#TheKing w/ Callaway Golf - Final Rosters

What's everybody thinking for preparations? Anybody going to undertake lessons or just work on what you already have? I know it's not always easy for the guys in the snow belt.

I doubt I'll do lessons, just work more on what I have. I do want to dedicate time to putting practise. My golf time will be limited in January and February due to a lot of work travel. Just hope to get in maybe 4 rounds a month to maintain what I have. Once March comes with warmer temps and a time change I'll step up the routine and in addition to 1 or 2 18 hole rounds on weekends I'll try to get in 2 or 3 waking rounds of nine holes during the week after work.

What's everybody thinking for preparations? Anybody going to undertake lessons or just work on what you already have? I know it's not always easy for the guys in the snow belt.

I have 10 lessons left of a 15 lesson golftec package, along with practice time. Since they got the foresight monitor / simulator, the practice got a lot more useful (including playing sim golf on about 20 different courses). I plan to use most of those lessons before #theKing to hopefully completely groove my full swing. Its already pretty close, I'm just cleaning up my impact position a little bit and I'll be pretty happy with my swing.

Also, just started back in the gym to get in better overall shape. Will be working on stretching a lot to get some flexibility back I've lost over the last few years, and some strength and conditioning as well. Plus I could stand to lose about 8 or 10 pounds I figure.

For when weather allows me to be outdoors, I'm really going to work on my 80 yards and in. As my full swing has improved, the finesse shots have become the glaring weakness in my game. So lots of pitching, chipping and putting too.

I'd love to be playing like a sub 5 handicap by #TheKing. Yeah, its pretty ambitious but I'd rather have tough goals than kind of complacently roll along.

Good deal guys.

I hope you all find something that works for your situation and your games go in the direction you're hoping.

Wife cleaned out our office area last night and at my request made a permanent home for my birdieball green. She and I will have a ton of putting under our belts this winter in prep for TheKing and Love is in the Air.

I'm also going to hit the range and course more during the colder months and not be as picky about the temperature as I usually am. 40 degrees is not golf weather IMO but that's going to change for the next couple months.

Need to seek out a convenient short game practice area as well.

Only advice I'll give is get good at putting! You can really test a guy's patience with a good wedge and putting game.

Best I have found totals $130. Do you remember where you got $11/day?

The company was firefly (still onsite at airport) through Priceline.com Of course pricing is almost entirely based on demand so the April time may be tougher than when I went in October this year. I think checking in a couple months when the rental car companies have a better sense for how many cars they have available will also help.

The company was firefly (still onsite at airport) through Priceline.com Of course pricing is almost entirely based on demand so the April time may be tougher than when I went in October this year. I think checking in a couple months when the rental car companies have a better sense for how many cars they have available will also help.

Everything down there is more expensive in March/April.

Only advice I'll give is get good at putting! You can really test a guy's patience with a good wedge and putting game.

Yeah, that makes sense. Assuming match play style events, being able to drain some putts is probably the most important skill to have.

Yeah, that makes sense. Assuming match play style events, being able to drain some putts is probably the most important skill to have.

Both for scoring and annoying the crap out of your opponent. Not that it's a big secret or anything lol. Still though - if you miss greens often, better be a good putter or you'll get smoked. I know this!

Both for scoring and annoying the crap out of your opponent. Not that it's a big secret or anything lol. Still though - if you miss greens often, better be a good putter or you'll get smoked. I know this!
QFT....especially the first sentence. The Gauntlet was my first foray into match play, and I was not prepared for the emotional swing of my putts not going in...and moreso for my opponent dropping a bomb. I went from thinking I've got the hole won, to either halving or losing it on the green quite a few times.

100%....nothing more frustrating than watching a guy chip & putt well for halves or even wins

I'm going to work on chipping and putting. A good short game player around the greens can put pressure on anyone and wreck havoc on the outcome. The course I am joining next week has fast dwarf bermuda greens so it should help me come April.

http://www.lanecreekgolfclub.com/index.html

Sorry I'm late to the party on this post. Congrats all!! Those are some spectacular looking teams! #I'mstillwithChad.

For prep, I'm starting by re-committing to the gym. I was on a nice track there up until the holidays, so I'm going to get back in and work strength training, flexibility, and cardio endurance.

My course's golf pro is in FL until mid to late April, so hopefully the assistant is going to stick around this winter for some pointers. I'm also going to be spending some considerable time at the range working on my mid-irons which have consistently been my issue lately. I also downloaded Golf Magazine's "Break 80 Planner" which is a 6-week action plan to get my game in shape using about 3 hours per week to practice. hopefully the weather cooperates with my plans.

I love my boys Buck and Howzat like brothers.... sorry dudes. I still gotta support my man Chad and THE OG !!! #teamchad

As much as I like all you fellas on Team Chad. I am with my man Harry.

I plan on spending a lot of time here...

I love my boys Buck and Howzat like brothers.... sorry dudes. I still gotta support my man Chad and THE OG !!! #teamchad

i think you're making a mistake i am actually undefeated in Florida THP Competition rounds...... if you like rooting for the underdog who loses then i guess thats cute but #imwithharry

I've taken a few lessons already, and will probably take 2 or 3 more in the next couple months. Right now I'm working on grooving my swing changes from the first 2 lessons though. Also need to work my putting over in the next couple months, it was pretty rough my last couple rounds.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

I'm going to continue doing what I currently do which is play a round every Saturday and hit the range with a few hundred balls one night a week. I'm going to do my best to spend at least one evening/two weeks on the practice green working on my stroke and pitching/chipping. I need to get better with the putter if I want to win some matches.
At the range I'm going to spend less time pounding driver and 3 wood and tons of time with 6i and 7i. I'm not sure what yardage we'll be playing but I can't afford to be anything less than sharp from 155-175 regardless.

Back