Winter Time Drills

dhartmann34

Reaction score
Handicap
So it's winter and -2 outside so I won't be playing or even practiving much anytime soon....at least not outdoors.... But I do have my Birdieball putting green which I use daily so I've got putting covered. But I'm wondering what drills THPland may have for at home, with a little bit of space for the golf swing. Maybe you can post a picture or video or link?

I'm thinking there has to be some good drills to keep my swing fresh, and make it better while this cold weather cramps my style!

Thanks and Merry Christmas!!! :act-up:

I'm lucky enough to have a mat and net in the garage, but before that I would spend the winter staying flexible. Lots of stretching to keep my golf muscles loose and ready for spring.

:act-up:You can work on a squat impact position ( alla Snead) ... Slotting ( side karate chop) .. Grip ( cut off club) all without swinging. All indoors..all winter

If you want to swing, and work on impact position, you can purchase an impact bag and swing indoors (assuming you have enough room in the house). It can be a little loud on full swings but its a nice tool for working on proper leading handle impact, and squaring up the club face.

I've always been curious about an impact bag. Never used one before.

Me either, but I'm getting one for Christmas. Going to have to read up on drills to use with it. When I get home I'll take a pic or shoot a video of my basement setup for ya.

Here's a video of my practice area. Obviously since it's indoors it's dedicated to short game, but hopefully it will get my game in shape for the spring.

A little bit of carpet chipping could work. I tried some chipping on my BirdieBall mat and took a little divot. Oops.

Any chance your local range has heated stalls?

put on a rain coat, step out to my back patio with an old range matt, hit whiffle balls into the gate.

put on a rain coat, step out to my back patio with an old range matt, hit whiffle balls into the gate.

A little hard to do when the precipitation is frozen :p

If you've got an area where you can at least go from the top of your swing to just past impact, "L" to "Y" is an awesome drill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDUgT1-CU44

Tapping away on my Galaxy 2 Note

I often practice by chipping whiffle golf balls into a clothes basket or a small trash can.

Maybe you'll put one to use in the upcoming GolfTEC sessions. I think it is a great tool, so far. I mentioned the connected takeaway drill I have been doing in the GolfTEC thread, but I also started using it in a similar manner going through the impact position... Set up in your target impact position, then rotate through, pushing the bag forwards.

A little bit of carpet chipping could work. I tried some chipping on my BirdieBall mat and took a little divot. Oops.

Any chance your local range has heated stalls?

That's no good! Ask John at birdieball if there's anyway to patch or fix it. I put divots in making a video for the king and he sent me a brand new one! Great company and guy.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Maybe you'll put one to use in the upcoming GolfTEC sessions. I think it is a great tool, so far. I mentioned the connected takeaway drill I have been doing in the GolfTEC thread, but I also started using it in a similar manner going through the impact position... Set up in your target impact position, then rotate through, pushing the bag forwards.

Heading there to practice this afternoon! I saw you're there this morning.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Back