy with the Note 3, I really want that phone. Unfortunately, I'm not due for an upgrade until May since Verizon did away with their 20 month upgrade policy.

I have a Pioneer that was about $250 or $300. It has 4 HDMI inputs with 1 output to the TV (as well as optical). It does everything I need it to, the only thing it doesn't do is bluetooth to an MP3 player, but I have an iPod classic, so it doesn't really affect me. It does have an iPod/MP3 USB port in the front though, which I use quite a bit.

I have a Pioneer that was about $250 or $300. It has 4 HDMI inputs with 1 output to the TV (as well as optical). It does everything I need it to, the only thing it doesn't do is bluetooth to an MP3 player, but I have an iPod classic, so it doesn't really affect me. It does have an iPod/MP3 USB port in the front though, which I use quite a bit.

A front USB port is quite handy. I use ours to power the Chromecast.

under my tree this morning was a pair of Beats Solo headphones in THP Green!

Okay, I finally got to listen to music from a pair of Beats. I must say, the sound was absolutely incredible. I still cannot fathom spending that much on headphones. But, I now understand it, slightly more, for those that do. I still have to think that a similar sound can be had for 1/2 the cost. I mainly wear headphones only when I am at my daughter's gymnastics and or soccer practice/games. I get music. I can watch her. And, I don't have to listen to other parents. I would definitely consider a nicer headphone around $50, if that type of sound is available at that price point.

under my tree this morning was a pair of Beats Solo headphones in THP Green!
Nice color choice, deano. How are you liking them?

If my math is correct I think im pondering a TV now

3 receivers coming, and only have like 2.5 TV's

Contemplating a Mini Mac hmmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back